PDA

View Full Version : Druid Wild Shapes (for 5E)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Minty23185Fresh
May 12th, 2020, 18:49
... I found if you ... manually add a Druid [class] ...
Brilliant work around Bonkon!
(For Bonkon's complete description see the previous post, #250)

For other cheats and work arounds, see post #106 (page 11 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46890-Druid-Wild-Shapes-(for-5E)/page11)) of this thread.

FredHurin
May 17th, 2020, 22:15
HI! i load a old campaign from FG to FGU, i download the new version 12 B for use in the UNity, but whem i open the druids sheet apeears in the log:35633

Minty23185Fresh
May 18th, 2020, 17:19
@FredHurin.

From the screen shot I see that you have multiple extensions loaded. Are you truly using them all? For instance you have several decals loaded. Typically one uses only one decal in a session, unless you like to switch between decals during the session. Many other posts in these forums suggest that the DM only load those extensions that you are really using. One of the biggest problems with multiple loaded extensions, especially if they're by different authors, is, we typically develop our extensions independent of what other authors are doing. This can cause conflicts as one author's extension stomps on one or more of the other loaded extensions.

In the screenshot you have provided, the third statement (a warning) indicates to me that this might be exactly what is going on. The DWSI extension was loaded, then one of the subsequent extensions loaded and overwrote some part of DWSI. When code in the DWSI was called, code that was no longer available, because references to it have been overwritten, FG throws the error shown in the console (second line from the bottom).

In order for me to figure out what the issue is, I need a few things from you.
1) start by running FG with no extensions loaded, does the error occur?
2) if not, load only DWSI, does the error occur?
3) if not, load DWSI and one other extension, does the error occur?
4) repeat step three until you find the two extensions, DWSI and one other, that don't work well with one another. It is unlikely that it will be one of the decals, so I would try them last.

When you find the extensions that are in conflict, let me know, and I can go from there.

FredHurin
May 18th, 2020, 18:48
HI again!! Thanks a lot for your help! it was the Local dice tower extension there are in conflict!!(LTDE)

Minty23185Fresh
May 20th, 2020, 01:43
@FredHurin
Both LDTE and DWSI are my extensions, thanks for using them and thank you for letting me know that there is a conflict in FGU that does not exist in FGC.

I have narrowed it down to the order in which the two extensions are loaded. But at this time I cannot fix it, but I do have a work around (I believe).

The reason I cannot fix the issue is an error in FGU and, evidently, FGC, in the handling of the “loadorder” as reported by deff in this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56255-Bug-loadorder-broken) thread. deff mentions that he believes extensions load in alphabetical order. I have verified his theory to be accurate and believe he is correct.

So FredHurin if you just rename the Druid Wild Shapes extension so that it will be alphabetically after the Local Dice Tower Extension I think you’ll be able to use them both. (Something like “mDWSI_v0.0.12_B_FGU.ext” should work.)

srinity
May 22nd, 2020, 22:22
Thanks for making this extension! (And looking forward to seeing what is in store for the bardic inspiration extension)
Trying it out tonight in my FGU campaign, as my brand new party gets to LVL2.

srinity
July 4th, 2020, 15:57
Good day Minty23185Fresh!

An item from play testing in Unity. For maps that have LOS defined, using the Wildshape extension seems to cause the client to 'reset' its LOS state. (Even if the LOS is not 'enabled' on the map.) My druid has been saying that everytime I shift her, she loses all the explored areas of the map, and when I move her, she can see the immediate area but not where she has been. (Consistent with an LOS reset.) Believe this has been consistent both for shifting too and shifting back from wildshape.

However, an interesting new twist on this came up last night. When I was assigning everyone temp hitpoints, everyone lost their LOS state upon being assigned temp hit points. (Even my non-druids.) I watched this happen on my end, as I had both a client and server running, and as soon as I assigned temp HP to the local character, the map lost all visibility. And while this map had LOS definitions defined, the LOS was not enabled.) - Note, I did try to recreate this in a vanilla instance without the extension, and I could not, so I am thinking this is extension related.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide, and if I can do something on my end please let me know.

Zacchaeus
July 4th, 2020, 16:09
Depending on how this extension works when you shapeshift you are effectively removing the existing character (so losing LoS) and placing a new one on the map (so gaining local LoS).

Gorg Jorshwin
July 5th, 2020, 17:23
Could this be fixed by assigning the Druid to control multiple characters so that LoS explored areas are kept visible?

srinity
July 5th, 2020, 23:20
Could this be fixed by assigning the Druid to control multiple characters so that LoS explored areas are kept visible?
Don't believe so? I had party vision on at the time (another player has to control a familiar), and it still happened.

Minty23185Fresh
July 5th, 2020, 23:28
I have no interest in chasing this down in Unity. I am not a Unity user yet.

But what I can do is disable the token switching on the map. Comments?

Minty23185Fresh
July 5th, 2020, 23:31
Depending on how this extension works when you shapeshift you are effectively removing the existing character (so losing LoS) and placing a new one on the map (so gaining local LoS).

Thank you Zacchaeus. As always, very astute of you. This leads me down a path of least time taken from my schedule to effect a solution.

srinity
July 6th, 2020, 00:31
I changed line 253 of DWS_manager_wildshapes.lua from:

return CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken(nodeCharInCT, nil); to simply
return
In my one off testing, it did *not* lose LOS history. So that would be my vote for unity at the moment.

(Off topic, I wish I could find the doc for CombatManager to see what other functions we could call instead.)

Minty23185Fresh
July 6th, 2020, 01:11
K then. You’ve essentially pretested for me. I’ll make the change and release a FGU only version.

Minty23185Fresh
July 6th, 2020, 03:43
Duplicate

LordEntrails
July 6th, 2020, 17:21
@Minty23185Fresh,
I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53781-On-Licensing-Distribution-of-Community-Content). Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post :)

Minty23185Fresh
July 6th, 2020, 18:14
I have licensing statements in every code/script file in my extensions, but adding licensing statement in the thread makes sense. Thanks LordEntrails

LordEntrails
July 6th, 2020, 18:41
I have licensing statements in every code/script file in my extensions, but adding licensing statement in the thread makes sense. Thanks LordEntrails
Thank you :) (I only checked the text of the thread, oviously!)

Poisonburger
July 7th, 2020, 10:03
This might be a bit of a longshot, but I'm intending to play a Monk/Druid multiclass, and my DM has agreed to allow me to calculate Wildshaped AC as the highest of (10+Natural Armour+DEX[Beast]) or (10+WIS[Druid/Monk]+DEX[Beast]).

(I'm aware that this is almost certainly not the intended functionality of this interaction https://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/06/01/unarmored-druid-monk/.)

I'm not expecting you to add an option to the extension just for this house-rule, but I was wondering if there was an easy way to modify the extension so that AC is automatically calculated in this way? I took a look at the scripts in the extension, but don't have any prior understanding of the syntax so I can't really do this myself (yet).

Currently, I've made a work-around which is a group of beast NPCs with modified AC (literally just modifying the value on the sheet), but this then means that the list of known forms can't simply be exported as part of the character - links to modified NPCs revert to empty sheets when exported as part of the character sheet. I've 'fixed' this by exporting the group as a module, so we can still use the extension by dragging from that group, but it would be nice to have the list on the character sheet.

If there's something obvious I've missed (like a way to fix the list of modified beasts so it appears on the character sheet when exported) so that there's no need to modify the extension, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know - I'm very new to Fantasy Grounds.

Thanks in advance - I must say that the extension seems to work perfectly.

Edit: The Sage Advice post above actually could be read in favour OR against this interpretation, but the sage advice segment of this podcast (at ~27-29 minutes) https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/chris-avellone-and-philip-daigle-planescape-torment-enhanced-edition seems to suggest you should pick whichever AC is higher of the Druid/Monk normally (i.e. 10+DEX[Druid/Monk]+WIS) or of the beast (i.e. 10+Natural armour+DEX[Beast]).

Minty23185Fresh
July 7th, 2020, 16:22
@Poisonburger At this point, it appears as though you have a functioning, although unpalatable, work around for this "house rule". I'll look into this in the future, but I'm pretty sure that won't be in timely manner to meet your playing schedule, I have far too many other items on my plate at this time.

Poisonburger
July 8th, 2020, 12:54
Thanks for responding - turns out our group has changed plans anyway (our current DM wants to be a player for a bit), so I'll be running a campaign instead.

Given that this is the case, I won't be playing this character for some time, so I'll probably try to get more familiar with Fantasy Grounds/Lua and cobble something slightly less clumsy together in the meantime.

DrewS
July 14th, 2020, 20:20
Good afternoon Minty23185Fresh!

I am new to fantasy grounds and I purchased the unity version. I am in the process of converting my long running roll20 game. I wanted to say I love the way this extension works.

I do have a question though. I have a player that is using the insignia of claws as a moon druid. Essentially it's a +1 to hit and +1 damage in wildshape. I am able to edit the relevent section individually after the transformation, but I need to do that each time.

Is there any way to make it so that change (+1 to hit and +1 damage in wildshape) is reflected automatically when they transform?

Minty23185Fresh
July 14th, 2020, 20:52
@DrewS
Two items:
(1) Others using Unity have had issues with my extension so beware of that (see posts above).
(2) Constantly modifying my extension to support such specific situations as you’ve mentioned is not something I willing to do.

What immediately comes to mind, to solve your problem is “effects”. You can add both an attack +1 and a damage +1 to the Druid and turn them off and on at will. If the player adds them they can manage that themselves. The effects can even be named with a note so that when they’re applied during combat you’ll all know where they came from. With something like celestian’s Advanced Effects extension you can set the effects up so that they will auto-apply whenever the Druid is added to the Combat Tracker (alleviating the need to add the effects manually every time).

MSW
July 14th, 2020, 22:22
Good afternoon Minty23185Fresh!

I am new to fantasy grounds and I purchased the unity version. I am in the process of converting my long running roll20 game. I wanted to say I love the way this extension works.

I do have a question though. I have a player that is using the insignia of claws as a moon druid. Essentially it's a +1 to hit and +1 damage in wildshape. I am able to edit the relevent section individually after the transformation, but I need to do that each time.

Is there any way to make it so that change (+1 to hit and +1 damage in wildshape) is reflected automatically when they transform?

Hi, you can write an effect in the combat tracker.
ATK: +1; DMG: +1

You can turn this effect off if he is in his normal form and you can turn it on if he goes wildshape.
You do this by clicking on the green "on" button left side under effects. On - skip - off

rottenpossum
August 5th, 2020, 20:15
Has anyone experimented with losing an effect when wild shape is lost? The druid in my game has a magical item that grants him special effects (dmg and resistance) for a duration of 2 minutes OR until wild shape is lost. I have the effect working for all of it except the wild shape lost bit.

Diablobob
August 5th, 2020, 21:45
Have you tried to use the custom IF effect?... it won’t remove the effect if Wildshape is lost, but it should only apply if Wildshape effect is active... if you set it up right... just a thought

TXCBoy36
August 6th, 2020, 04:23
Is this extension complete and functional and will it work with FGU?

Zacchaeus
August 6th, 2020, 09:44
Is this extension complete and functional and will it work with FGU?

Read the first post

elthaco
August 12th, 2020, 03:00
I'm probably blind, but I couldnt not find the download link anywhere. And yah i read the entire first page... =(

edit: for some reason Chrome kept loading the forum as the mobile version. All sorted.

Indus101
August 16th, 2020, 03:17
Fantastic extension. Thank you for doing this, Minty.

Plaindog
August 27th, 2020, 08:58
I am getting this error message while loading the extension in Unity. Anyone know how to get around this?

Zacchaeus
August 27th, 2020, 09:27
I am getting this error message while loading the extension in Unity. Anyone know how to get around this?

Do you have the correct version? - see the first post.

macDsinfo
August 27th, 2020, 09:43
Thanks for this.

Plaindog
August 27th, 2020, 09:48
Yeah I downloaded it and did another try. Same result unfortunately

rottenpossum
August 27th, 2020, 12:56
Yeah I downloaded it and did another try. Same result unfortunately

You specifically went to the post with the unity version?

Trenloe
August 27th, 2020, 13:37
As post #1 mentions, download the Unity extension from post #195 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46890-Druid-Wild-Shapes-(for-5E)&p=488771&viewfull=1#post488771

Remove the FGC extension file DWSI_v0.0.10.ext from the FGU \extensions directory and add the FGU file DWSI_v0.0.12_B_FGU.ext. Restart FG if it was running and make sure you activate the Druid Wild Shapes (v0.0.12 B FGU) extension. If you see Druid Wild Shapes Implementor (v0.0.10) in the extension list don't activate it as that is the FGC version.

Plaindog
August 27th, 2020, 15:14
Aha I wasn't aware of post #195 lol. Maybe update the first post with the Unity info? Thanks for helping anyway :)

Trenloe
August 27th, 2020, 15:22
Aha I wasn't aware of post #195 lol. Maybe update the first post with the Unity info?
It's already in the first post:

The current version for Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) of the extension is v0.0.12 B FGU, released on April 1, 2020, see post #195.

Minty23185Fresh
August 27th, 2020, 16:33
Thank you Trenloe and Zacchaeus for helping out with this.

It’s strange, either my English as a first language skills are failing me, or new users coming to Fantasy Grounds have an inability or unwillingness to read. I’ve gone to great lengths to try to cover all the issues, yet somehow the explicit verbiage is overlooked. I realize I tend to be verbose, maybe they’re getting bored.

Lou Ciphor
August 27th, 2020, 22:33
Thank you Trenloe and Zacchaeus for helping out with this.

It’s strange, either my English as a first language skills are failing me, or new users coming to Fantasy Grounds have an inability or unwillingness to read. I’ve gone to great lengths to try to cover all the issues, yet somehow the explicit verbiage is overlooked. I realize I tend to be verbose, maybe they’re getting bored.

That's because people these days are raised to expect instant gratification with no effort, and failing that, someone will come and do it for them... But I digress... ;)

GBE300
September 8th, 2020, 01:31
…"sporadic" or "intermittent"... Aargh! the bane of all developers and users alike. I can't get it to repeat the issue you're reporting.

What other extensions are you using? (especially those that might affect the map or combat tracker, but a complete list please)
I'm stretching here... What's the level of the druid? How many players in the campaign? More than one Druid?
When the issue occurs... Has it happened more than just once? What are the positions of the other tokens? Very near the Druid? On top of or in the same space as the Druid? Sizes of the other tokens (large NPCs and PCs? small? mixed?) On multiple layers?
None of this makes sense to me as to be contributing factors, I just need more data. If it happened every time it would be easy for me to repeat and fix. But if I can't see it happen (consistently) I can't fix it. I'm sorry but I need those extenuating circumstances.

[EDIT] A few other things. How many rounds of combat? Was the Druid wild shaped over many sessions? Anything that you can think of that would be different between when the extensions misbehaves and when it act appropriately might be relevant.

Yeah I knew when I reported it, it would be an issue as it was only happening sporadically for us as well! This has since not been an issue and I think I know why. At the time I had created my own copies of the 5e mm basic creatures so that I could update them with an icon instead of the letter in a circle. These entries in the NPC records had no "accompanying module" so I could not share them with the player and they were bugging out and kicking up some errors for him, very hit or miss as well. I am guessing it had something to do with that, as when I realize/believed it was an issue with the npc records, I had him only use official records (not just copies with new icons) and he stopped having both issues. As of today I retested this trying to get the error on the basic mm records and I could not. So it is working as intended. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, I just saw your reply yesterday as I am not on these forms much and researching for a move to FGU.

As for current extensions in FGC, I am only using your druid shapes ext, Player Agency and 5e random treasure generator. (I'm expecting to only use agency and Druid Shape in FGU if possible once we move over).

Level of the single druid at the time of the issues was lvl 2 and lvl 3, in a 5 player game. It was happening more than once, was a problem with the brown or black bear form if I remember, when he would revert his green aura under is player token would remain 2x2 even though the icon was 1 square. Other token's position did not seem to matter, no one was on him and it was happening even when he was solo on a testing map, though there was the whole group in the combat tracker.

Single layer map. Combat rounds on the tracker ? I forget but was most likely less than 10-12 based on what they had done to that point following their last rest. He was in and out of giant spider and bear forms during about 4 sessions with maybe a long and a short rest. During this time my extensions did not change.

Hope this helps if you want to follow it up, but as I said it seems corrected and no longer an issue.

Thanks again for all your work. This extension is really amazing and making our game really fantastic in the ease and control the player has over himself. So we definitely owe you a few rounds if you ever find yourself downunder in Brisbane after travel bans are finished and it's safe once again. Cheers.

donpaulo
September 12th, 2020, 15:12
We just had a very interesting result where this extension really shone out so I thought I'd share.

The multiclass 5th level rogue/5th lvl fighter was killed by a vampire type creature and the party was unable to reach him in time to save the hero from death. After his 3rd failed save he died and d4 hours later came back as a shadow.

We are about to begin the final series of battles to finish out the campaign and it seemed somewhat pointless to create a new toon

So we gave him a level of druid.
I unlocked our version of shadow to change it from undead to beast
Then did the druid shape change magic that really makes this extension rock.

Voila, "Anadi" became a PC shadow !

Now he is sneaking around a tomb where many of the creatures don't consider him a threat :)

Awesomeness

Minty23185Fresh
September 12th, 2020, 15:28
@donpaulo - Thank you for sharing. I’ve seen a lot more complaints than kudos lately. It’s nice to hear something positive. I’m glad to hear that with your ingenuity and work-arounds the extension helped you and your players in your campaign. Thanks again.

Minty23185Fresh
September 12th, 2020, 15:48
@GBE300 - thank you for getting back to me. Your very thorough explanation should help me. The fact that you had problems with copied NPCs but not “standard-issue” NPCs concerns me. I don’t understand why this would be an issue. But it does give me something to work with. What immediately comes to mind is the tokens or pogs that you were using. I think the standard token size is 64x64 pixels. Maybe, if the tokens you were using were not of the proper size, were not shared, or for some other reason were not available to the player, that might cause issue. (Or maybe you accidentally used a NPC that had no token.) some experimenting on my part is in order now. Happy gaming!

[EDIT] If only one NPC had a problematic token the intermittent behavior you were seeing would most certainly be exhibited. The only time the extension would throw the errors would be when your player’s PC shape shifted into that specific NPC.

donpaulo
September 13th, 2020, 03:49
@donpaulo - Thank you for sharing. I’ve seen a lot more complaints than kudos lately. It’s nice to hear something positive. I’m glad to hear that with your ingenuity and work-arounds the extension helped you and your players in your campaign. Thanks again.

You are most welcome
yours and theogeeks crit are my 2 favorites ~!

ghen
September 18th, 2020, 12:52
Can I just remove the check to see if the PC is a druid? I want to use this extension for polymorph and warlock's sculptor of flesh. For druids it works so well.

Minty23185Fresh
September 18th, 2020, 15:26
Can I just remove the check to see if the PC is a druid?
There are no “options” for doing so. If you’re asking if you may do it programmatically - of course you can. Copyright doesn’t prevent you from doing that, solely for your own use. You just cannot repost or redistribute the modified result.

An alternative, you might try, is to add a zero level Druid. This just popped into my head so I haven’t tried it, it’s just a theory. “Multiclass” your character. Export a copy of your wizard so you have a backup of it. Don’t drop the Druid class on your character sheet - that will add all the features of the Druid to the character sheet. Instead, on the character sheet’s dialog that manages your PC’s class and level add a blank class and name it Druid. You might need to add some class levels to the Druid, which would change the overall level of your PC, so this might not be a viable solution.

Bonkon
September 19th, 2020, 07:06
Good Day ghen :)
See post #250 on page 25 to see how to do what Minty23185Fresh is suggesting. :)
(I know there is a way to link a specific post, but I do not know how to do it, sorry!) :)

ghen
September 19th, 2020, 14:31
Thank you both for the tips =) It seems like proficiency is determined by overall level, so if I manually edit Druid level 100 it adjusts proficiency linked items regardless. Druid 0 doesn't work because the extension checks druid level, even with "Circle Forms" listed on abilities.
So next it's editing the extension. Thanks again.

DWS_manager_wildshapes.lua
edit: LOL that was a failure. I'd have to actually write the code correctly.

There isn't just a few disparate checks for druid, it's all entwined. I tried just setting druid level checks to < 0, but that breaks too many other checks. I tried having it not call the validation functions, but those are what load the character stats that get edited later too.

Next I was going to start adding in a local sClass_Warlock but then I realized I was starting to actually program and quit :D

So I'd like a feature request to
1) implement polymorph full rules
2) implement sculptor of flesh check
3) add FG options to treat either polymorph or sculptor of flesh like wildshape for the stat change arithmetic as variant rules.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk

DaBeef2112
September 21st, 2020, 23:48
Sorry too lazy to read through 30 pages to see if this has been brought up before but I found a bug. According to Sage Advice a multiclass Druid / Monk or Druid / Barbarian can use the higher of monster AC or appropriate unarmed AC calculation.

For a monk it would be 10 + (monsters Dex) + (PC's Wis) . I tried this and it doesn't do this. Using a Giant Spider AC still shows as AC 14 but it should be AC 17 in my case.

Any chance this can be fixed?

Minty23185Fresh
September 23rd, 2020, 17:11
... According to Sage Advice a multiclass Druid / Monk or Druid / Barbarian can use the higher of monster AC or appropriate unarmed AC calculation.

Any chance this can be fixed?

Please attach a link to the Sage Advice post you’re talking about...

And maybe it can be added. Trying to implement every possible variation of multiclass is out of the scope of modifications I am willing to entertain. So it depends. Let me look at the S.A. column.

DaBeef2112
September 23rd, 2020, 17:16
Please attach a link to the Sage Advice post you’re talking about...

And maybe it can be added. Trying to implement every possible variation of multiclass is out of the scope of modifications I am willing to entertain. So it depends. Let me look at the S.A. column.

It can be found in the Sage Advice compendium on D&D Beyond or on the D&D official site. It's in the Character Creation section when it talks about AC. I've pasted the section below for reference and bolded the relevant text.

Character Creation
How do you calculate a creature’s Armor Class (AC)?
Chapter 1 of the Player’s Handbook describes how to determine AC, yet AC calculations generate questions frequently. That fact isn’t too surprising, given the number of ways the game gives you to change your AC! Here are some ways to calculate your base AC:

Unarmored: 10 + your Dexterity modifier.

Armored: Use the AC entry for the armor you’re wearing (see PHB, "Armor and Shields"). For example, in leather armor, you calculate your AC as 11 + your Dexterity modifier, and in chain mail, your AC is simply 16.

Unarmored Defense (Barbarian): 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier.

Unarmored Defense (Monk): 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.

Draconic Resilience (Sorcerer): 13 + your Dexterity modifier.

Natural Armor: 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your natural armor bonus. This is a calculation method typically used only by monsters and NPCs, although it is also relevant to a druid or another character who assumes a form that has natural armor.

These methods — along with any others that give you a formula for calculating your AC — are mutually exclusive; you can benefit from only one at a time. If you have access to more than one, you pick which one to use. For example, if you’re a sorcerer/monk, you can use either Unarmored Defense or Draconic Resilience, not both. Similarly, a druid/ barbarian who transforms into a beast form that has natural armor can use either the beast’s natural armor or Unarmored Defense (you aren’t considered to be wearing armor when you use natural armor).

What about a shield? A shield increases your AC by 2 while you use it. For example, if you’re unarmored and use a shield, your AC is 12 + your Dexterity modifier. Keep in mind that some AC calculations, such as a monk’s Unarmored Defense, prohibit the use of a shield.

Once you have your base AC, it can be temporarily modified by situational bonuses and penalties. For instance, having half cover gives you a +2 bonus to your AC, and three-quarters cover gives a +5 bonus. Spells sometimes modify AC as well. Shield of faith, for example, grants a target a +2 bonus to AC until the spell ends.

Magic items can also enhance your AC. Here are a few examples: +1 chain mail gives you an AC of 17, a ring of protection gives you a +1 bonus to AC no matter what you’re wearing, and bracers of defense grant you a +2 bonus to AC if you’re not wearing armor or using a shield.

Minty23185Fresh
September 23rd, 2020, 17:28
So I'd like a feature request to
1) implement polymorph full rules
2) implement sculptor of flesh check
3) add FG options to treat either polymorph or sculptor of flesh like wildshape for the stat change arithmetic as variant rules.

First. I’m not entertaining “feature requests”.
Second. I have already rejected supporting polymorph (over a year ago). Though I’m rethinking this.
Third. Adding in variant rule support is quite likely never going to happen.

Sorry about this. But DWSI is not a job. This project is in my rear view mirror now. I’ve moved on. As FG gets updated and Smiteworks’ changes the rulesets, if those changes break my extension, I’ll probably fix it, but other than that ...

ShaunB
September 27th, 2020, 22:35
Hi, I'm having a little trouble getting your extension working on the lastest FGU version. I'm dragging a stat block onto the sheet but nothing is happening. Are you aware of any incompatibilities with other extensions? I have a bunch of others installed. Any suggestions? Heres a screenshot demonstrating the issue

Minty23185Fresh
September 28th, 2020, 00:28
Hi, I'm having a little trouble getting your extension working on the lastest FGU version. I'm dragging a stat block onto the sheet but nothing is happening. Are you aware of any incompatibilities with other extensions? I have a bunch of others installed. Any suggestions? Heres a screenshot demonstrating the issue
1) are you sure you have the right version of DWSI? There is one for FG Classic and one for FG Unity. (I can’t remember, but I think the FGU version announces itself as such, the version you’re running did not.) The FGU version is posted in post #195 of this thread (as stated in post one.)

2) your marked up post implies that you dropped the cat on to the name field of the character sheet. Is that accurate? That’s exactly where you should drop the NPC. If you drop it on the portrait field of the character sheet the extension fails.

3) only load the DWSI, no other extensions, just mine. Does it work then? If so then there are incompatible extensions. Follow this link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34099-Extension-interaction-Attn-ext-users-and-ext-developers-(soliciting-comments)/page2) and read post #18 to figure out which ones are incompatible.

4) were any errors reported in the console?

ShaunB
September 28th, 2020, 06:26
Ahh yeah I had the FGC version installed. Sorry for missing that in the first post. Thanks for your reply, its working great now that I have the right version installed.

sagara626
October 20th, 2020, 23:09
Hello,

Thank you very much for building this! i was able to get it working while testing before my campaign kicked off but now even though the extension seems to load without error during load campaign the functionality does not work. for instance we have a level 2 druid with wild shape and when he or I try to drag for instance a rat or a boar from the NPC library onto his character sheet it does not alter the sheet. Maybe I am doing something wrong, the only other extension i have loaded is the death indicator extension

Minty23185Fresh
October 21st, 2020, 21:59
... the functionality does not work. for instance we have a level 2 druid with wild shape and when he or I try to drag for instance a rat or a boar from the NPC library onto his character sheet it does not alter the sheet. Maybe I am doing something wrong, the only other extension i have loaded is the death indicator extension
First: Are you using FG Classic or FG Unity? If you're using FGU, you must use the Unity version of DWSI that is posted in post #195 of this thread.

Second: Did you try running DWSI by itself, without any other extensions running? Does it work then? Or are you still having issues?

Third: Where are you, or your player, dropping the beast NPC? It must be dropped on the PC's name field, at the top of the character sheet

Fourth: Are there any warnings or errors displayed in the chat window when you, or your player, drop the beast NPC on the character sheet?

sagara626
October 27th, 2020, 21:08
Thank you for the response. I am using Unity, I will grab the Unity version you mentioned and test again right now.

I did try running just the Wild Shape extension previously and it did not work.

I/we are dropping the beast onto the name field.

I noticed an error during game launch about an XML issue with the extension. Most likely because I am running Unity.

I will test again soon and respond, thank you very much for the response.

sagara626
October 27th, 2020, 21:14
And just like that it works!

after changing to the Unity version it worked perfect, alongside the other extension I run as well.

Thank you once again for your assistance and for building this!

MatiasJDominguez
November 5th, 2020, 22:32
I am running the unity version, and the "fog of war" resets after each wildshape, so the player loss all the exploration he made. Anyone knows a solution to this?

SieferSeesSomething
December 11th, 2020, 07:17
We noticed this as well. She clicked on her token and was at least able to see line of sight again, which was most important to us, but not sure what to do about the fog of war

Kraelyn
December 31st, 2020, 06:39
This extension is an absolute game changer and a true gift for all of us! Thank you to the creator for doing such an AMAZING job and making this DM's life so much easier.

daddyogreman
January 27th, 2021, 20:07
Just want to toss out a whole hearted thanks for this extension! Got one druid in my group and I had resorted to adding the critters he turned into onto the combat tracker, modifying them and changing the faction to neutral. This is so much better! Cheers!

Minty23185Fresh
February 13th, 2021, 16:04
... the "fog of war" resets after each wildshape, ...

We noticed this as well...
If the two of you haven't given up on me, I'd like to take a look at this, I finally have a little bit of time.
But I don't know what 'Fog of War" is nor how to get it running. Please provide some information so that I might investigate.

Minty23185Fresh
February 13th, 2021, 16:18
@Users of the Druid Wild Shapes extension: if you use the extension with Line of Sight (LoS) enabled maps, please provide some feedback for me, if you would.

It seems as though LoS development has settled down and is quite stable now. Do LoS enabled maps and DWSI work well together, or do problems still exist between the two? If there are issues, details would be helpful.

(I am not an adept user of LoS, I am just coming on board. And as you might imagine testing is problematic, being the DM and the player at the same time, on the same machine, presents some challenges when viewing LoS, at least for me.)

Jiminimonka
February 13th, 2021, 18:05
@Users of the Druid Wild Shapes extension: if you use the extension with Line of Sight (LoS) enabled maps, please provide some feedback for me, if you would.

It seems as though LoS development has settled down and is quite stable now. Do LoS enabled maps and DWSI work well together, or do problems still exist between the two? If there are issues, details would be helpful.

(I am not an adept user of LoS, I am just coming on board. And as you might imagine testing is problematic, being the DM and the player at the same time, on the same machine, presents some challenges when viewing LoS, at least for me.)

I will give it a try and let you know. No druids in my campaign (amazing with 8 players there is no druid!!)

Jiminimonka
February 13th, 2021, 18:06
Announcing release of version "v0.0.12 B FGU" for use with Fantasy Grounds Unity (only).

The fix was relatively simple, a comment within an XML file had a comment embedded within it. The new parser/interpreter didn't like that.

This version has not been thoroughly tested. I am not using FGU, and won't be in the immediate future. But there as been a high demand for me to get this up and running, so here you go. It runs, it Wild Shapes and it reverts. If you find errors let me know, I'll try to fix them.

Fantasy Grounds Classic (FGC) Users: DO NOT USE THIS VERSION (continue to use v0.0.10, see post #1 of this thread).

Maybe you should put this in the first post so its easier to find.... ;)

Minty23185Fresh
February 13th, 2021, 20:29
Maybe you should put this in the first post so its easier to find.... ;)
I thought post one was succinct enough, paragraph 3 says FGC version is below, and paragraph 4 states the FGU version is in post 195. Somehow everyone misses this.

That aside, thank you for testing, the FGC version I can test, it’s the LoS, FGU version that is problematic for me to test solo.

Jiminimonka
February 13th, 2021, 20:46
Maybe just a link to the download in the first post would save people searching. Doesn't matter, I saw the link to #195 and spammed forward 20 page or so and found it.

I tried it out for about 20 minutes, LOS was fine, as was the token swapping (to and from animal shape) - I will give it a more intense try next session with my players - I will figure out a way to get them playing a druid some how...

RadiakGM
February 13th, 2021, 21:54
Hey!
I am using the extension but my druid is using a homebrew circle (circle of savagery) which lets him transform into higher CR NPC`s, just like the circle of moon does. The extension wont let me transform into anything witch a higher CR than 1/2 for the druid level 4, which should totally be fine for this circle. Is there a workaround or some sort of setting I can use?
Thanks

Minty23185Fresh
February 13th, 2021, 22:08
@Jiminimonka thank you, your efforts are heroic and appreciated. What you’ve done is beyond the call..

Minty23185Fresh
February 17th, 2021, 22:12
I have posted a new version of the Druid Wild Shapes Implementor Extension (DWSI). It is works with the new versions of Fantasy Grounds released by Smiteworks on February 16, 2021. And it, a single version of the extension, posted in post #1 of this thread, is compatible with both FGU and FGC.

RadiakGM
February 17th, 2021, 22:30
Hello,
I'm still having trouble wildshaping into creatures of CR higher than 1/2 with my druid at level 4. I am using a Homebrew Circle, but its kind of similar to the circle of moon with respect to CR limitations. Is there any setting or workaround for that problem?
Thanks!

Minty23185Fresh
February 18th, 2021, 00:14
Hey!
I am using the extension but my druid is using a homebrew circle (circle of savagery) which lets him transform into higher CR NPC`s, just like the circle of moon does. The extension wont let me transform into anything witch a higher CR than 1/2 for the druid level 4, which should totally be fine for this circle. Is there a workaround or some sort of setting I can use?
Thanks

Sorry, I didn't see this until now. No there is not a work around. I don't support anything other than WotC official rules.
(Change the name of the Circle on the the character sheet and it should work.)

Minty23185Fresh
February 18th, 2021, 23:25
A recent patch maybe? I don't know. So many versions of FG flying around...
It appears as though v0.0.14 might now be broken... I'm investigating.

[EDIT] In the immortal words of Rosanne Rosannadanna, "Never mind..".
It appears as though one hot fix broke it, but one a couple down the road fixed it.
We're good to go.

SuitedRIP
February 19th, 2021, 20:46
Thanks for all your hardwork on this excellent extension! I am currently getting an error message when attempting to Wildshape.

After troubleshooting for awhile, I have narrowed it down to another Extension causing interference. I understand that this is likely not something that can be addressed and I may need to "choose" between the two extensions. However, I hope to post this and hopefully someone has an idea or a quick fix.

The offending extension is Kent McCullough's Ongoing Save Effects. It can currently be found here:
www.dmsguild.com/product/312720/Fantasy-Grounds-Ongoing-Save-Effects

When I disable this other extension, your Wildshape extension works again.

Here is the error that appears along with no token or name change. The stats do adjust however. For this example I used a CR 1 Brown Bear.

On the attached picture of the character sheet, I have applied the token to the correct line. The error pops up and this is what the Sheet looks like after. No token change. No name change. Stats are all adjusted correctly and it lists the movement.

The Actions tab is also off:

Minty23185Fresh
February 19th, 2021, 21:05
@SuitedRIP
Make sure you have the latest update of FG (Unity or Classic, whichever is appropriate). Do an update even if you’re not warned about it.

Yesterday, I had an error similar to yours. I was just about to roll up my sleeves and go into fit it mode when I noticed there was yet another hot fix. I updated FG and low and behold I didn’t need to fix anything.

SuitedRIP
February 19th, 2021, 21:16
Hey thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I updated this morning before beginning to work on this mess of extensions that have changed since the massive FGU update this last week. Just now, I went back out and "Checked for Updates" again just to be sure. I am up to date and the error is still evident. I checked it with 2 different Druids, (one is a multiclass) and just now did it on a brand new Level 2 Druid as well.

Minty23185Fresh
February 20th, 2021, 02:39
@SuitedRIP okay, thanks for trying. I’m getting ready for a game this weekend, then I travel all of next week. But I will look at this and see what I can do.

If you don’t mind too much, here’s one more thing to try: The error I see in your screenshot is not occurring in one of my files (to the best of my recollection). Is it possible that the other extension would throw the error on its own, because it’s not compatible with the new release? Have you tried loading just the other extension without DWSI? Put it through its paces... does it throw an error all on its own?

Minty23185Fresh
February 20th, 2021, 02:54
@SuitedRIP
Just noticed the other extension is a “pay for”. I’m retired, limited budget, I’m not going to buy an extension I don’t need nor want, to fix this. McCullough and Twothy are getting paid for their work, let them earn their pay.

Minty23185Fresh
March 12th, 2021, 00:40
I recently received a PM with the following question:

I downloaded the extension and was wondering if you could help me out. I did see that you removed CR restrictions, but I have downloaded the latest version and when I want to turn my LVL 2 circle of the moon druid into a CR 1 beast, it won't let me saying it can only be transformed into a CR 1/4. Also, on LVL 10, I can't transform into elemental, and I have seen you fixed that, so I am wondering, what could be going wrong for me?

First, I don't recall removing CR restrictions, I think I have been asked to, but IIRC, I said that I would not do that.

Next, I am not experiencing any problems, I tried to Wild Shape a Circle of the Moon Druid, level 2 into a Brown Bear and had no difficulties.

There are key things that the extension looks for in determining whether to perform the Wild Shape or deny it. The simplest way to put it is, "don't mess with things that Fantasy Grounds does" as you create your character.

Examples are shown below in the screen shots. On the left is the Main page of the character sheet, plus I've the opened the Class/Level dialog and subsequently the Class dialog. Note the circled items, the Class must be "Druid" the level must be 2 or greater.

On the right hand side I've selected the Abilities page of the character sheet. Note that the "Circle of the Moon" feature must exist in the Features ability list.

Spelling, character case and any punctuation must be exact. Don't change it. Doing so will likely cause unexpected results.

mtaylor
March 15th, 2021, 19:55
I'm sorry I have tried and tried to figure this out, I am using a MAC so I don't know if that makes a difference. I downloaded the file and placed in the extension folder. I updated my fantasy grounds. I looked for it in modules and in spells and everyplace else I can think to look for it, but I have no idea how to place the extension on the druid in my game. I'm the GM and so I'm doing it from my screen, I have not tried it from the players screen, but I thought I should be able to do it as the GM. I read the troubleshooting guide and the guide on extensions. I really tried not to ask this question because I'm sure it has been answered over and over, but I just can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really think this extension will add a lot. Oh also I'm not running a lot of other extensions in fact this and bardic inspiration on the only ones I have downloaded. I haven't even looked at the bardic inspiration yet because I couldn't get this one to work. Again any advice would be appreciated

Minty23185Fresh
March 15th, 2021, 20:13
@mtaylor
You can tell if the extension is loaded by looking at the chat box just after FG starts up. Should say something like “Druid Wild Shapes Implementor v0.0.14”

The second post of this thread tells you how to use it. Just after the first screen shot it says something to the effect of “just drag the beast’s link on to the upper portion of the Druid’s character sheet”. (Drag it on top of the name of the Druid.) That’s it. That all you have to do.

mtaylor
March 15th, 2021, 23:28
I got it to work. Thank you for your help and thank you for the extension

mtaylor
March 16th, 2021, 20:39
I am still pretty new to FG but I can't imagine another extension working better than this one. My Druid in the game I GM is actually my wife and she is new to D&D so this helps her so much!! I can't recommend it high enough. Thank you so much for making it and making it available.

Minty23185Fresh
March 18th, 2021, 00:28
@mtaylor My pleasure. I’m glad you find it useful.

mtaylor
March 19th, 2021, 18:01
I have been using with LOS and did not have any issues. I do not use Fog of war so I can't say anything to that.

Minty23185Fresh
March 19th, 2021, 18:15
I have been using with LOS and did not have any issues. I do not use Fog of war so I can't say anything to that.Thank you very much for reporting this back to me. I appreciate your help.

zelannii
March 23rd, 2021, 21:24
#1, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AWESOMENESS!

a few questions:
- I believe in theory this could work but that I have not tested. Could I create "NPCs" for the Circle of Stars druid for each of his star forms? I assume I'd have to set an appropriate challenge rating, and configure the stats of the npc to exactly match the druid's stats, so basically it adds the extra abilities (usually just one). But this seems a lot of effort and adjustment every time stats change to edit the NPCs. Is there a way you could handle this simpler if we name the NPCs something specific so it only inherits the specific abilities of the start forms without changing other stats? Even more awesome would you to include those in the extension (I'm thinking separate model perhaps for NPCs, not sure what an extension can even load to a game).

- Any plans to automate tracking wild shape uses? I do this manually today just by adding a power group and creating a power "wild shape" that has X uses and resets on rest. Would be awesome if you could somehow detect shape changes and track this automatically. Ideally this is something FGU itself should natively support by expanding the "spell slots" section (or add one below for ability use tracking), but in the interim this would be awesome to include here.

- for the Starry Form Dragon I have found another useful extension (5E Starry Dragon Extension by Stv) that handles the "minimum 10 roll" rule of this form. If handling the NPC forms could you perhaps also include similar code automatically to handle this condition? FGU does not have a code able effect to do it I can ad to a PC. This extension does not seem to have any conflict with yours.

- completely unrelated to this extension: any thoughts how to create an extension such that when rolling a 21 (via a custom die that does 1-19,21) that all crit damage is full doubled instead of handling as a standard 5e crit damage, and when rolling a 1 (grit fail) it equally full doubles any damage on a following roll? resistances and immunities would still apply as normal to the new doubled damage. Then how to make al D20 rolls use this die? Preferably a simple on/off toggle in settings that replaces the default D20 with this special D20. This if I'm right may be as simple as accessing the criterial rules from other systems and changing the default D20. Thoughts?

- do you have a Patreon or other way to kick back to you for this amazing work? you deserve it.

Minty23185Fresh
March 23rd, 2021, 23:50
#1, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AWESOMENESS!
You're welcome. I'm glad you may be finding it useful.

- I believe ... Could I create "NPCs" for the Circle of Stars druid for each of his star forms? ...
Reading through the description in Tasha's, I believe you might be over-complicating this. I would simply create powers on the Actions tab of the character sheet for each Form and add the appropriate power: save, damage, check, etc.

- Any plans to automate tracking wild shape uses? ...
Nope. I handle it exactly as you do.

- for the Starry Form Dragon I have found another useful extension...
No I'm not planning to duplicate Stv's work. Since there are no conflicts, use both extensions.

- completely unrelated to this extension: any thoughts ...
Sorry, but I can't really guess as to how to effect that without a lot more dedication of thought, and I have other things to do.

- do you have a Patreon or other way to kick back to you for this ...?
No I don't. And thanks for offering. Others have offered too and I always say "Thank you but no."
Money complicates things. I have an outdated ethic that I live by, "when you accept money from someone, you've essentially bound yourself to perform a certain task in return," to deliver the goods, so to speak. I share my extensions as is, and maintain control of them as I see fit, unbeholding to anyone. If it takes me a month, a year or maybe never to get around to something, that's just the way it is.

RedPanda3946
March 25th, 2021, 09:02
I will be playing a Half Elf Circle of the Moons Druid in an upcoming Tomb of Annihilation campaign. After searching the Fantasy Grounds Forums it became apparent that the current methodology of effecting Wild Shapes was less than appealing to me. It seems as though most players take the beast's stat block and modify it to have the appropriate Druid stats. Rather than having to modify dozens of monster stat blocks in preparation for what I might want my Druid to Wild Shape into I decided an extension was needed to allow on the fly Wild Shaping. This extension rather than relying on premodified monster stat blocks allows the user to drag the link from the monster's stat block or from the NPC library on to the character sheet. It modifies the appropriate Druid's statistics to reflect those of the adopted Wild Shape. Using a context menu the user can revert back to the Druid's normal statistics. One in-play advantage of this methodology is character tokens don't have to be swapped on the map nor Wild Shape (monsters) need to be ad-hoc added and removed from the Combat Tracker.

In each of the following three screenshot panels I have captured three subwindows from Fantasy Grounds. In the left-most portion of each screenshot is the Druid's character sheet prior to using Wild Shape. The center portion of each has an example beast that the Druid is assuming the shape of. And the right-most portion of each screenshot has the resultant Druid's character sheet depicted after assuming the beast's form. (Note that some statistics in the Giant Weasel stat block have been modified for illustrative purposes, e.g. the Giant Weasel does not usually have a Dex +5 Saving Throw.)

As indicated in red drag the link from the desired beast's NPC stat block on to the upper portion of the character sheet to cause the Druid to assume the beast's statistics. The link can instead be dragged from the NPC Library if desired. (Do not drop the NPC on the portrait, this causes an error to be thrown by Fantasy Grounds!) Note the Druid's name change - the text is taken from the Non-identified NPC name field if it is present, otherwise the Name of the beast. This indicates to the player that his/her Druid is in Wild Shape form. To revert back right-click in the same area and a context menu comes up. Choose the Revert option (at the 5:00 position).

As circled in blue note the adoption of the beast's Armor Class (AC).

The Hit Points (HP) have been circled in green. The extension places the Beast's hit points in the TMP HP portion of the Druid's character sheet. This provides for an auto-revert capability. When the TMP HP go to zero the extension will automatically revert your Wild Shaped Druid. Any TMP HP that the Druid might have prior to Wild Shaping (in this example, 3) are not lost, they are just held in reserve and restored upon revert.
(I learned this cute trick, of using the TMP HP, on the forums, I can't find it right now, but I plan to properly credit it when I come across it again.)

The Beast's Speed, circled in tan, is added, verbatim, to the Special Move field on the Druid's character sheet. (If the beast had a fly, swim, etc., move they would be shown here.) The Speed field on the character sheet has been reduced to zero using a negative speed bonus adjustment - another indicator that the Druid is currently Wild Shaped.

The ability scores, circled in dark red are appropriately rolled over from the monster's stat block to the character sheet. Per the Wild Shape description in the Player's Handbook (PHB), the Druid adopts the strength, dexterity and constitution abilities, but retains it own intelligence, wisdom and charisma ability scores. The ability bonuses are recalculated and display appropriately, affecting the Ability Checks and Saving Throws. Proficiencies are also handled per the Wild Shapes' specification in the PHB. (I'll discuss these in more detail below, related to the Skills.) Note the Saving Throw Values for strength (unchanged), dexterity (now +5) and constitution (highly reduced).

Any Senses other than "passive Perception" are placed in the Special Senses field (circled in orange). The passive Perception field on the Wild Shaped character sheet appears as though it is in error because it does not match the value stated in the Giant Weasel's stat block, but it is actually correct. This will become apparent with the discussion of proficiencies below.

Circled in purple are two characteristics that are not specifically depicted on the character sheet, the Beast's size which is reflected on the Notes tab of the character sheet and Languages, shown on the Abilities tab.

Circled in red on this screen shot are the Beast's Traits and Actions. Both are added to a special "Actions - Wild Shape" Power Group on the character sheet's Actions Tab. I purposely did this because some Traits have parsable actions within their description and it is handy to have all the ad-hoc NPC abilities in one place, rather than having to remember to flip back and forth between the Abilities and Actions tabs for NPC characteristics that I might not remember exist. When the Wild Shaped Druid reverts the powers are removed from the group but an empty "Actions - Wild Shape" Group remains in place.

In the next post to this thread I'll cover Skills.

Hey so far I have tried and tried to make this extension work but cannot seem to get it to work at all any advice? Thanks

zelannii
March 25th, 2021, 12:38
Hey so far I have tried and tried to make this extension work but cannot seem to get it to work at all any advice? Thanks
So, you put the downloaded extension in toys Fantasy Grounds extension folder, then launched FG, then before loading a campaign chose to include the extension from the right side, then when you loaded the campaign you saw "Druid Wild Shapes Implementor Extension (v0.0.14)" appear in the chat window? If not, you don't have it loaded at all yet and that's why it's not working because if you do what the instructions say after it's loaded it works beautifully. If you're seeing it load but it's not working also check and remove other extensions you might be using until you find one that could be conflicting.

RedPanda3946
March 25th, 2021, 12:41
Yeah I have it all downloaded and installed correctly selected before I launch the game on the bottom right selector and it says it’s ready in the chat bar when I load up but it just doesn’t wanna work 😅

zelannii
March 25th, 2021, 12:47
Thanks and I completely understand your position. I don't think it's outdated either. I think my position of insisting people be compensated may be more outdated. I'll have to compensate you with thanks alone.
I have been using a "wild shapes" ability to track uses manually and did already create all the starry shapes abilities I could (and found Stv's extension for the one that could not use native features. This works.
Honestly the more I dig into it, I realized creating NPCs to use for these forms would not work with your existing module as they do not gain temp/alt hit points. We'd need changes not only to handle not changing the core stats on form change but also to add current HP to temp, then on reversion from temp replace current HP with temp HP (and render unconscious as needed). way more work than it's worth. I can look to others who have created pre-generated characters that contain all the abilities pre-created to drag-drop to characters to make this easier for others. that was always my aim, not to make my life easier but to help other DMs handle dries simpler.
Thanks again!

zelannii
March 25th, 2021, 12:51
Yeah I have it all downloaded and installed correctly selected before I launch the game on the bottom right selector and it says it’s ready in the chat bar when I load up but it just doesn’t wanna work ��

what other extensions are also loaded? have you tried removing them one by one reloading until only the druid implementer remains to confirm there are no conflicts?

what npc are you dragging to what level of a druid and what druid circle are they?
You're running as the GM, right?

RedPanda3946
March 25th, 2021, 18:35
what other extensions are also loaded? have you tried removing them one by one reloading until only the druid implementer remains to confirm there are no conflicts?

what npc are you dragging to what level of a druid and what druid circle are they?
You're running as the GM, right?

Hey I’ll try removing extensions but atm I have advanced spell effects, coin flip, and spell automation, I am the GM yeah and lvl 5 circle of moons Druid with a brown bear

Minty23185Fresh
March 25th, 2021, 19:59
Hey I’ll try removing extensions but atm I have advanced spell effects, coin flip, and spell automation, I am the GM yeah and lvl 5 circle of moons Druid with a brown bear

To help get this resolved.
1) use only my extension, no others.
2) attach a screen shot of Fantasy Ground's chat box
3) what exactly are you dragging on to the character sheet and where exactly are you dropping it?

RedPanda3946
March 25th, 2021, 20:01
Yeah I’ll take all others off and I’m dragging the top left brown icon on the NPCs over to the top of the character sheet, like stated in the instructions but I’ll try taking the others off and see how I get on if not I’ll come back and posts screenshots

Minty23185Fresh
March 25th, 2021, 20:11
Yeah I’ll take all others off and I’m dragging the top left brown icon on the NPCs over to the top of the character sheet, like stated in the instructions but I’ll try taking the others off and see how I get on if not I’ll come back and posts screenshots

Drop it on the character’s Name (field).

Minty23185Fresh
March 26th, 2021, 16:31

Any luck RedPanda? Did you get it to work?

The Decepticon
March 27th, 2021, 03:28
Thank you so much for this extension. It seems everyone in my campaigns wants to run a Circle of the Moon Druid and it was a pain in the booty. This extension has saved me a ton of work. THANK YOU!

Gozer the Gozerian
May 26th, 2021, 05:20
Has something changed with the way that groups are shared? My player says that he cannot see the DWS group. He has been able to see it before. I made sure this session to pull his portrait down onto the group to try to share it with him, but he says that he was still not able to see it.

Minty23185Fresh
May 26th, 2021, 05:40
Has something changed with the way that groups are shared? ...
Wow! I can’t believe someone actually uses that functionality. I thought it was a bust.

The answer to your question is, no, not from my perspective. But Smiteworks might have changed something in the ruleset code that has caused my extension to fail now. I’m traveling for the next month, but I will try to get a look at it when I have the time.

If you use the latest version of my FFAL extension, there is some common code between FFAL and DWSI that might cause DWSI to not work properly.

TheShadowLord
May 30th, 2021, 00:12
Thanks for the update, it makes GMing druids easy

FFViper
August 6th, 2021, 02:27
I don't normally post but I must say, excellent add on for druids. I'm running it for my players and it working solid! Keep up the excellent work!

Niwi
September 17th, 2021, 06:13
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but how do you end the wild shape effect manually? I.e. without waiting for the loss of temp HP to trigger the change back.

Jiminimonka
September 17th, 2021, 07:44
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but how do you end the wild shape effect manually? I.e. without waiting for the loss of temp HP to trigger the change back.

Reas the first 3 or 4 posts.

Minty23185Fresh
September 17th, 2021, 07:45
Post #2, end of third paragraph.

Niwi
September 25th, 2021, 02:30
We came across what seems to be an odd bug last night. When I (DM) wild shaped the druid - the AC value was being calculated differently when he opened his character sheet versus when I opened it. He was morphed into a Dire wolf and when he opened his sheet it came up AC14 and when I opened his sheet it came up AC13. Also in the combat tracker it was using AC13 for him when checking hit values. Even more odd, if I had his character sheet open when I morphed him into a wolf - his AC would briefly show as the correct 14 and then immediately drop to 13 on my screen.

Any ideas what's happening here?

Only other extensions are Kitn Kaboodle and Better Combat Effects. FGU latest version.

Minty23185Fresh
October 3rd, 2021, 17:01
We came across what seems to be an odd bug last night. When I (DM) wild shaped the druid - the AC value was being calculated differently when he opened his character sheet versus when I opened it. He was morphed into a Dire wolf and when he opened his sheet it came up AC14 and when I opened his sheet it came up AC13. Also in the combat tracker it was using AC13 for him when checking hit values. Even more odd, if I had his character sheet open when I morphed him into a wolf - his AC would briefly show as the correct 14 and then immediately drop to 13 on my screen.

Any ideas what's happening here?

Only other extensions are Kitn Kaboodle and Better Combat Effects. FGU latest version.

[EDIT 03/17/2022] This has been resolved (see explanation below, this post)
[EDIT 04/02/2022] This has not been resolved! See post #366

Very astute Niwi! I have no idea how long this has been happening.

Some initial tests:
1) if the player Wild Shapes their Druid, the player's AC stat is incorrect and the DM's stat is shown correctly. Further, Fantasy Grounds resolves an attack roll correctly.
2) if the DM Wild Shapes the player's Druid the player's AC stat is shown correctly but the DM's stat is incorrect. And Fantasy Grounds does not resolve attacks against the Druid correctly.

Fantasy Grounds is using the AC of the DM's copy of the character sheet to resolve the attacks against the Wild Shaped Druid.

So, if the player Wild Shapes their Druid, even though the AC stat is wrong in their copy of the character sheet, Fantasy Grounds correctly resolves attack rolls against the Wild Shaped Druid.

Restated: The player should Wild Shape their Druid and things will be okay, though their character sheet is wrong.

I am extremely busy with non D&D issues until the end of October. I'll try to get this fixed before then if I can squeeze in some time now and again to work on it.

Note that I did not test player on player attacks, (e.g. collateral damage from a spell).

[EDIT] Feb 17, 2022
This appears to have resolved itself, on its own. Today, when I started looking into it, I could no longer reproduce the error. I suspect changes were made to OOB messaging (in the system builtin functionality) at some time in the past which caused the error. And then that functionality was again modified more recently to my favor. Should the odd behavior reported by Niwi be observed again please let me know. Hopefully I will be able to address issues in a more timely manner in the future.

TwigOfSpite
October 26th, 2021, 08:33
Excellent extension! I'm currently creating (and testing the extension) with a druid that is unable to control his wild shape form. I worked with the DM and came up with a D20 table for my known forms. I was excited to be able to use the extension to make wild shaping easier when I'm rolling.

I do have one question though. The DM has random hitpoints set up for encounters for enemies. We thought the extension might randomly roll the temp hit points for the wild shape, but it seems to be using the default average health. Is this a bug, or working as intended? If it's working as should, is there any plans to add the ability to randomize the temp HP for the wild shape form?

Minty23185Fresh
October 26th, 2021, 14:36
I do have one question though. The DM has random hitpoints set up for encounters for enemies. We thought the extension might randomly roll the temp hit points for the wild shape, but it seems to be using the default average health. Is this a bug, or working as intended? If it's working as should, is there any plans to add the ability to randomize the temp HP for the wild shape form?

I’m away from my PC, I believe this has been implemented. Take a look at the Fantasy Grounds Options panel (little gear upper right). I seem to recall a DWS specific option to set this.

[EDIT] Yep. It’s there. See post 84 of this thread.

Minty23185Fresh
February 19th, 2022, 15:42
Druid Wild Shapes Implementor (DWSI) has been added to the Forge (here (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/510/view)) for FGU users. There were no changes or updates to DWSI, just a Forge listing.

BobLobLaw
March 7th, 2022, 19:56
This is an excellent extension. Thank you
It took me a while, so I´ll just leave it here for anyone wondering: If you change the class name to Druid and add "Circle Forms" in the character sheet features the extension will calculate the correct CRfor the Circle of the Moon druid, which is really nice. (I have the classes translated in FGU).

Minty23185Fresh
April 2nd, 2022, 16:43
We came across what seems to be an odd bug last night. When I (DM) wild shaped the druid - the AC value was being calculated differently when he opened his character sheet versus when I opened it. He was morphed into a Dire wolf and when he opened his sheet it came up AC14 and when I opened his sheet it came up AC13. Also in the combat tracker it was using AC13 for him when checking hit values. Even more odd, if I had his character sheet open when I morphed him into a wolf - his AC would briefly show as the correct 14 and then immediately drop to 13 on my screen....
I have observed this bug again, in the last couple days. I was getting ready to release a new version of DWSI and tripped over the bug. It appears to be FGU specific, I have not been able to repeat it on FGC.

This bug is presenting me with some real difficulties in remedying it.

@Niwi
Are you still using FGU? Are you still using DWSI?
Are you still observing the bug?
From the description (above) in your original post, it appears as though it occurred in live play, not just in personal testing, say with multiple instances of FG on one PC, using "localhost". Is this correct, it was observed in live game play?

Is anyone else seeing this issue? (I'm concerned that it might be a "localhost" or Cashe collision..)

Minty23185Fresh
April 4th, 2022, 15:32
Release Notes (version 0.1.0, released April 03, 2022)

1) Updated the internal DragData object
2) Added an option that removes all internal Wild Shape restriction enforcement
3) Extension file name will remain the same from release to release

Details
(The details below are mostly for my edification, mostly. But are available here, in case you care.)

First: The Druid Wild Shapes Implementor (DWSI), this extension, and the Local Dice Tower Extension (LDTE), another of my extensions, both use an internal instantiable DragData object. The DragData object in LDTE had been updated but it had not been updated in DWSI. Because of "loadorder", if a user tried to use both DWSI and LDTE, the newer version of the DragData object in LDTE was overwritten by the older version in DWSI. This caused LDTE to become non functional. DWSI and LDTE both use the same version of my DragData object now.

Second: The Druid Wild Shapes Implementor extension had internal enforcement of Wild Shaping restrictions, e.g. it enforced the rule that only Druids could Wild Shape, and the only forms the Druid could take were specified CR ratings of Beast type NPCs, etc., etc. Years ago, some users asked for me to relax those restrictions. At the time I had declined to do so. There is now an option in the Fantasy Grounds Options Manager that relaxes all restrictions, one can now Wild Shape any PC into any NPC they wish. (The Options Manager is the "little gear" button in the upper right corner area of the FG desktop.)

Third: A user, MrDDT, of my Local Dice Tower Extension (LDTE) brought it to my attention that because I tag my extensions with version numbers in their names, when the Forge updates one of my extensions the user has to reselect the extension in the FG launcher (see the details of the second note in post #103 of the LDTE thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48160-Local-Dice-Tower-Extension-(LDTE)/page11), if you care).

Additional Notes (future work, in progress)
1) Initial stages of support for Polymorph are in progress. Years ago, users suggested this also, and I declined to support it; I have changed my mind for this too. If there are other "shapechanging" options out there that I'm not aware of please let me know, I'll see what I can do.

2) I am working on the bug reported by Niwi (see posts #360 and #361 of this thread). Investigations are pointing at the FGU engine or ruleset, but I am still uncertain if this is true. For instance, the bug only appears in FGU, FGC works fine. And the problem seems to remedy itself if one shuts down FG while a PC is Wild Shaped. When one starts the campaign up again, the issue is in most cases gone. Before I take my claim to Smiteworks I have to have more concrete evidence.

Minty23185Fresh
April 12th, 2022, 15:53
Minty's Notes w.r.t. Development Issues - "Noting to see here, move along!"

I need someplace to log this stuff for future reference. There are notes in the code too, but forum links should be saved.

As mentioned in the prior post, the issue that Niwi found is causing me a great deal of grief. I now believe it to be screen refresh timing for the form field.

I had issues with timing before, earlier in DWSI's life cycle (see posts #69 and #84 of this thread). Unfortunately they're back!

I posted a plea for help (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?73367-Can-Asynchronous-Timing-Issues-be-Mitigated) yesterday in the forums. In it I discuss discoveries and some of my attempts to rectify this problem.

sadboys1998
April 21st, 2022, 20:37
Forge link saying unavailable, is the extension under maintenance or something?

Minty23185Fresh
April 21st, 2022, 20:40
Yes it is. Hopefully it will be approved by Smiteworks later today?

charmov
April 21st, 2022, 21:00
Release Notes (version 0.1.0, released April 03, 2022)
Additional Notes (future work, in progress)
1) Initial stages of support for Polymorph are in progress. Years ago, users suggested this also, and I declined to support it; I have changed my mind for this too. If there are other "shapechanging" options out there that I'm not aware of please let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Hi minty! It's super rad you added your extensions to the forge. Here are some other features that you may want to consider adding, all from 5e:

-true polymorph (9th level spell)
-shapechange (9th level spell)
-animal shapes (8thv level spell)

They're pretty high level. Hopefully you get to use them someday!

ZoranDob
April 23rd, 2022, 01:45
This is an incredible extension. Will you be adding support for NPC sheets such as vampires etc. Thanks.

Minty23185Fresh
April 23rd, 2022, 02:17
This is an incredible extension. Will you be adding support for NPC sheets such as vampires etc. Thanks.
I’m not quite sure what “support” means in that context…

Version 0.1.0 relaxed all wild shaping restrictions, so one can now wild shape, say a barbarian into a vampire.

(The stats are changed per the rules of Druid Wild Shape. Meaning for instance the wild shaped PC still maintains the original PC’s Int, Wis and Cha ability scores.)

ZoranDob
April 23rd, 2022, 06:41
What I am referring to is a vampire NPC sheet that changes into a bat. The NPC sheet would change to reflect this.

Minty23185Fresh
April 23rd, 2022, 12:54
What I am referring to is a vampire NPC sheet that changes into a bat. The NPC sheet would change to reflect this.
Ah. Okay now I see where you’re going.

Looking, specifically, at the vampire, it’s a relatively uninteresting shape change. (No offense is intended here :) .) Only it’s size and speed (and token I suppose) change. If the DM wants something like this, where the NPC can shape change into one or two other forms, e.g. a bat or mist for a vampire, it seems like it’s a “prep” thing.

But, others, like the Diva are much more complicated. And certainly worth a look. I hadn’t thought about supporting NPC shape change, mainly considering it to be a DM prep thing. But for an NPC like the Diva, and I’m sure there are others, where there are lots of statistic changes, and shape choices, then it seems like something I should pursue.

Thanks ZoranDob for suggesting it.

Minty23185Fresh
April 23rd, 2022, 13:04
Hi minty! It's super rad you added your extensions to the forge. Here are some other features that you may want to consider adding, all from 5e:

-true polymorph (9th level spell)
-shapechange (9th level spell)
-animal shapes (8thv level spell)

They're pretty high level. Hopefully you get to use them someday!

Thank you.
This is the sort of suggestion I was hoping to get. Supporting things that are simple extensions of functionality that DWSI has in place.

LunaLunatic1337
April 23rd, 2022, 14:47
Where is the download link???

Minty23185Fresh
April 23rd, 2022, 18:54
Where is the download link???
Post #1 of this thread.
(Only through the Forge.)

dimonic
May 25th, 2022, 01:13
The forge seems to no longer have the extension which is a pity because I was using it, and I wiped my computer and I can't get it back. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/623/view

Minty23185Fresh
May 26th, 2022, 03:33
The forge seems to no longer have the extension which is a pity because I was using it, and I wiped my computer and I can't get it back. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/623/view

Uuhhh.. No. It's there. And that's the proper Forge page. It should download and show up in FG as version 0.1.2

Minty23185Fresh
May 31st, 2022, 20:46
I will be releasing a new version of the Druid Wild Shapes Implementor extension (DWSI) in the next couple days. I have submitted it to the Forge. As soon as it’s approved I’ll post it.

Finally I have a fix for the issue originally reported by Niwi, see posts #360-368, where DWSI was displaying an incorrect AC value in the player’s instance of Fantasy Grounds.

After much work, I can only believe that the problem is a result of timing issues. As the extension changes the Druid’s stats to those of the Wild Shape beast, many fields have to be manipulated. Some of the fields are composites, calculated, using various other fields. For the Armor Class, AC, there are about 1/2 dozen contributing fields (armor, shield, dexterity modifier, etc.) as those field values are manipulated, the user interface is asynchronously updated, meaning, for example, DWSI might change the armor value, followed by the shield value, followed by the dexterity value, … However because of asynchronicity, the change of the dex, might be reflected in the user interface before the others. It’s an uncontrolled situation that in this case can cause the final displayed value to be incorrect.

What this version does is, after all of the stats have been modified, and the extension’s Wild Shape routines are about to end, the “most important” stat, in this case the ability scores, are “tickled”. They're bumped up by 2 points, then decremented by 2 points. (The number 2 was chosen to ensure the ability bonus was affected.) Changes to the ability scores in this manner trickles down to many of the other affected stats, like AC and the Skills, refreshing each of their displayed values. For the user, the “tickling” of the ability scores, and their display, occurs so quickly, that they should be unnoticeable. Unless the display is wrong, as Niwi reported. In that case the correction of the user interface is observable as a cycling from the wrong value to the correct value.

A note to myself: while chasing down an effective, though somewhat unpalatable, fix for this problem, I noticed, just once or twice, a similar, incorrectly displayed value for the Perception Skill. The methodology developed to fix the AC, should also fix the Perception problem as well.

Niwi
May 31st, 2022, 21:07
Awesome work - thanks man!

Zacchaeus
June 28th, 2022, 18:18
Just a heads up Minty; if you don't know already, but this extension fails badly in the current TEST build.

Minty23185Fresh
June 29th, 2022, 17:11
Aargh!
Thanks Zacchaeus.
I usually don’t chase the “test” versions any more.

I did a few times, and it was fruitless. I’d modify my extensions to meet test, then test would change, modify extensions, rinse and repeat…

One time, after the test went live, I had to revert all the way back to the extension version of the prior live release. i.e. no modification of my extension was needed between the live versions.

Again, thanks though.

amanwing
July 11th, 2022, 12:41
Is it possible to use this extention for AD&D 2E?

Minty23185Fresh
July 11th, 2022, 21:26
Is it possible to use this extention for AD&D 2E?
I would bet not. This extension manipulates specifically named fields in the DB (DB.xml file). Unless the fields necessary to effect Wild Shape both exist and are named the same in 2E as those in 5E, the extension won’t function properly. At best, it might function halfway, at worst it could wreck your PC and or crash FG. If you decide to give it a go, be sure to back up your PC.

mhossom
July 13th, 2022, 02:07
You have probably already found out form other channels. But, the latest FGU update broke your extension.

Nyarlathtp63
July 16th, 2022, 16:51
I also am having an error now. It worked for me once but now it keeps giving me this error. 53558 I have no other extensions enabled. I did have move dice enabled but disabled it to check to see if it was interfering.

mharmonv2x0
July 17th, 2022, 00:49
I also am having an error now. It worked for me once but now it keeps giving me this error. 53558 I have no other extensions enabled. I did have move dice enabled but disabled it to check to see if it was interfering.

I just want to confirm that I had the same error posted in that screenshot.

Blackwolfe
July 17th, 2022, 22:31
[7/17/2022 2:29:24 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "DWS/campaign/scripts/DWS_manager_wildshapes..."]:383: attempt to call field 'resolveRefNode' (a nil value)

mhossom
July 17th, 2022, 22:36
The creator has submitted a potential fix to Smiteworks. I'm not sure what the process is after that. It should be squared away soon.

Zacchaeus
July 17th, 2022, 22:37
Minty is moving house at the moment so his attention is understandably elsewhere.

Minty23185Fresh
July 17th, 2022, 23:05
Thank you everyone. I am aware of the problem. And I think it has been fixed.

I submitted the build to the Forge yesterday for approval. As soon as that happens I’ll release it.

Minty23185Fresh
July 17th, 2022, 23:08
Minty is moving house at the moment so his attention is understandably elsewhere.
Thank you Zacchaeus, I had a couple hours of free time and addressed this, I think.

Back at the grind now, but keeping an eye out to “clean up” this, a different mess.

Minty23185Fresh
July 18th, 2022, 06:27
New version, v0.1.4, of Druid Wild Shapes Implementor has been posted to the Forge.

Wyvernspirit
July 22nd, 2022, 01:00
New version, v0.1.4 nor working for me, getting errors

Minty23185Fresh
July 22nd, 2022, 01:26
Oh.

Wyvernspirit
July 22nd, 2022, 03:36
Oh.

Looks like we may not actually be using the latest, the DM is having trouble updating he thinks. So I will report back when that is figured out.

Minty23185Fresh
July 22nd, 2022, 03:54
Looks like we may not actually be using the latest, the DM is having trouble updating he thinks. So I will report back when that is figured out.
When loading the campaign, make sure v0.1.4 is the version your DM chooses in the FG launcher.
And after loading the campaign, make sure v0.1.4 shows up as the version loaded in the chat window of Fantasy Grounds’ tabletop.

Blackwolfe
July 22nd, 2022, 04:03
just a FYI,. it's working for our game. Thanks Minty

Nyarlathtp63
July 23rd, 2022, 20:52
It is working now for me. Thank you so much Minty!! I love this extension!!!!

amanwing
July 25th, 2022, 20:19
Is there a way to use this for AD&D 2e?

Minty23185Fresh
July 28th, 2022, 01:25
Is there a way to use this for AD&D 2e?
No not really. I don't have plans on supporting 2E either. I have far too many irons in the fire right now and (re) learning the 2E rules as well as familiarizing myself with the 2E ruleset just is not on my radar.

NotAGod
July 29th, 2022, 11:02
This is goddamn great. I'm about to run a campaign with a moon druid and this is going to be so much better. Great work, man.

mharmonv2x0
August 6th, 2022, 22:50
Last couple of campaigns the DM has been getting this error every time I get hit while wildshaped. I can confirm that my temp hitpoints are being reduced as expected, and the error is only on his side (nothing similar in my console).

Also, when I wildshape, my token does not change to the correct size. Everything else appears to change as expected.

So, not game-breaking on anything, but curious all the same.

Zacchaeus
August 7th, 2022, 08:57
I just tested and can confirm the above problem.

Silian
August 9th, 2022, 03:48
I can confirm the same as mharmonv2x0 and Zacchaeus, same error, and no size change. I turned off every extension (including themes) and it is still there.

Zergburger
August 12th, 2022, 03:56
yeah i am getting an eorror as well, I am subscribed on the forge so i have the most recent version, hope this gets resolved soon, i love this addon

orderofthenight
August 14th, 2022, 04:40
For story reasons, my player's druid can shape into dinosaurs and elementals and eventually monstrosities.
I get a note when trying to do this that "Only NPCs with CR 2 or less allowed for level 8 characters" or "Wild Shapes not allowed for monstrosity NPC types."

Is there a way to lift these restrictions?

Zacchaeus
August 14th, 2022, 08:38
You probably want a Circle of the Moon druid for that kind of thing. It lifts some of the restrictions you can transform into.

kreppulun
August 15th, 2022, 17:55
I can confirm the same as mharmonv2x0, Silian, and Zacchaeus, same error, and no size change. I am also getting the prompt below as well. I am running the extension Constitutional Amendments which displays Current HP instead of Wounds, thinking this was the issue, but saw others are having trouble without it. Damage is applying correctly though.

[WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (wounds) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (hptemp) in windowclass (ct_entry)
[WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (wounds) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (hptotal) in windowclass (ct_entry)
[ERROR] Handler error: [string "DWS/scripts/DWS_manager_action_damage.lue"]:55: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)

rocketvaultgames
August 25th, 2022, 20:27
Everything seems to be working for me except for size changing... I get this in the chatbox:

s'Space data missing from target - setting to 5. Range results may be inaccurate.'

Trying to turn into a giant spider. Large size looks like it is entered correctly in the NPC statblock.

DM can still manually change size/reach.

Thakeria Jamison
September 1st, 2022, 02:16
I am having an issue where loading this module seems to break the Mad Nomads Big Drop Down List extension (MNM BDDLe).

There is not an error in the console log, however, the functionality of the MNM BBDLe is no longer functioning if the two extension are loaded together.

I posted this issue on MNM's discord channel while also posting here.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this issue.

The current workaround is not to load the Druid module which is disappointing as it looks to be quite nice.

Regards

rocketvaultgames
September 2nd, 2022, 03:59
I'm also getting this error... it doesn't seem to cause any actual problem except making the console pop up annoyingly. It would be great if it could be minimized and maybe just flash/pulse on error but not open and require closing.

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "DWS/scripts/DWS_manager_action_damage.lue"]:55: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)

Thakeria Jamison
September 2nd, 2022, 16:46
Agreed, it doesn't cause any real problem other than the loss of the expanded drop down list of which I have become quite fond of having in place.

Zergburger
September 3rd, 2022, 21:26
still running into the issue:

[9/3/2022 1:24:11 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "DWS/campaign/scripts/DWS_manager_wildshapes..."]:371: attempt to call field 'resolveRefNode' (a nil value)

EDIT: (FIX FOUND)

Removed the .ext file from FGU and disabled it in the forge, patched FGU, then reenabled in the forge, closed FGU and reopened and repatched. extension now works.

Thakeria Jamison
September 4th, 2022, 15:38
Is that the process each user needs to perform or do end-users just need to run an update to pull the fix and be able to work with both extensions installed?

Regards

Zacchaeus
September 4th, 2022, 16:51
You should only have one copy of the extension if you are using the forge. AFAIK this one should not appear in the extension folder so if it does then delete it from there and the one from the forge will then be used. If you have the extension twice (one in the extension folder and one in the vault) then it will conflict.

Thakeria Jamison
September 4th, 2022, 18:46
Okay, I went through the process listed and I still have the issue that was originally mentioned with the Mad Nomads Big Drop Down List extension (MNM BDDLe).

This is the process I followed:

1. Closed FGU
2. Went to the FORGE and disabled Druid Wild Shapes Implementor Extension (DWSI)
3. Opened FGU
4. Performed a Check for Updates
5. Went to Load Campaign, selected desired campaign, confirmed extension was not listed nor enabled
6. Loaded campaign, confirmed there was no issue with the MNM BDDLe
7. Closed the session and closed FGU
8. Went to the FORGE and re-enabled the extension
9. Opened FGU and performed a Check for Updates
10. Went to Load Campaign and selected desired campaign
11. Checked for and enable the DWSI extension
12. Loaded the campaign.

After that I still had the same issue with the MNM BDDLe. exited the campaign unloaded the DWSI extension and restarted the campaign and the issue was no longer affecting the MNM BDDLe. As long as the DWSI extension is not loaded the MNM BDDLe works fine.

Zacchaeus
September 4th, 2022, 19:21
I don't think the advice above was a fix for a problem with another extension. If the two extensions aren't compatible you'll need to disable one of them.

Thakeria Jamison
September 5th, 2022, 07:53
I don't think the advice above was a fix for a problem with another extension. If the two extensions aren't compatible you'll need to disable one of them.

Aye, that seems to be the case so far until an actual resolution is found.

Regards

Blackwolfe
September 5th, 2022, 17:03
Just chipping in here. Seeing the same thing. If Druid wildshapes running, then no Mad Nomad Bigger Drop Downs.

Ratoncillo
September 6th, 2022, 05:08
Last couple of campaigns the DM has been getting this error every time I get hit while wildshaped. I can confirm that my temp hitpoints are being reduced as expected, and the error is only on his side (nothing similar in my console).

Also, when I wildshape, my token does not change to the correct size. Everything else appears to change as expected.

So, not game-breaking on anything, but curious all the same.

Same error here.

Blackwolfe
September 7th, 2022, 19:59
phooey. Same error here. Token wrong size. And DM gets error message when Wildshape takes damage
[9/7/2022 11:58:36 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "DWS/scripts/DWS_manager_action_damage.lua"]:55: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)

Tatershal
October 13th, 2022, 21:18
Before the token changed to the size of the creature, not now, it's always medium. Is the extension having problems?

Tatershal
October 17th, 2022, 00:41
Before the token changed to the size of the creature, not now, it's always medium. Is the extension having problems?

No one answered me, should I support that I made a stupid comment?

Moon Wizard
October 17th, 2022, 00:56
You can try reaching out to the original extension developer via private message from the first post to see what they say.

Regards,
JPG

Tatershal
October 17th, 2022, 01:10
You can try reaching out to the original extension developer via private message from the first post to see what they say.

Regards,
JPG

Can you answer me why this kind of functionality doesn't integrate the program's code base?

Lou Ciphor
October 17th, 2022, 03:45
Wow. Welcome to the world of instant gratification.
Moon Wizard is not the author. Minty is. Contact Minty to report any possible bugs. His information and instructions on how to report bugs and known bugs/issues are in the first couple of posts.

Tatershal
October 17th, 2022, 03:49
Wow. Welcome to the world of instant gratification.
Moon Wizard is not the author. Minty is. Contact Minty to report any possible bugs. His information and instructions on how to report bugs and known bugs/issues are in the first couple of posts.

Are you sure he's not the author? if you don't speak I didn't know! My first question was for the author, but the second was for the moon mage, who is from smite works

Lou Ciphor
October 17th, 2022, 03:52
Are you sure he's not the author?

Read the first post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46890-Druid-Wild-Shapes-(for-5E)&p=417330&viewfull=1#post417330).
All the info I mentioned starts on that post, and the next few after that.

Zacchaeus
October 17th, 2022, 15:22
Can you answer me why this kind of functionality doesn't integrate the program's code base?

It isn't part of the ruleset because the developers haven't added it as yet. Presumably because they have a list of things they want to do and the order in which they want to do it, and this hasn't bubbled up to the top of that list yet.

Tatershal
October 27th, 2022, 00:51
This extension automates the Druid's Wild Shape Feature: substituting a selected beast's stats for that of the Druid while the Druid is "Wild Shaped".

STOP!! ## Before downloading and trying to use this extension
READ, UNDERSTAND and be willing to COMPLY with the instructions and limitations
stated in posts #2 through #5 of this thread. ## STOP!!

The new version of this extension is v0.1.4, dated July 17, 2022.

FGU users can subscribe to receive automated updates of this extension in the Forge (here (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/623/view)).

This extension is not available for FGC.

If you have problems, issues, comments or requests please let me know.

rocketvaultgames
October 27th, 2022, 00:55
This might not be a solution for you, but I just abandoned "Druid Wild Shapes (For 5E)" and started using the Polymorphism extension for Wild Shape (I was already using it for Polymorph anyway).

It seems to be better in virtually every way, but did require a little setup.

Blackwolfe
October 27th, 2022, 15:55
Polymorphism extension for Wild Shape: It seems to be better in virtually every way, but did require a little setup.

Could you elaborate just a bit on that set up?

rocketvaultgames
October 27th, 2022, 16:17
Nothing complicated... Just have to load all of the wild shape options on a per-PC basis on their Actions tab (drag and drop from NPCs database), and show the players how to use it.

Things to note:

Instead of using temp HP to track HP for the wild shape, this replaces the PC with another entity with its own HP and potential for temp HP.
When you wild shape, your normal character sheet is replaced with the new one (you don't just get a modified sheet with new actions). You can double click your icon next to the ACTIVE button to view both at the same time. (this wasn't obvious to my players, but there is a tooltip if you hover over it)

Because the wild shape is considered a different entity, fog of war for previously seen areas is lost upon changing form. (biggest downside)

If you use Equipped Effects, it will disable effects of magic items and such when you wild shape. This is usually correct (RAW), but sometimes you might want/need to toggle an effect back on in the beast form.

Often Druids have the Polymorph spell anyway, so Polymorphism is a great way to consolidate 2 similar things.

A video from the author explaining how it all works: https://youtu.be/RMeERlioZ0g

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2022, 16:19
Could you elaborate just a bit on that set up?

I actually disagree with them. The polymorphism extension changes the character sheet to that of the NPC whereas Minty's one adds the NPC stats to the player character sheet. Thus the player still has access to any traits that they can still use whilst in Wildshape whereas the polymorphism one doesn't allow them to be easily accessed. But each to their own.

Blackwolfe
October 27th, 2022, 16:24
good point. Thank You for the distinction / explanation. :)

Tutt
October 30th, 2022, 17:43
I can't find the download link for DWSI_v0.1.4.ext anywhere?

DustyLensCap42
October 30th, 2022, 18:13
I can't find the download link for DWSI_v0.1.4.ext anywhere?

It's on the first post where it says "updates of this extension in the Forge (here (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/623/view))"
But in an effort to make it easier, here's the URL https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/623/view

You could also search the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/) for it.

Dustin

Tutt
October 30th, 2022, 18:54
It's on the first post where it says "updates of this extension in the Forge (here (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/623/view))"
But in an effort to make it easier, here's the URL https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/623/view

You could also search the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/) for it.

Dustin

Still no link there either... just a link to thread, with no link to ext. Only link in thread is back to the forge link you just posted...
vicious circle

Lou Ciphor
October 30th, 2022, 19:50
Still no link there either... just a link to thread, with no link to ext. Only link in thread is back to the forge link you just posted...
vicious circle

Make sure you are logged in to the Forge. You may need to refresh the page and ensure that it shows your username in the top right corner of the screen.
If you already own it, it will look like this:

If you do not already own it, you will see this in place of the circled area on the above pic:

Once you own it, update FGU and enable it for the campaign, as normal.

TimeLord5
November 5th, 2022, 02:34
I love this mod, thank you.

Is there a chance that it broke with the dice overhaul this last week? It appears this has ceased to function as expected during my most recent utilization.

mharmonv2x0
November 5th, 2022, 22:47
There have been issues with the extension for several months now. Not that this is to say that additional functionality has been compromised with the advent of literally any other extension, but insofar as it not working as intended on its own, if you take a minute to look at the past few posts/pages in this very thread you'll see where other people have been having issues and there hasn't been a response from the author yet.

Minty23185Fresh
November 6th, 2022, 17:22
There have been issues with the extension for several months now. Not that this is to say that additional functionality has been compromised with the advent of literally any other extension, but insofar as it not working as intended on its own, if you take a minute to look at the past few posts/pages in this very thread you'll see where other people have been having issues and there hasn't been a response from the author yet.

Thank you for the reminder. I am aware that my extension has functional issues. Oddly enough I have pressing personal issues that don’t involve D&D nor Fantasy Grounds. I am trying to resolve them in order of personal necessity. I have not abandoned any of my extensions but they are way down on the priority list, for me at least.

Blackwolfe
November 7th, 2022, 03:46
Real life first. I wish you a peaceful safe resolution to your personal stuffs. (best wishes)

mharmonv2x0
November 12th, 2022, 22:50
Thank you for the reminder. I am aware that my extension has functional issues. Oddly enough I have pressing personal issues that don’t involve D&D nor Fantasy Grounds. I am trying to resolve them in order of personal necessity. I have not abandoned any of my extensions but they are way down on the priority list, for me at least.

I'll second what Blackwolfe said; no worries at all and best of luck taking care of things. Hopefully we'll see the extension back in prime working order one day, but not if it's at the expense of neglecting important personal matters.

Thank you for the heads up!

Minty23185Fresh
November 20th, 2022, 14:03
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words and especially your patience with my absence.

I am currently working on this extension and hope to have a fix out soon.

Dax Doomslayer
November 20th, 2022, 16:13
Yes - keep safe and I hope you are able to work through what it is you are dealing with, Minty. That's the most important priority!

Blackwolfe
November 21st, 2022, 03:07
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words and especially your patience with my absence.

Truly hope all is well with you and yours.

DustyLensCap42
November 21st, 2022, 16:27

Thanks for the update on your status and all your great work Minty!

Sorry for my misleading post, Tutt.

Minty23185Fresh
November 21st, 2022, 17:13
For story reasons, my player's druid can shape into dinosaurs and elementals and eventually monstrosities.
I get a note when trying to do this that "Only NPCs with CR 2 or less allowed for level 8 characters" or "Wild Shapes not allowed for monstrosity NPC types."

Is there a way to lift these restrictions?

There is. You can turn off all limiting restrictions using the Options Utility (the little gear widget, typically in the upper right corner of the FG desktop). DWSI has a couple options, typically toward the bottom of the list.

Minty23185Fresh
November 22nd, 2022, 21:38
I have just posted a new version (v0.1.5) of Druid Wild Shapes Implementor (DWSI) to the Forge.

This version remedies two issues:

Failure to maintain proper map token size during WS and revert from WS
Error thrown when Wild Shaped PC took damage

The script that fixed the above mentioned problems was pretty thoroughly tested to ensure robustness. However, not all other DWSI Wild Shaping routines were put through rigorous testing nor was the new version play tested in an actual game prior to posting to the Forge.

Details (should you be interested, and for my own edification):

1) The function CombatManager.getNPCSpaceReach( ) was deprecated by Smiteworks in August 2022. DWSI used that function to effect token size changes on maps.

2) Probably about the same time, the arguments for the function ActionDamage.messageDamage( ) were also changed by Smiteworks' developers. DWSI substitutes its own function for that ruleset function in order to trap and then handle damage inflicted to the WS PC that is in excess of the current TMP HPs ("the Wild Shape HP"). When damage in excess of the current WS HP is inflicted DWSI must cause a revert from WS and possibly report death of the PC should the leftover damage be in excess of the PC's current remaining HP. Because DWS_messageDamage( ) is called whenever the WS PC is damaged, to check for those conditions, the mismatch in the parameters caused the error to be thrown, irregardless of the amount damage inflicted.

kreppulun
December 2nd, 2022, 00:00
Thank you for the update. Love this ext. Glad the real life issues were resolved too.

Blackwolfe
December 2nd, 2022, 02:14
Just checked it out. I have a TON of mods running and Druid Wild Shape still worked just as it should. :)
Thank You for your hard work and great mod Minty.

mharmonv2x0
December 10th, 2022, 22:35
Just checked it out. I have a TON of mods running and Druid Wild Shape still worked just as it should. :)
Thank You for your hard work and great mod Minty.

We've had a couple of sessions now since the update and I would also like to report that everything seems to be working as intended. Thanks again, Minty!

Zetesofos
December 24th, 2022, 02:17
@Minty - great mod!

I have a question/request though. I have some house rules, and one is where my cleric gains the wildshape ability as their channel divinity. Is there a way to remove the restriction on just druid class and/or find a way to add it in for other classes?

Minty23185Fresh
December 24th, 2022, 03:16
@Minty - great mod!

I have a question/request though. I have some house rules, and one is where my cleric gains the wildshape ability as their channel divinity. Is there a way to remove the restriction on just druid class and/or find a way to add it in for other classes?

There is, see post 452 above

Zetesofos
December 24th, 2022, 03:53
There is, see post 452 above

That'll teach me to ready :P

Thank you :)

gabriel0307
February 10th, 2023, 20:39
Noob question here. Our Circle of The Moon Druid 2nd level is not allowed to wild shape do CR 1 creatures.

Garmorn
February 10th, 2023, 22:44
A couple first steps to check because these are easy to overlook and/or miss.

First does the DM own the extension? They are the ones that must own it.

Second: Is it selected in the extension list on the campaign. Even if you own the extension it has to selected to be included in the campaign.

Minty23185Fresh
February 11th, 2023, 16:36
Noob question here. Our Circle of The Moon Druid 2nd level is not allowed to wild shape do CR 1 creatures.

That's correct. As the extension is explaining in the Chat, a Level 2 Druid can only WS into beasts that are CR 1/4 or less. DWSI enforces the rules on Wild Shaping.

Take a gander at the WS rules (Under Druid Class) in the Players Handbook or Xanathar's. I suspect they're in the Basic Rules ruleset too.

To eliminate rules enforcement and WS anything into anything there is an Option toward the bottom of the Options Manager (little gear in the upper right corner of the FG tabletop).

Brotherkelly
February 22nd, 2023, 12:44
Hi Minty,

First of all, I love the extension.

I was wondering if you ever saw my PM I sent you a few weeks back as I have had no response to it. I would appreciate a reply to my query.

Niwi
February 26th, 2023, 19:46
New update seems to have broken something. With DWS extension enabled all image files seem broken - everything is totally fine with extension turned off.....

Any idea what's going on?

Minty23185Fresh
February 26th, 2023, 20:30
New update seems to have broken something. With DWS extension enabled all image files seem broken - everything is totally fine with extension turned off.....

Any idea what's going on?
“Broken”, please be more specific? Broken in what way? Won’t load? Won’t display?
And what images? Maps? Tokens? Portraits? “All” is a little too inclusive…

[EDIT]
I just loaded up FG dropped a map, a Druid and a brown bear in there. The portrait and token on the character sheet, the token in the combat tracker and on the map all Wild Shaped and reverted from Wild Shape as expected. So I need more info, more specificity, please…

Niwi
February 27th, 2023, 02:36
When I go to my images tab - all of the categories are either empty or list one image but the icon isn't next to it and it's won't be selectable. I get a masterindexitem......window.lua error message. This only occurs when I have DWS enabled.

Minty23185Fresh
February 27th, 2023, 13:25
When I go to my images tab - all of the categories are either empty or list one image but the icon isn't next to it and it's won't be selectable. I get a masterindexitem......window.lua error message. This only occurs when I have DWS enabled.
I am not observing the behavior you mention. Here is a screenshot of my Images Recordset.
I have DWSI and several other extensions running. The image listing is not messed up for me.

Niwi, if I can't reproduce the error you're observing, I can't fix it. So, to help you get rid of it I need help from you. Please provide the following.

First
Please provide the complete text of the masterindexitem error message.
You don't need to type it out. You can screen copy it and attach the screen shot.
But please be sure to crop the image so that it's readable on my end, meaning not a whole OS window screen shot. The console message in a whole Windows desktop screenshot is usually too small to read on my end if you do that. I need a "close up" (using image cropping).
Or you can use the compile logs button on the console, and retrieve a copy of the message from the console.log file that FG will put in the fgu_logs_...zip file, typically on your Windows desktop.

Second
Just by chance, are you using my Field Filters for All Libraries (FFAL) extension also? masterindex and associated files are extensively manipulated by that extension. It had problems and was just updated yesterday in the Forge.

Third
Also, is DWSI the ONLY extension you have loaded? Please make sure it is. Don't load any other extensions, just DWSI. Do you still get the error? If not it might be some sort of extension interplay - one extension interacting with another. Restart FG and only load DWSI. Still get the error?

Niwi
February 27th, 2023, 15:20
Same error with only DWS loaded. I do not have/use FFAL. 56454

I can send you the full log set if needed.

Niwi
February 27th, 2023, 15:21
Same error with only DWS loaded. I do not have/use FFAL. 56454

I can send you the full log set if needed.

Minty23185Fresh
February 28th, 2023, 14:09
@Niwi

[EDIT] Niwi hold on, I thought of something else we can try first.
More details to follow.....

Okay. Aargh. I have no idea. That particular error doesn't make sense to me, from a DWSI standpoint. But let's see if we can figure out what the problem is anyway.

That is quite a few modules you're loading. I suspect DWSI doesn't like the data in one or more of them. Let's see if we can narrow it down to the specific module or modules and then maybe the specific record or records, i.e. the specific image or images.

First things first. Let's start with a clean slate.
Bring up Fantasy Grounds, and Check for Updates to ensure FG isn't working with any old data.
Then Create a new 5E Campaign with Druid Wild Shapes Implementor (DWSI) as the only extension you'll be using.

With no modules loaded and DWSI as the only extension loaded, was an error thrown?
(If yes, we have something, else at work here, let me know...)

But if not, if no error was thrown, let's look at the console anyway.
Type "/console" (without the quotation marks) into the input area of the Chat Box.
(You might be doing this a lot, so I'd consider adding a hot key to the console, by dragging the /console that you type into the Chat, on to one of the Hot Keys at the bottom of FG table top.)
If you added a hot key, click on the /console hot key and the console should come up.
(If you didn't add a hot Key, after typing "/console" hit Enter, and the console should come up.)
Scroll to the bottom of the Console.
Is there an error message? how about that template warning, that's shown in your screen shot, is that displayed?

Now load your modules, one at a time.
After loading one and only one module, close the module Selection dialog window and open the Images Recordset Library dialog.
Was an error thrown? Did the console come up with an error displayed?

If no error message was displayed, bring up the console anyway, just like above, to double check, for warnings or errors.

If you have no errors, close the Console, close the Images window, open Modules and load your next module.
Continue with this until you find the module that throws the error.

Once you've found a module that throws an error,
let's ensure it is just one module and not an interplay between multiple modules.
Unload all the other modules, but leave the suspect module loaded.
Close down FG.
And then bring it back up. The suspect module and DWSI should be the only components loaded.
Did you get the error?

If so great, if not you'll need to find the two modules that work in conjunction to throw the error.
Do this by leaving the suspect module loaded and repeating the "load one (other) module at a time" process.

Once you have you suspect module (or modules), then look at the data records.

First look at some of the other recordsets, like Items, Story, Spells, whatever...
Are they messed up too? Or is it just the Images?

Assuming it's just the images... Take a look at each one, just quickly.
Open it, does it open properly, display an actual image, not blank, not corrupted? Just a nice looking image?

Let me know what you find out.

I realize this is a lot of work. I can't do it for you. I'm not getting the error. In order to fix it I have to be able to repeat it.
I have loaded every module I have, to try to get erroneous behavior. I have 58+ pages of images and no errors.
All my stuff is either Wizards of the Coast, some DMs Guild stuff and a little bit of imported PDF material from DMs Guild.
No small company content to speak of.

No real homebrew either.

If you were unable to find a suspect module given all the work above,
Just by chance, do you have homebrew, or even just modified (edited) content in the campaign you've experienced the error in?
That might be the culprit.

Good luck, keep me apprised. Thanks for using or at least trying to use the extension.

Niwi
February 28th, 2023, 15:36
Ok here's the update:

1. Started a brand new campaign and only loaded DWS. No errors on first open.
2. Began testing module loads. ALL module loads both WOTC and 3rd party immediately start giving same error.
3. Tested one by one and groups of content modules and same error every time.
4. Confirmed that Images, Items and NPC lists will throw the same error if opened when a module is loaded.

Here is a screenshot - I loaded each module, clicked images to trigger the error then unloaded it before loading the next one:

ShamefulAnamoly
February 28th, 2023, 23:16
Chiming in- I have this same problem. Have a thread on the help forum on it as well (I couldn't figure out what was causing the issue; smarter people than me figured it out for me). https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?77060-Can-t-load-NPCs&p=679935#post679935

I uploaded my log file there; you can see that same "Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:..cripts/masterindexitem_window.lua"]:67: attempt to index global 'link' (a nil value)" error message whenever I open NPCs or Items. Didn't actually try Images when I was troubleshooting last night.

Minty23185Fresh
March 1st, 2023, 02:52
@Niwi. You're using the latest version of the extension right? v0.1.5? And you're using it with FG Unity right?
(Sorry, not trying to insult you... just making sure. You've posted to this forum before so these are probably dumb questions.)

[EDIT] The Unity questions was dumb, I can tell from the console output its Unity.... :o

Niwi
March 1st, 2023, 02:59
Aha - No such thing as a stupid question. Somehow Forge had forgotten I own the extension and wasn't updating. Now that I'm on the correct version the issue seems to be fixed. Sorry for the confusion!

Minty23185Fresh
March 1st, 2023, 03:07
Aha - No such thing as a stupid question. Somehow Forge had forgotten I own the extension and wasn't updating. Now that I'm on the correct version the issue seems to be fixed. Sorry for the confusion!

Woot, woot! Thanks Niwi, Keep me apprised please.

hassenhoff
April 25th, 2023, 03:20
Hi!
First, thanks for the extension, is wonderful.
Second, there is not working with Barbarian Unarmored Defense? I see that the druid take the ac of the monster but not getting up by the passive, i've looking in the thread but cant find an answer.
Thank you!

Zacchaeus
April 25th, 2023, 08:59
Hi!
Second, there is not working with Barbarian Unarmored Defense? I see that the druid take the ac of the monster but not getting up by the passive, i've looking in the thread but cant find an answer.
Thank you!

I think this is a choice rather than something that is mandated. After all you could wildshape into a creature whose AC is higher that the barbarians. So I think once you transform into the creature you can choose then to use your Barbarians AC or the creatures whichever is higher and change your AC manually to that value (or create an effect to make up the difference).

Minty23185Fresh
April 25th, 2023, 20:19
Hi!
Thank you!

Thank you Zacchaeus for replying.

And, hassenhoff, Zacchaeus is correct. I’m not going to support every possible nuance issue that crops up because of multiclassing. Another user and I explored this sort of thing, rage damage, early in DWSI’s development (posts 8-23).

HiLoF
June 20th, 2023, 02:39
TY for this great extension. I have been doing manual on the fly rolls and whatnot for the wild shapes.

Zetesofos
August 13th, 2023, 00:15
Howdy! Love the extension, seems to be working mostly fine - but recently was able to isolate a minor error to this extension specifically.

Turns out, with it loaded, I can't 'rename' NPC groups under the NPC category. When I do, I get this error: Script execution error: [string "C:masterindexcategory:category_label"]:15: attempt to call field 'handleCategoryNameChange' (a nil value)

If I disable the extension, I can go back and rename categories, and they will save and persist (and if I reload there isn't an issue), but just thought I would mention.

kreppulun
August 13th, 2023, 01:20
Howdy! Love the extension, seems to be working mostly fine - but recently was able to isolate a minor error to this extension specifically.

Turns out, with it loaded, I can't 'rename' NPC groups under the NPC category. When I do, I get this error: Script execution error: [string "C:masterindexcategory:category_label"]:15: attempt to call field 'handleCategoryNameChange' (a nil value)

If I disable the extension, I can go back and rename categories, and they will save and persist (and if I reload there isn't an issue), but just thought I would mention.

I am receiving the same error when I relabel an Images folder name (maybe others as well, I tried Items and Quests too). It began about a month ago, but I hadn't had time to track down which ext was causing it. Seems to be this one as Zetesofos mentioned as disabling it allows for folders to be renamed with no error and keeps the change.

Everything up to date on Unity.

Zetesofos
August 15th, 2023, 04:12
Yep, seems to be working fine if I do it with the mod off, then turning back on. So its got a work around.

Separate request. If possible - is there a way to turn OFF the 'Auto-Revert' Feature. Ideally, it'd be cool if I could have an option where the character doesn't turn back when the temp HP hits 0. Just curious if that's doable?

Agamon
August 16th, 2023, 16:37
Yep, seems to be working fine if I do it with the mod off, then turning back on. So its got a work around.

Separate request. If possible - is there a way to turn OFF the 'Auto-Revert' Feature. Ideally, it'd be cool if I could have an option where the character doesn't turn back when the temp HP hits 0. Just curious if that's doable?

This would be great. I'd be able to use this with Level Up, where druids actually get temp hp in beast form, but don't turn back until their actual hp hit 0.

Griogre
August 17th, 2023, 18:35
I've noticed a bug when a Druid Wild Shapes into an Earth, Air, Fire or Water Elemental. They are supposed to be resistant to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage that isn't magical but are not because of a typo in the effect string. IE using a fire elemental as an example:

RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing!magic; IMMUNE: fire, poison; IMMUNE: exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious

is missing a comma after slashing and should be:

RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing,!magic; IMMUNE: fire, poison; IMMUNE: exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious

The missing comma happens with all four elementals.

Zetesofos
August 18th, 2023, 05:46
Exactly the same reason I want it ;)

daddyogreman
August 27th, 2023, 18:28
It seems at some point this extension moved from the extensions folder to the vault? I'd love to be able to get at the code so I can modify it locally to allow more than just beast types and see how badly it falls over when doing so. Is there a git repo or anything you'd be willing to share?

Minty23185Fresh
August 27th, 2023, 21:34
It seems at some point this extension moved from the extensions folder to the vault? I'd love to be able to get at the code so I can modify it locally to allow more than just beast types and see how badly it falls over when doing so. Is there a git repo or anything you'd be willing to share?
See post 367

Minty23185Fresh
August 27th, 2023, 21:46

Aargh! I suspect this is due to the enhanced NPC sharing capabilities of DWSI (see posts 122 & 123). Last time I checked they were working, but probably not any more. I’ll check it out.

[EDIT 8/28/23] Error confirmed.

Minty23185Fresh
August 27th, 2023, 21:53
I've noticed a bug when a Druid Wild Shapes into an Earth, Air, Fire or Water Elemental. They are supposed to be resistant to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage that isn't magical but are not because of a typo in the effect string. IE using a fire elemental as an example:

RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing!magic; IMMUNE: fire, poison; IMMUNE: exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious

is missing a comma after slashing and should be:

RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing,!magic; IMMUNE: fire, poison; IMMUNE: exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious

The missing comma happens with all four elementals.
This is a bit esoteric… :)
I don’t recall needing to parse the damage types for this extension to work. Meaning, I’m kind of pointing my finger at Smitework’s 5e ruleset code. But I’ll look into this. I might be mistaken.

daddyogreman
August 27th, 2023, 23:22
See post 367

Ah wow didn't spot that. Cheers!
Btw, LOVE this extension and use it heavily for the druid in the group. Thanks for all the work!

Griogre
August 28th, 2023, 20:48
This is a bit esoteric… :)
I don’t recall needing to parse the damage types for this extension to work. Meaning, I’m kind of pointing my finger at Smitework’s 5e ruleset code. But I’ll look into this. I might be mistaken.

Thanks for looking into it, Minty.

Minty23185Fresh
August 29th, 2023, 18:04
Just updated this morning (Tuesday, Aug 29) while trying to fix a couple of other things...
Aargh! I have a whole new set of errors... Working on it.

Mdaddy
September 2nd, 2023, 21:21
Just want to say you are doing great work. I recommended your extension to several groups and they all admit you made the best solution to the wildshape implementation.

HiLoF
September 9th, 2023, 02:33
Yes, love the extension. Any suggestions on the script execution error, mentioned elsewhere?

BruceDM
September 10th, 2023, 01:20
I cannot get this extension to download.

I have subscribed to it in Forge. I have clicked "Check For Updates" multiple times. The extension file is not in the extensions folder and not on the list of extensions to enable when I load campaign.

Any suggestions on how to download the extension?

Miloh
September 10th, 2023, 19:34
I narrowed my error messages to this extension today. Been causing errors maybe a week or two. Script errors, nil value errors etc. The other thing is was preventing me from doing is creating another "group" in my image files. Strange. I unloaded for now. Good luck.

PandaGentil
September 10th, 2023, 22:45
Hi, I unloaded all of my extensions except yours and still got the same error:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:masterindexitem_id:link"]:6: attempt to index field 'list_category' (a nil value)

It happens every time i open the npc page or try to search npc by name.
The error doesnt show if the wildshape ext. is unload.

Any idea? Thanks!

Miloh
September 11th, 2023, 14:14
I narrowed my error messages to this extension today. Been causing errors maybe a week or two. Script errors, nil value errors etc. The other thing is was preventing me from doing is creating another "group" in my image files. Strange. I unloaded for now. Good luck.

Thought I'd add the exact error I saw that was resolved when I unloaded Druid Wild Shapes, hoping it helps. This error would pop up about 10 times each for the first time I would attempt to open something like spells, NPC, Encounters, etc. After I opened them the first time, the second time I wouldn't get the error. If I would log out of game and log back in, the error would repeat (get it the first time opening something, but not the second, third, etc.).

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:masterindexcategory:category_label"]:117:attempt to call field 'getRecordType' (a nil value)

For my image file group issue, that was also resolved, if I attempted to create another image GROUP (I have MANY), I would click edit groups, click add (the plus sign), type in the new group name, but the new group name either wouldn't stick, or it would be added not in alphabetical order, like all my other image groups are. I use the "-" character in my group names, if that matters.

Kallysto
September 11th, 2023, 20:04
Hello, encountering the same issues as you all when opening any category (items, NPCs, images,...), today it's precisely this type of error : [string "C:masterindexitem_id:link"]:6: attempt to index field 'list_category' (a nil value)

But that's ok. Let us know when it's fixed Minty and no pressure, your extension is amazing, I'll wait the time needed (and do math instead in the meantime with my druid player :D)

Griogre
September 12th, 2023, 04:52
For the index error, after you select a group, it will stop throwing an error since the index is now set to something.