PDA

View Full Version : AD&D finally working

tdwyer11b
July 27th, 2006, 10:56
Finally have a playable AD&D 2e ruleset working. Heres some screenshots of the various changes.

https://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id531382102

GMBazUK
July 27th, 2006, 13:26
Hi tdwyer 11b

Wow, you have been one busy... xml programmer.

The images look really great.

Now the fun part begins?

Baz.

Scout762
July 28th, 2006, 06:47
So are you going to be the Master of this Dungeon? If so, i'd like to par-take!:D

Mainframemouse
July 28th, 2006, 08:48
Ahh you gool old ring bound monsterous manual. Can you add a function to misfile Balrog into E-G section, or for the ring to pop open throwing all the data sheets over the virtual table?

malditobill
November 25th, 2007, 18:20
Hi all! I'm looking for 2nd edition ruleset but the link is dead, can you post a new one?

Blue Haven
November 25th, 2007, 18:27
Can you share that ruleset tdwyer11b...? it would be very cool :)

jthm0138
January 8th, 2008, 03:54
I too would love to get ahold of this ruleset. :-)

Necrosaro
January 23rd, 2008, 23:05
Holy CRAP! if someone gets a game of this going i'd love to get in on it.

Asgorath
January 24th, 2008, 10:13
wow impressive

tdwyer11b
January 24th, 2008, 10:19
I get alot of ppl asking about this ruleset. It was designed for FG1, but thanx for the kind comments. I'm using the C&C ruleset for FG2 for my old-school gaming now.

SuperGeek
April 14th, 2008, 14:25
WOW.....
I
Am
So
Impressed!

eirek
April 14th, 2008, 21:48
I wish I could find a Character Sheet at least for 2nd edition :( It's talking me forever just to figure out how to do it, let alone design everything.

arcath
May 23rd, 2008, 20:01
I would love to find this for FG1, as thats what im mainly using =/

stupid friends wont upgrade.

Sorontar
May 24th, 2008, 16:54

Tell them they're muppets and give them a slap ;)

Kalan
May 24th, 2008, 18:07

They do know its a free upgrade right? At least for registered owners of FG1...

arcath
May 24th, 2008, 19:07
there in lies the problem doesnt it. :P

I would love to use my FG2 but nooooooo.

SgtDarkside
November 16th, 2008, 15:55
anyone got a 2nd edition ruleset willing to share or maybe do a trade?

Thanks in advance

Runedro
November 22nd, 2008, 06:26
I second that... lol 2nd...

anyone got a 2nd edition ruleset willing to share or maybe do a trade?

Thanks in advance

zabulus
November 23rd, 2008, 15:50
Oh, I'll third it then :)

Quasar
February 16th, 2009, 02:39
The link no longer works :(

unerwünscht
February 16th, 2009, 03:01
We have a 2nd edition rule set for FGII, but it is not available to the public. The person who actually wrote it was banned from the site three days before releasing it, and has asked us to not share it with the community here.

I know that there are at least 2 more AD&D 2nd ed rulesets floating around out there that also work with FGII. But good luck getting anyone to come up off of those as well. You would probably do best to make your own. However if you want I can post screenshots of ours to give you an Idea of where to start.

Foen
February 16th, 2009, 06:19
Nice job guys: I'm hoping to do a 1st edition AD&D ruleset (probably OSRIC) later this year, once I've finished work on Labyrinth Lord (BECM). As a part-time venture, it will take a while to get out.

I'll start a thread nearer the time and will post the ruleset on the Wiki.

Foen

unerwünscht
February 17th, 2009, 17:34
Ok everyone good news. I have permission from the original coder to clean it up some, reskin it and then sell it. So it will be available soon.

Orpheus
February 18th, 2009, 01:13
Nice job guys: I'm hoping to do a 1st edition AD&D ruleset (probably OSRIC) later this year, once I've finished work on Labyrinth Lord (BECM). As a part-time venture, it will take a while to get out.

Foen
Awwwww yeahhhhhhhh....dog.:D

I was hoping that someone xml-savvy would take the OSRIC plunge. Thank you good sir.;)

Blue Haven
February 18th, 2009, 13:03
Wow i want to buy it!! 2nd edition ruleset i want one!

zabulus
February 18th, 2009, 14:13
Hey, Blue Haven, what happened to that 2nd edition ruleset you could get me but only over MSN, eh?

Needless to say, I am interested as well. I think I've been posting in all 2nd edition threads here. Might I inquire what the original coder was banned for?

Culdraug
February 18th, 2009, 15:12

Foen

Sounds good sir. While Rolemaster is still my top priority, a good old school ruleset would be nice. I have looked over both LL and OSRIC and I think OSRIC would be the better system.

Thanks for doing this. If I can help in some small way, let me know.

unerwünscht
February 18th, 2009, 19:18
The staff here will tell you he was banned for "Invalidating his post count".
But the simple fact is that they run vBulletin and they could have easily fixed any post invalidation that might have happened.

In the end he was banned because someone threatened him, but the staff here was friends with the person who threatened him. So he was the on who got banned. It's all good tho.

Foen
February 18th, 2009, 22:26
Sounds good sir. While Rolemaster is still my top priority, a good old school ruleset would be nice. I have looked over both LL and OSRIC and I think OSRIC would be the better system.

Thanks for doing this. If I can help in some small way, let me know.

Thank you, I'd be delighted to take you up on the offer!

The Rolemaster ruleset is nearing its epic conclusion, and I hope you won't be disappointed :)

All the best

Foen

Blue Haven
February 18th, 2009, 23:07
Hey, Blue Haven, what happened to that 2nd edition ruleset you could get me but only over MSN, eh?

Needless to say, I am interested as well. I think I've been posting in all 2nd edition threads here. Might I inquire what the original coder was banned for?

Why dont you do like everyone else and buy the ruleset? i guess it wont cost much ;)

leozelig
February 22nd, 2009, 15:06
We have a 2nd edition rule set for FGII, but it is not available to the public. The person who actually wrote it was banned from the site three days before releasing it, and has asked us to not share it with the community here.

I know that there are at least 2 more AD&D 2nd ed rulesets floating around out there that also work with FGII. But good luck getting anyone to come up off of those as well. You would probably do best to make your own. However if you want I can post screenshots of ours to give you an Idea of where to start.

Hmm, the screenshot of the char sheet looks a whole lot like the 1st ed ruleset I created for myself, only with spruced up icons/background image.

I will gladly turn it over for free if anyone wants to use it or work on making it better. The version I created has not been tested in-game. I have long since switched to 4th edition but would welcome a classic D&D ruleset.

PM me if interested.

unerwünscht
February 22nd, 2009, 15:21
You are absolutely right it does, and I will talk to him about that today. He swore up and down that he only used the core files to expand upon and create his rule set. Unfortunately, I know VERY little about making the rulesets themselves. My coding ability is limited to PHP and Java.

Tho I find it VERY interesting that you are just now coming forward with this.

I also find it interesting that you have a total of 17 posts at this point and this is the first post regarding rulesets. Can you prove that you coded that? I am going to be asking him for proof that he coded it as well, so dont take it personally.

Sorontar
February 22nd, 2009, 16:03
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7951 just for an approx date stamp on first queries.

unerwünscht
February 22nd, 2009, 17:13
I don't know what to say. I am sorry.
I had no idea that the code in question was plagiarized. No copies have been sold or distributed on our end, and we will halt any further development of the product. I am not sure how many people you sent your copy to, but you might want to start asking questions about how it leaked in the first place.

This "stunt" of his cost me and my company a fare amount of resources and money. So unfortunately, we will once again be pulling all of our Fantasy Grounds products and support indefinitely.

leozelig
February 23rd, 2009, 05:04
No problem, I do this for fun. I don't frequent the message boards and happened upon this thread quite by chance. I shared my ruleset with only one other person as I recall.

I had hoped to run some classic modules at one time, but with the release of 4th edition, I decided it would be too difficult to recruit players for the older editions.

Anyway, very sorry to hear of your trouble. I would be happy to see a quality ruleset for the older editions, so let me know if there is any way I can help you resolve this issue.

unerwünscht
February 23rd, 2009, 07:09
Actually it didn't cost as much as I had originally thought. The code team had not started yet so they didn't cost anything on this project, and the visual design team only ran me about $300. That's not so bad in the end.

If you choose to share your product with the community still and would like a place to host it from, you are more than welcome to host it from our new site, when it is finished. We will most likely have incentives for members who share original content.

I am also sure you will find other people here in the community that will have no issues with hosting or even selling it for you.

Foen
February 23rd, 2009, 07:56
There is always the FG Wiki, provided the ruleset isn't doing anything naughty in respect of intellectual property rights.

neuroshayd
March 26th, 2009, 20:37
I was just wondering if any of the "involved" parties are planning anything further on this developement project. I honestly believe it is a worthwhile endeavor and am hoping one or any of the involved parties is willing to move forward the hand of generosity and push this out. I know from the comments and views alone it would be MASSIVELY received. PLEASE think about this!!!:o

unerwünscht
March 26th, 2009, 22:23
I was under the impression that leozelig "will gladly turn it over for free if anyone wants to use it or work on making it better". And tho I know it appears at times that I am a heartless evil bastard, I really am not. I have no interest in infringing upon his intellectual property, and therefor I leave it to him to release it to the public. Or to at the very least tell me it is ok to release it, and I will have the design team finish it over the next weak or two.

leozelig
March 28th, 2009, 18:28
I was under the impression that leozelig "will gladly turn it over for free if anyone wants to use it or work on making it better". And tho I know it appears at times that I am a heartless evil bastard, I really am not. I have no interest in infringing upon his intellectual property, and therefor I leave it to him to release it to the public. Or to at the very least tell me it is ok to release it, and I will have the design team finish it over the next weak or two.

unerwünscht, you have my permission to use the ruleset. As I said, I would welcome a quality classic D&D ruleset.

Cheers and good luck.

:D

unerwünscht
March 29th, 2009, 02:35
Well then I will have my team start working on it again ASAP.
On the outside chance that there is more interest in it than I think there is, do you have a paypal account? Send me a PM if you would.

Tel Arin
April 6th, 2009, 02:15
First, sorry for the english.

https://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7451/screenshot00013zx.png

Me and my players we have bought the game to play D & D mainly, but we have seen that there is a possibility of getting the AD&D2 ruleset.

How could it?.

Thanks in advance.

zabulus
April 6th, 2009, 18:15
Not yet. Or officially, anyway. Unerwünscht says he has people working on a version, which will be for sale when they are done.

Tel Arin
April 13th, 2009, 23:05
Ok, thanks for the reply zabulus.

I wait them

zabulus
May 15th, 2009, 08:45
Hello Unerwünscht, is there any update on this? This is not meant to rush you in any way, since it's been only a month, but I was just wondering and wanted to keep this under attention :)

Xzy
June 11th, 2009, 00:27
Hello, was just wondering if anyone was able to get this going afterall. If someone has one they'd be willing to send me, please let me know.

luckdragon
July 1st, 2009, 00:16
I'm also interested in a 2nd edition AD&D ruleset.. once this becomes available, then I'll purchase FG as the program looks really nice.. however, since myself and my friends only play 2E (personally, I've spent thousands on a ton of 2E stuff (about 80% of everything ever available for 2E), so I don't want to re-buy stuff even if the "new rules" seem to make more sense)

unerwünscht
July 1st, 2009, 07:56
Well, unfortunately Smite Works planned scheme for floating license keys, coupled with their apparent inability to comment further on the topic has moved myself and my company away from Fantasy Grounds entirely at this point.

There are a handful of people who have a copy of our AD&D "ruleset" you might be able to get it from one of them. But we do not have the files anymore.

Wish you all the best of luck, and I will unsubscribe from this thread, thus not receiving any updates in the future.

Danouri
July 2nd, 2009, 05:44
Greetings all!
I am looking for the Ruleset for AD&D for fantasy grounds 1 if anyone might be able to help in finding it I would greatly appreciate it my players just moved to FL and I would like to continue running game for them

lucyanor
July 3rd, 2009, 11:37
If someone has the ruleset for ADnD 2nd for FG2, please PM me.

Zajankuchan
July 16th, 2009, 21:28
I would also like a 2e ruleset for FG2

unerwünscht
August 22nd, 2009, 04:59
Ok....ok....I heard the emails and PM's. Please stop. :-)

I did some digging and got someone to send me a copy of the original ruleset, and have spent the last 24 hours hammering out all of the known issues. With luck the new version will be available at GamingArmy in the next few days. Provided I could talk one or two of you into setting aside some time to log into a session and make sure it works the way you need.

unerwünscht
August 23rd, 2009, 20:17
Sorry for the double post, but you can not edit posts that have existed for any length of time. version one of the AD&D ruleset is available on GamingArmy... and better yet it is free. You can find it HERE (https://www.gamingarmy.com/showthread.php?p=1750#post1750)

I will also create a new thread that is not so cluttered so the link will be easier to find.

Garignak
September 2nd, 2009, 00:15
How do I install this?

unerwünscht
September 2nd, 2009, 00:33
The same way you install any other ruleset. Unzip the archive into your ruleset folder.