PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Thursday Night Adventures [EST]

VisualSnowfall
December 9th, 2018, 02:35
Not currently looking for players. Feel free to message me if you'd like to be notified of any openings.

Game Time: Games start every Thursday 8:30 PM EST (Eastern) / Friday 01:30 UTC and run for approximately 4 hours.
First Session: Second or Third week in January will be session 0.
Term: >1 year.
Voice Software: Discord (with background music). Please have headphones and push to talk if needed.

Roleplay / Combat: Not a game for combat orientated players. The system favors roleplay and exploration/investigation over combat.
Number of Players: Five total. 0 more.
Player Expectations: Respect everyone at the virtual table, try to stay in character, and have fun.

System Details: We will be using the Cypher System with a few minor changes to character creation and advancement. We will be going over all the rules of how to play in session 0 so don't worry about those too much. If most people want to give it a try, I can do a game or two before we actually start to try it out. It should support the type of game you're looking for, so I've listed some defining features below.

Simplified combat system. Combat relies on creativity instead of heavy rules like D&D.
Encourages exploration and roleplay.
Less dice rolling. All damage is static (which can be increased) and doesn't use dice.
No separate hitpoint value. Expending effort & casting spells will slowly wear out your character.
Plenty of character options. It is satisfyingly crunchy here.
Encourages the use of consumable magic items and prevents hoarding.

Campaign Details: Nothing completely decided on here except for a general fantasy setting so I am open to suggestions. Regardless of what we play, I'm going to make homebrew content for the game for both short term and long term problems. This will include content to include character's backstories and just other things to give the players more options as I would like to use D&D modules as the backbone of the story and I don't want anyone to feel railroaded.

If You Want to Play: Whether you're new or not, I would like to know what you look for in a game, a GM, and other players as well as what you look forward to most in a session/campaign. I'm looking to make sure the game will be fun for you. If you have any other questions/concerns, feel free to ask.

Rogich
December 9th, 2018, 02:44
This sounds interesting. I'd be interested in giving this a shot. Feel free to give my thread linked below to find out a bit about who I am and what I'm looking for. I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have about me. Thanks.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46822-LFG-1-Player-LF-Afternoon-Weekend-or-Weeknight-Tues-Weds-Group-EST-US-Time-Zone-5E

tasidar25
December 11th, 2018, 06:08
I'd be down for this. It would be my first game on Fantasy Grounds if you could tolerate herding a noob.

VisualSnowfall
December 16th, 2018, 18:37
Just need 1-2 more players.

VisualSnowfall
December 21st, 2018, 03:47
Just looking for one more player. Once the group is filled, we will be setting a day for a quick chat about what the campaign will be and possibly brainstorm some character ideas.

siveon
December 21st, 2018, 03:52
I'd be happy to join. I'm looking for a deeper, less combat oriented game myself.

EDIT: I am also inexperienced with Fantasy Grounds but I hope my regular tabletop experience (though not with this ruleset) helps.

VisualSnowfall
December 30th, 2018, 19:13
Looking for one more again. Haven't started the campaign yet.

Kaybee
January 4th, 2019, 03:42
I am potentially interested. Do you have anymore details on the the actual campaign that you want to run?

I have been running a campaign using the Cypher System for the last 10 months, so I'm familiar with the ins and outs of the system.