PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] 5e Weekly looking for 3-6 players Homebrew:"Reign of the Fallen" interest check

Tylindell28
November 29th, 2018, 20:11
License: Ultimate, free for anyone to play
Frequency/Start Date: Weekly, to be decided
Time Zone: DM is on Eastern, hopefully 4 or more hours each session, time tbd
Voice/Text: Discord for voice communications
Combat to Roleplay: Entirely dependent on the party

"You are my eyes, Elektra, and I am your shield. Together we're going to tear them down, piece by piece." -Thomas

Reign of the Fallen: The gods fall silent as their creations ravage the peoples of the world. War, pain, sacrifice, hunger and disease spread across the face of the world as those Angels, once loyal to the will of the gods, have turned from them and decided to make manifest their own wills. The Fallen are reaping the souls of dying men and using them to corrupt the flesh of the living into creatures of hideous nature. Now armies of these half demon men arise, not in the name of the creators, but in the name of their corruptors and wage war against all else. These fierce creatures with a monstrous appetite have been referred to as dragonborn, tiefling, lizardfolk, and all other manner of names, but the one thing they all have in common is the terror and death they mindlessly spread in the names of their corruptors. In the face of such horror and insurmountable odds, a few unlikely adventurers have made a pact in the quiet of the night to fight for mankind. These adventurers, good and evil, lawful and chaotic, pious and agnostic, have sworn an oath to one another to rise above personal beliefs and make war on the god-touched in the name of mankind, indiscriminately slaying angel, demon, and anything in between at every opportunity to end the reign of the Fallen.

"We don't take risks, and we don't make compromises. They will all die, and we're gonna kill 'em." -Elektra

Hello audience. It's been a few months since I've been on the forums and I'm considering hosting this campaign, but will not stream it. All you need is discord (free), demo fg (free), and a love for dnd (typically at the price of having a social life). I have the PHB, MM, Xanathar's, Volo's, and my own module that I've been working on for some time called "Broken World Factions". This campaign takes place in the same world, but much further back in time, as my last campaign lfg post titled "Shatterpoint of the Revenant". The players I got for that campaign are still playing it, but I wanted to explore the world in its earlier days long before the cataclysm. For quick reference: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41612-LFP-5E-LF2-players-Shatterpoint-of-the-Revenant-(Homebrew)-Weekly-Sunday

Personally, I'd like to skip most of the early level stuff and let the party start of as characters with some experience under their belts. So you guys will be starting at 5th level. A word of caution though: you may easily handle some encounters while others may have you on your knees. Wage war at your own peril. There will be no character creation limitations on what is provided by the modules I have, though some choices might put you into difficult roleplay situations. Characters are made during session 0, and you can roll for stats twice (4d6 drop the lowest for each stat, and place them where you want) and choose which set you want, or use my 32 point buy system where 16 is the highest before racial traits. You can even roll for stats twice, and then fall back on point buy if you don't like either set. You can take feats instead of ability score improvements. My "Broken World Factions" mod has 11 new feats, two new classes (the Lich and Deathknight), and a new race (the Therianthrope) that you can choose from. None of it is balanced or edited by anyone else, so you may or may not agree with the content and are not at all forced to use any of it. I will primarily be using it for the slew of NPCs I've made for the world setting, based off of others found in the PHB/MM and inspired by various real world superstitions and religions. This is a serious game, though I love laughter and light hearted adventuring, and may get quite dark at times. There are some lines that I will never cross in a DnD game, but this isn't Lost Mines of Phandelver. The world is dangerous, and your enemies cruel. Be prepared to hate the bad guys. PVP is absolutely unnaceptable in almost any situation. The point of this campaign is that the world has become desperate enough that a holy paladin might forsake his oath to work with an evil warlock or death knight for the greater good of avoiding extinction and ending slavery. I want my players to play what they will have fun playing, and not what they think the party 'needs', because "the only way to do DnD wrong is by not having fun" -my DM. You guys worry about having fun, and I'll worry about combat balance. If you have any questions at all, or are interested in playing this, please post here. If 3 people are interested, I will run the game. As stated above, the day/time we play will have to be decided by the schedules of those interested. I look forward to your responses. As always, new players welcome.

Travellintroll
November 30th, 2018, 09:19
I would be very interested if it could be scheduled for Friday or Saturday night. Unfortunately, that is the only time I am available. Please let me know.

Lord_Blackrose
November 30th, 2018, 18:49
I would be interested as well. My schedule is pretty flexible.

lennykey
November 30th, 2018, 21:01
Would love to join.. if games are on Saturday starting at 8:30pm EST or later (family/children obligations) but please be patient, new to FG - trying my best to get away from R20

Gilafron
November 30th, 2018, 23:10
Hi, I'm interested. I'm in EST as well. It'd have to be evenings or weekdays, weekends are typically more available. Sounds like an interesting world. I'm somewhat new to 5e and FG, but I'm learning it. I played all the way back on 1e and recently am getting back into RPG.

Tylindell28
December 1st, 2018, 00:34
@Gilafron well i'm honored to say welcome back to DnD!

@Lennykey absolutely no problem. My tables are always new player-friendly. Welcome to the superior platform btw.

So far most people are saying they're available in the evenings, but I'm getting a diverse response where the day is concerned. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for their interest. I think its so cool to see so many interested. I will try to schedule this game so that as many of you can get in as possible. If I do not pm you with an invite to our discord, then please don't be disheartened, and keep an eye out as I may be setting up a different campaign in the same world in the near future. To all, happy delving.

Gilafron
December 1st, 2018, 00:56
Thanks. My message was a little unclear. I meant to say that I'm available evening weekdays, or days/evenings weekends.

WholeLottaLotti
December 1st, 2018, 01:35
I’ve got a party of 3 (self included) that would be interested!

Daytime Saturdays and Sundays weekly or biweekly- whatever works for you!

Mytherus
December 1st, 2018, 03:03
Looks like I late to post and you have a lot of interest already however, I'm very interested. I haven't played any table top RPG in over 20 years (way back then I played all the time -- was even a DM for a few years) so I'm just now trying to jump back into the hobby. That said I'm seeking my first game using Fantasy Grounds.
I'm in the Eastern time zone as well.

Time/schedule: Weekly or bi-weekly I'm ok with. I'm ok with a weekday OR weekend play session, but if you gave me a choice -- I'd say weekday. Anyway schedule based on day that's picked : M-Thur 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm; Fridays 6:30 pm - 11:30 pm. Saturday (Pick a time between 12 noon and 11 pm), Sundays (Pick a time between 12 noon and 8 pm)

Any other info you need let me know.

lennykey
December 1st, 2018, 13:44
@Gilafron well i'm honored to say welcome back to DnD!

@Lennykey absolutely no problem. My tables are always new player-friendly. Welcome to the superior platform btw.

So far most people are saying they're available in the evenings, but I'm getting a diverse response where the day is concerned. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for their interest. I think its so cool to see so many interested. I will try to schedule this game so that as many of you can get in as possible. If I do not pm you with an invite to our discord, then please don't be disheartened, and keep an eye out as I may be setting up a different campaign in the same world in the near future. To all, happy delving.

I'm not new to D&D.. just new to Fantasy Grounds.. so please be patient with my learning of the platform..

Silentagenda
December 1st, 2018, 17:47
Very interested, just getting back into D&D

DarkRook
December 1st, 2018, 18:56
I'm interested in this I can do weekends or most weeknights very flex able with character

Tylindell28
December 2nd, 2018, 02:59
Yes I understood. You're fine

Tylindell28
December 2nd, 2018, 03:00
I appreciate all of your interest, but slots filled up quickly. I hope you all find games that you enjoy.

smpotter297
December 2nd, 2018, 15:30
Hy Tylindell28,

Thank you for the discord server invite via PM. The invitation link seems to be expired. Would you mind sending me another? I tried replying in PM to you but FG indicated you were out of PM space and wouldn't allow the reply to go through.

welcum2goodbrgr
December 12th, 2018, 01:46
I may be interested in playing if there is still an opening. I have been playing 5e for about 6 months now and have really been getting into learning the rules and mechanics. I would be available most nights after 6 my time. Message me if you still have any openings