PDA

View Full Version : SWADE is out!

Sgain
December 8th, 2018, 00:12
released for backers. pdf version is available for download.

GunnarGreybeard
December 9th, 2018, 10:19
Got my copy being printed out so I can read through and mark it up. :bandit:

joeblack1863
December 9th, 2018, 19:20
Been reading through the rules too. Found this guy helpful to point to some of the important changes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTaKmPI9ago

Joe

Valyar
December 9th, 2018, 21:03
I am half the way through the current rulebook in preparation for Deadlands games... how much of a change is this SWADE edition bringing on the table? Any summary of the new stuffs, as I am not a backer?

rodney418
December 9th, 2018, 21:48
While the overall game remains basically the same, there are so many tiny tweaks to the system that it's way too many to sum up in one post. They will release a change guide eventually though. Until then, it's no problem to prepare with what you got already.

esmdev
December 9th, 2018, 22:14
I think, for the time being at least, I'll keep using AE until the SWADE upgrade to FG. The changes are numerous enough in skills alone that it makes sense to wait.

I'd probably use SWADE in an person game. I really like a lot of the changes.

Sgain
December 10th, 2018, 07:43
I've been using SWADE for about 6 weeks with my 4 gaming groups (non-disclosure agreement period has ended). Lots of the Edges and Hindrances have been tweaked, dropped or merged it takes a while to get used to them. The other big changes is how multiple actions work now - way more options for everyone in the game and makes combat even nastier. Spell tweaks are also very cool - they add a lot of options for spellcasters that weren't there before and everyone in my games who plays a spellcasting type really likes them.
A good example was during tonights game. The party was ambushed by an Ancient Vampire, his 3 spawn and 4 wolves. Only 2 heroes were up, armored and awake. One succumbed to the Vampires charms - the other let out a yell of fury and woke the group, who scrambled to grab their weapons. In the first round of combat nearly everyone got hit except one of the groups spellcasters. He moved away from the battle a short distance and cast Deflection - ON EVERYONE! He blew 10 power points to do it, but suddenly everyone was -4 to be hit! Wow! Totally changed my cleaning house to a drawn out battle where eventually the adventurers chased off the ancient vampre and saved their charmed friend.
Being able to extend powers to other targets, change attack spells to heavy weapons, change trappings and other changes really makes spellcasting more interesting for everyone.

ProfDogg
December 11th, 2018, 02:42
Dropping CHA and defaulting it to a skill (Persuasion or Performance typically) is a big change to a lot of social edges. Looks like a +2 CHA = +1 to a relevant skill for the most part...

A lot of changes to Edges for not just that but other skill mods as well....

It looks good and I love the design philosophies but it will be a pain to convert...

donpaulo
December 17th, 2018, 08:40
I got it, but haven't read anything yet.

Will print it out and read it over the break

Then perhaps start a SW campaign !

Trenloe
December 17th, 2018, 10:33
Will print it out and read it over the break
In the pre-release updates they keep saying “don’t print this yet” as it is not the final version - they have released it to allow the community to give some last minute feedback to help make the final book as error free as possible.

Valyar
December 17th, 2018, 11:13
Sounds like converting everything existing will be a pain?

donpaulo
December 17th, 2018, 13:12
yes they just released 2.1

I won't be printing out until we leave for vacation

but I think the updates are mostly on the edit side, rather than actual game play revision

mac40k
December 17th, 2018, 14:40
yes they just released 2.1

I won't be printing out until we leave for vacation

but I think the updates are mostly on the edit side, rather than actual game play revision

Not so. They have made substantial changes to mechanics in some areas. In some cases making things worse in some folks opinions than the v1 version. There's at least going to be one more draft, if not more before you can safely print it out, unless you've just got paper and ink/toner to burn.

donpaulo
December 18th, 2018, 04:08
I am referring to the difference from 2.0 to 2.1

not from the original

are you saying substantial changes were made in the recent update this week from the kickstarter a few weeks ago ?

mac40k
December 18th, 2018, 14:44
I am referring to the difference from 2.0 to 2.1

not from the original

are you saying substantial changes were made in the recent update this week from the kickstarter a few weeks ago ?

Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. Changes from v2 to v2.1 to Reloading, for example, have cause quite an uproar. Changes to size and how that relates to grapple and push are a couple more.

donpaulo
December 19th, 2018, 01:35
Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. Changes from v2 to v2.1 to Reloading, for example, have cause quite an uproar. Changes to size and how that relates to grapple and push are a couple more.

domo

I haven't the time to check on that kind of stuff

the uproar is on the forums ?

mac40k
December 19th, 2018, 13:40
domo

I haven't the time to check on that kind of stuff

the uproar is on the forums ?

PEG forum and Savage Worlds (Unofficial) Discord server. I think Facebook also, but I haven't personally seen those.

Erolat
December 24th, 2018, 03:26
They have released one update and have announced another one some time around Christmas. There is a projected fourth release in the second or third week of January as well.

Dershem
December 24th, 2018, 13:34
PEG forum and Savage Worlds (Unofficial) Discord server. I think Facebook also, but I haven't personally seen those.

Hey Mac, can you post a link for that server?

Erolat
December 24th, 2018, 13:39
https://discord.gg/VqT7CJj

There you go Dershem.

Dershem
December 24th, 2018, 21:52
https://discord.gg/VqT7CJj

There you go Dershem.

Thank you!!!