PDA

View Full Version : LFP, D&D 5E , Curse of Strahd. European timezone preferred.

Haerilis
November 29th, 2018, 23:24
FG License:Standard
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: GMT+1
Day of week and time: Tuesday so far but flexible according player priorities,planned start date: December 6th, but can postpone.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hr sessions, 1 session a week or more if people demands it.
Term: No idea, could take ages , there's quite some material in this campaign.
Text or Voice:TEXT!
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Hell no, what happens behind the dungeon master screen, stay behind the dungeon master screen...
Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends the players , probably 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Already have two old timers, looking for 3-4 players. Try to have some synergies and why not someone relatively good willed, able to wield a sword and an holy symbol...
Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level
Character restrictions: PHB/SCAG/Xanathar's.

Details: Quite rusty At DMing , especially 5E as i am more familiar with previous editions, but ill try to make this classic campaign as good as possible. Bring whatever you want,every classes, every alignments (although its Ravenloft, evil have consequences),most races , i am open minded as long it's coherent . However , lets try to cooperate a minimum and have characters bound a minimum. I cannot physically manage separate sessions with some characters going solo and/or slaughtering each others. It would be better if players get to know each other before starting and write some small common background. The adventure hook will be in the duchy of Daggerford, guests of the duchess, so everyone should have a small heroic or at least notable background .

Edit: Oh yeah a link to the calendar might help : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3270

GunnarGreybeard
November 30th, 2018, 22:24
If this is text only, I'm definitely interested but not sure I can meet the time frame. I am CST/UTC-6 and think it works out to 1 PM start time for me and I would need to be done by 4 (my time). Are you leaning closer toward 3 or 4 hour sessions? Let me check some stuff on my end and I will follow up in a few days.

Haerilis
November 30th, 2018, 23:15
If 4 is too much, i can make sessions of 3 hours. Depends how the group can stomach it ,4 hours may be too much for everyone :)

mudmonkey
December 4th, 2018, 21:04
Hi there! A friend of mine and I are searching for a text based game and would love to talk to you about it! Our reddit LFG post (https://www.reddit.com/r/lfg/comments/a0mlj8/onlinegenesysswrpg4e5egmt_two_friends_looking_for/) has more information about the kind of game we're looking for.

You can contact either Az or myself on reddit, or me through these forums. Thanks!

TrinityAmad
December 5th, 2018, 09:53
I'm really interested! If you can make it on thursday can be on it! (Any time is fine! after 18PM GMT+1, im from Italy)
Text games are perfect for me, I'm a deaf guy and I really want to play D&D 5e!

Tell me if this's fine :ninja:
My email for contact is: mcormagi[at]gmail.com

I consider myselft a good role playing gamer ;)
(If you count me, i'm up for a ranger position :cool:)

p.s. I have the steam "standard" version of FG, hope it's all'right and I can't join tomorrow (not at home) :cry:

Haerilis
December 5th, 2018, 12:18
Hi there! A friend of mine and I are searching for a text based game and would love to talk to you about it! Our reddit LFG post (https://www.reddit.com/r/lfg/comments/a0mlj8/onlinegenesysswrpg4e5egmt_two_friends_looking_for/) has more information about the kind of game we're looking for.

You can contact either Az or myself on reddit, or me through these forums. Thanks!
Well you can simply apply in the calendar if you wish to. I know its clunky and not really convenient but if i get 4 people ready to go, we can do it tomorrow.

Haerilis
December 5th, 2018, 12:20
I'm really interested! If you can make it on thursday can be on it! (Any time is fine! after 18PM GMT+1, im from Italy)
Text games are perfect for me, I'm a deaf guy and I really want to play D&D 5e!

Tell me if this's fine :ninja:
My email for contact is: mcormagi[at]gmail.com

I consider myselft a good role playing gamer ;)
(If you count me, i'm up for a ranger position :cool:)

p.s. I have the steam "standard" version of FG, hope it's all'right and I can't join tomorrow (not at home) :cry:

Ok added you, but so far its only you and Lypse who signed up . If i dont get more answers before tomorrow i'll postpone it.

Quothcraft
December 5th, 2018, 13:13
Hey Im interested in joining in. Iv been wanting to play Srahd since it came out but never had the chance.
Iv played in a few text games before as DM and player.

Iv got an idea for a Cleric of Light Terbaxi but Im happy to flesh out the party which ever way it needs.

Haerilis
December 5th, 2018, 16:57
Hey Im interested in joining in. Iv been wanting to play Srahd since it came out but never had the chance.
Iv played in a few text games before as DM and player.

Iv got an idea for a Cleric of Light Terbaxi but Im happy to flesh out the party which ever way it needs.

You are welcome.

TrinityAmad
December 5th, 2018, 18:06
Ok added you, but so far its only you and Lypse who signed up . If i dont get more answers before tomorrow i'll postpone it.

Well tomorrow I can't.
Like I already said, I'm away from home.

Haerilis
December 5th, 2018, 18:40
Ok postponing to next week, i havent got everyone answers anyway.

GunnarGreybeard
December 6th, 2018, 12:49
I went ahead and applied on the calendar but the times are so close to my current schedule that I may not be available the whole time. If you get enough players I can be an alternate and can jump in when needed if that would work?

Haerilis
December 6th, 2018, 19:01
I went ahead and applied on the calendar but the times are so close to my current schedule that I may not be available the whole time. If you get enough players I can be an alternate and can jump in when needed if that would work?

We can try to make it work. Anyway quite a few people signed up ,i am 100 % sure lypse will join, pretty sure Trinidad and Quothcraft will , but as for the others i dont even have any idea who they are, there's not even one post on the forums...Other DM usually overbook their sessions as its hard to meet reliable people. IF half of the people on the list join it will be good enough :)

TrinityAmad
December 7th, 2018, 14:49
TrinityAmad, not Trinidad XD

Haerilis
December 7th, 2018, 15:14
TrinityAmad, not Trinidad XD

Yes... i guess i need some sun and beaches.

Haerilis
December 8th, 2018, 13:12
So far i got lypse playing aasimar paladin, GunnarGreybeard playing rock gnome paladin, Quothcraft cleric and TrinityAmad ranger. Would be nice if you guys could tell me which templates are you picking for those. I sent PM to the other people, but had no answers yet.

GunnarGreybeard
December 8th, 2018, 13:28
Looks like we already have a Paladin and Ranger so I'll rethink my 1st and 2nd choices and consider a Wizard or Rogue instead although I would prefer NOT to be a full spellcaster if at all possible.

Haerilis
December 8th, 2018, 14:11
Seems no one want to play spellcasters in 5E , cant blame them, they start too weak , like in every D&D previous editions. And you wont see high levels before a while if ever..

GunnarGreybeard
December 8th, 2018, 14:18
I never really liked Spellcasters going all the way back to the original version. That and I have not played 5e as a player for probably 2+ years (and about 1 year as a DM) so I need to relearn some stuff to play on that side of the table. Wouldn't want the party to have to rely on a caster that wasn't 'up to speed' and able to play to my full ability.

Aristoplates
December 8th, 2018, 21:24
Hi there. I would opt for the spellcaster. Never played Curse of Stradh and would love to join. Balderic is a Lightfoot Halfling, former Inspector of Neverwinter City Guard. Searching for criminals year after year he entered into a pact with a being from the Feywild, helping him solving crimes.

PhorgottenSon
December 9th, 2018, 03:04
I would be remiss if I did not warn people about this particular DM, although my experience with him is only as another player at the table instead of him being the DM. He has no understanding of the difference between good and evil and will make fun of your autism. He believes that players cooperating with each other means he gets to do whatever he wants and bullies the other players into going along with it because disagreement with him is not cooperating. He took player agency away from other players as a player, I doubt he can be trusted to not take it away from players as a DM.

Personally, I would still clear of this person even if he was the only DM on the planet.

Quothcraft
December 9th, 2018, 11:43
Oh, haven't been watching the forums, was expecting a pm. Is there a discord group being setup? Be easier to make arrangements etc trough that, unless we're using this forum for the whole campaign?

On train ATM, will fill in more details of character later on as needed. Going with light though if I hadn't already mentioned.

Haerilis
December 10th, 2018, 14:28
Hi there. I would opt for the spellcaster. Never played Curse of Stradh and would love to join. Balderic is a Lightfoot Halfling, former Inspector of Neverwinter City Guard. Searching for criminals year after year he entered into a pact with a being from the Feywild, helping him solving crimes.

The character would fit in no problem however you told me you cant join this session yet. I already postponed once, hopefully you will be able to join next one.

Haerilis
December 10th, 2018, 14:31
Oh, haven't been watching the forums, was expecting a pm. Is there a discord group being setup? Be easier to make arrangements etc trough that, unless we're using this forum for the whole campaign?

On train ATM, will fill in more details of character later on as needed. Going with light though if I hadn't already mentioned.

I am not used to discord much, but ill try to setup a group if you think that's more convenient.

Haerilis
December 10th, 2018, 14:51
I would be remiss if I did not warn people about this particular DM, although my experience with him is only as another player at the table instead of him being the DM. He has no understanding of the difference between good and evil and will make fun of your autism. He believes that players cooperating with each other means he gets to do whatever he wants and bullies the other players into going along with it because disagreement with him is not cooperating. He took player agency away from other players as a player, I doubt he can be trusted to not take it away from players as a DM.

Personally, I would still clear of this person even if he was the only DM on the planet. You can do better, this hobby deserves better, humankind deserves better.

As it worries some of my players , i reported this guy for harassment; He was expelled from another group Aedum i am part of , for disruptive behavior. You can ask every member of that group(DM is Gruber) they will confirm what i said. No one wanted to play with this guy anymore .

Aristoplates
December 10th, 2018, 15:02
Hi, ok. Perfect. Next session on Thursday 20th as well as all future Thursdays I will be able to join.

Arcantrix
December 10th, 2018, 23:07
I'd be interested if you're still looking for another, and have no issue with playing a spellcaster in 5e.

Haerilis
December 10th, 2018, 23:34
I'd be interested if you're still looking for another, and have no issue with playing a spellcaster in 5e.

Sure will, many subscribed but not everyone answered. You are welcome.

GunnarGreybeard
December 11th, 2018, 08:32
For anyone who has signed up and has access, please update the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3270) with any character information you have so far, at least the race/class so those who are still working up ideas have an idea of the group makeup.

tasidar25
December 11th, 2018, 08:42
I'm down for that timeslot.

Red Quill
December 26th, 2018, 00:09
Do you already have a full group? Text-only Curse of Strahd is exactly what I’m looking for right now. If you posted a start time, I keep missing it. I see you’re six hours ahead of me here in EST.

kryptoknight
December 26th, 2018, 03:52
Are you still needing players for this or are you all full?

GunnarGreybeard
December 26th, 2018, 13:11
Do you already have a full group? Text-only Curse of Strahd is exactly what I’m looking for right now. If you posted a start time, I keep missing it. I see you’re six hours ahead of me here in EST.
If the GM keeps the same schedule we have been, it's 1PM for me in CST so should be 2PM for you.

GunnarGreybeard
December 26th, 2018, 13:14
Are you still needing players for this or are you all full?
Due to some schedule changes in my RL, I may need to drop out after the New Year (actually starting the week of the 7th) so the slot I am holding should open up. I would PM the GM directly and ask him though, he may have had others sign up recently.

Haerilis
February 7th, 2019, 17:14
Could use one more player as replacement for manaku , as he's obviously too busy with his bride now.