PDA

View Full Version : Grenades as Spells - Possible in custom module?

shartahl
December 8th, 2018, 18:59
I just put all the current grenades the players in my game have in their inventory into a spellcaster class called Grenades on each of their player sheets. For now this works, but I was wondering if there was a way to make a module that I could put every grenade in and have it be able to be drag and drop on the characters. has anyone tried to do this?

esmdev
December 8th, 2018, 19:13
I am not sure about Starfinder but in 5E I built a development campaign(to keep everything separate and in one place) where I put together items, classes, races, spells, etc., that are unique to my campaign. Then I export it into a module that I just load in whatever active campaign I'm running. It works great this way because I can reuse it from campaign to campaign without having to build stuff again each time. Plus you can be selective with exporting if you want something for one campaign but not something else.

shartahl
December 8th, 2018, 19:24
I am not sure about Starfinder but in 5E I built a development campaign(to keep everything separate and in one place) where I put together items, classes, races, spells, etc., that are unique to my campaign. Then I export it into a module that I just load in whatever active campaign I'm running. It works great this way because I can reuse it from campaign to campaign without having to build stuff again each time. Plus you can be selective with exporting if you want something for one campaign but not something else.

How do you export the items to a module?

Trenloe
December 8th, 2018, 19:58
How do you export the items to a module?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Export

shartahl
December 12th, 2018, 17:01
Pouring through the grenade rules, it seems I never read that last line. While the DC formula is pretty straight forward to add (ItemLevel/2+DexMod), where the wrenches get thrown in are the fact that the CRB states that the grenades suffer a penalty to the DC equal to the range increment penalties as well. so throwing a 45 feet, that puts it in the third range increment which gives a -6 to hit(not a problem) and a -6 to save DC.

Grenade Rule from CRB:

Grenades
Grenades are thrown weapons that detonate in an explosive
radius when they reach the target. A grenade’s listing on Table
7–7: Grenades shows its explosion radius. Some grenades have
additional effects, such as blinded or entangled, that apply
only to creatures in the explosion radius that fail a Reflex save
against the grenade. The DC of the save is equal to 10 + half the
grenade’s item level + your Dexterity modifier. Any penalty you
take to your attack roll also applies to this save DC.