PDA

View Full Version : been trying to get this working but nothing works

The_Enemy
December 2nd, 2018, 04:57
i have been trying to get my deadlands reloaded modules to show up but none of the solutions i have found so far have worked does anyone have advice for this?

iotech
December 2nd, 2018, 05:06
Please load your campaign, then click the Library button on the right side button bar (near the bottom).

Once in Library, click the Modules button (left side, near bottom).

Scroll though the list of modules. Are your modules in this list? If not, you don't have them installed in FG properly. If they ARE in the list, click the Load button by each.

After you have loaded the modules, close the Modules window, returning top the Library. You should now see your modules in the list in the lower left area. Select one to see the contents, or use the right sidebar buttons to access the material by type.

Let us know how this works for you or what you see that differs and I'm sure someone can help further.

Oh! And Welcome to Fantasy Grounds!

The_Enemy
December 2nd, 2018, 05:13
if they arent loaded properly how do i load them properly cause it does show it when i used the update the first time but no matter the ruleset i load i cant find them in the modules

The_Enemy
December 2nd, 2018, 05:29
Please load your campaign, then click the Library button on the right side button bar (near the bottom).

Once in Library, click the Modules button (left side, near bottom).

Scroll though the list of modules. Are your modules in this list? If not, you don't have them installed in FG properly. If they ARE in the list, click the Load button by each.

After you have loaded the modules, close the Modules window, returning top the Library. You should now see your modules in the list in the lower left area. Select one to see the contents, or use the right sidebar buttons to access the material by type.

Let us know how this works for you or what you see that differs and I'm sure someone can help further.

Oh! And Welcome to Fantasy Grounds!

thanks and if they arent loaded properly how do i load them properly i have checked all forms of rulesets i have access too and the modules dont show up

iotech
December 2nd, 2018, 05:30
Since you're already updated and saw them downloaded, we'll proceed to setting up the campaign:

Run FG. At the main menu screen, choose Create New Campaign. IN the settings that appear, give your campaign a name (the red textbox), then under Select Ruleset, choose "Savage Worlds" (NOT Savage Worlds 3) - the proper one shows as Release 4.7. In the Extensions column, choose any extensions you bought (Like Deadlands, Sci Fi Companion, Adventure Deck, etc.) If you do not see the ruleset (Savage Worlds) in the Ruleset list, then while you may have purchased some modules/extensions, you have not purchased the SW ruleset... there is your problem.

Assuming you made it through the above, click Start. Once your campaign is loaded, re-try the steps in my first reply and let us know how it turned out.

iotech
December 2nd, 2018, 05:48
Like so:

The_Enemy
December 2nd, 2018, 06:03
while i am upset at having to spend more to use something i just bought thank you for your help with this i got it working now

iotech
December 2nd, 2018, 06:12
Excellent! Glad you got it working.

Welcome again to Fantasy Grounds!

damned
December 2nd, 2018, 07:20
while i am upset at having to spend more to use something i just bought thank you for your help with this i got it working now

welcome The_Enemy

all the Deadlands products should say something like:

Bad Times on the Goodnight is not a complete game. It’s a supplement for the Deadlands Reloaded setting for the Savage Worlds game system.

Requires: A Fantasy Grounds full or ultimate license and the Savage Worlds v3 Ruleset and the Deadlands Setting for Fantasy Grounds

If you see any that dont please post back here or email to [email protected] and they will get it fixed asap.

iotech
December 2nd, 2018, 07:54
Thanks, Damned. I gave him/her bad info on the SW version (4 vs 3) as I dont have any Deadlands products.

Bidmaron
December 2nd, 2018, 14:38
Not meaning to be crass, but if you bought the module physically, would you have expected to be able to play it without owning the hard copy rulebooks? Aside from what damned quoted, this is just not a reasonable expectation.