PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 PlayerSaturday Afternoon/Anytime Sunday CST US Time Zone Prefer 5e/SW/PF

ScottUlmer
December 6th, 2018, 02:30
FG License: Ultimate

Time Zone: Central Time US (GMT – 6)

Days: Saturday afternoon/ Sunday anytime. I am also open weeknights and Saturday morning, but work will occasionally get in the way.

Term: Lifetime…? Lol. I am sick of always looking for groups. I started to play with a bunch of friends in real, but they would miss about ½ of the sessions. I am looking for something more serious.

Voice: I currently have Twitch, but I know most people use Discord (which I have used) and also TeamSpeak (which I have not). I will use whatever software works best for the team and learn how to use it prior to the sessions.

Game System Preferred/Experience: I would like to do pretty much any of them as I more just want a good group that I mesh with. I have played Pathfinder for about a year and I have played 5e on Fantasy grounds for about 6 months. I am really curious about Savage Worlds as the game system seems very interesting. That being said I would pretty much play anything on FG. If it is a system, I have not played I will do my homework to not drag the team down.

Character Type Preferred: In pathfinder I really like the Arcane Trickster, in D&D I like to play a really tricky wizard. I will play any class that the team needs though, but I do prefer non-melee.

About Me: My name is Scott and I am located in the middle of USA. I value people’s time so I will try my very best to be at every session and even early. I am typically about 30 minutes early to work, and I plan to be as studious here as I am in my work life. That being said I do occasionally have stuff happen so weeknights might be a little rough and I do occasionally work Saturday mornings. In the about one year I was playing Pathfinder I missed one planned session, due to being out of the country. The place was over an hour from where I lived and I was typically the first one there (and three people lived at the apartments we played at).
I have no strong preference for linear vs sandbox. I do prefer gritty over beer and pretzels, but I will gladly “mellow out” and play a beer and pretzel style game. I would like some fear of death, as being invincible to me is not very appealing, but also a TPK every session is a bit much. As for roleplay vs dungeon crawl I would like a bit of both. I am a bit weak with roleplay (as in voice acting and theatre of the mind stuff), but I am good at thinking about my characters motives and trying to make an interesting backstory and bring something to the table. I prefer tactics, but I am not a min-maxer (unless the group needs me to be and that is the style of play). I prefer to play off my characters flaws more than their strength. As for premade vs custom I am good with either. For purposes of full disclosure, I have read the reviews for pretty much every official premade campaign in 5e, but obviously will not meta game. Even if it is a custom game, I will not play off of knowing things about monsters such us fire on trolls and don’t slash oozes.

DealBreaker
December 9th, 2018, 08:39
Hi there. This may be slightly outside your preferred game time but I am looking for players for a saturday 10ish am MST game for d&d 5e (so 11am Central unless i screwed up the conversion). I will leave a link to my post and I would encourage you to leave a reply to the thread if you are interested in playing. From what you've said here I would guess you would probably be a good fit for me/the game I plan to run. Hope to hear from you in my thread and chat with you in the near future.

Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46637-LFP-Homebrew-world-D-amp-D-5e-Preferably-Saturdays-10ish-AM-MST&p=415140#post415140

ScottUlmer
December 9th, 2018, 16:20
Thanks! I submitted a reply to that thread as well :)