PDA

View Full Version : Esper Genisis

Natewizard
December 1st, 2018, 19:00
has anyone made rules set for this me 5E sci-fi game by wizards? I would but am computer illiterate

Moon Wizard
December 2nd, 2018, 02:03
I haven't heard of anyone building a ruleset for this game system for FG; so you would have to use one of the generic frameworks to play the game (such as MoreCore or CoreRPG)

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
December 3rd, 2018, 04:59
Check out this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44600-Unsupported-Game-Systems-Offer

Trenloe
December 4th, 2018, 11:15
I’m not aware of anyone making a FG ruleset for this.

Esper Genisis is based on D&D 5E, so use the 5E ruleset.

You’ll have to enter data manually and also manually adjust for any setting specific rules.

If you need to change skills, see this extension as an example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34193-Ultramodern5-Suggestions

You may also want to look at 5E Ultramodern to see if that helps with some aspects: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFG5EDEM201610

Predatorian3
February 4th, 2020, 06:08
Would it be easier to use the D&D 5e Ruleset and make the Esper Genesis rules an extension for it? That way you're not having to reinvent an entire wheel, but still be able to add new stuff, or override certain things? Or am I misunderstanding how that all works?

damned
February 4th, 2020, 12:24
Would it be easier to use the D&D 5e Ruleset and make the Esper Genesis rules an extension for it? That way you're not having to reinvent an entire wheel, but still be able to add new stuff, or override certain things? Or am I misunderstanding how that all works?

Yes that would be the way to approach this one.

dmbrown
February 4th, 2020, 17:54
While not a ruleset, but based on 5e, there is this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFG5EDEM201610

Maybe something similar can be done for Esper Genesis?

ZenGhost
March 17th, 2020, 23:46
I am working on entering the data from EG Core and Threats data into the FG 5e ruleset framework on my EG Campaign Dev Server. I then export mods to my campaign game server for running the game. Contact me for lessons learned. I use NPC Engineer to import the monsters from the Threat DB.

Danimal66
January 5th, 2021, 20:52
Just did a Google search and found this thread after getting the R20 announcement of having this officially available and was checking to see if FG had it. Guess not based on this small thread.

ZenGhost
January 6th, 2021, 00:33
Just did a Google search and found this thread after getting the R20 announcement of having this officially available and was checking to see if FG had it. Guess not based on this small thread.

There is no EG ruleset yet. But I have been running EG using the generic 5e rulesets and my own mod files.

ZenGhost
March 3rd, 2021, 22:11
All,
I was finally able to create a free releasable Esper Genesis module for use on Fantasy Grounds using the 5e Ruleset.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrwsdx13io52uer/Esper%20Genesis%20Basic%20Rules%20Player%20Info.mo d?dl=0
The information contained in this module is strictly from the free downloadable Basic Rules, so I don't run into any copyright issues. This is not endorsed by AAE or Rich L. The game author (Rich L) has a copy of this file and is reviewing at his discretion. He has allowed me to release this module based solely on the fact that it only contains the free content. I created this module so any issues related to this module lie solely with me. This is a beta version. The Basic GM Rules module is still in development (which is essentially the Threat NPCs). The Burst Fire function has been adapted for use in 5e by converting Burst Fire into a "spell", specifically, a cantrip that all players can use. Just drag and drop the Burst Fire cantrip appropriate for the weapon into the Action Tab. Players and GMs will need to manually track Burst Fire. You will need to target all NPCs and players within the 10 ft square and cast the "Burst Fire" cantrip. I can't guarantee that all the fluff for every object or item is there. If you try out this module, please let me know how well it works and let me know of any bugs or issues. I will try to remedy those or tell you how. You can contact me here, or even better, on the Esper Genesis Official Discord Server with the same handle "ZenGhost"

Copy this file into the Modules folder of your Fantasy Grounds directory (Classic or Unity). Inside Fantasy Grounds, unload all other modules, except for any map modules, and load this file. Make sure click the green check box so that players can access the information from their clients/accounts

damned
March 3rd, 2021, 22:15
Well done and thank you for contacting the author/owner.

johnecc
March 5th, 2021, 01:48
Well done, ZenGhost. I will be keen to check it out when I get a chance.

Argonautking
May 3rd, 2021, 06:50
Great, just what I was looking for :D I tried roll20 but the modules were full of weird bugs and missing stuff. Looking forward to giving this a proper run with FG

BangsNaughtyBits
March 3rd, 2022, 23:11
Holy officially released ruleset, Batman! Bought it immediately.

Bloodright
May 14th, 2022, 20:15
I picked this up recently and looking forward to more content to come. I was curious what the development cycle was looking like?