PDA

View Full Version : Gm looking for Playesr for Asension Dnd 5E Game

JasonHoppes
November 29th, 2018, 19:52
FG License: I have Ultimate, so players should only need the Demo License.
Game System: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition. Rippers, Weird War Rome, Weird War 1, Weird War 2.

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Wednesdays 5pm-10pm
If new game, planned start date: 14th of August, though i have a feeling it will mostly serve as a session 0
Planned Duration & Frequency: 5 hours every week
Term: at least 6 months, Going through Rippers 1913-1914, then Weird war 1, back to rippers then Weird War 2.

Text or Voice: Both
Voice software used: Discord for voice. Channel Link: https://discord.gg/9SgUjUk
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?
Yes, i will be recording this and using for inspiration to write stories off of.

Roleplay & Combat mix: it will be 50% roleplay and 50% combat
Number of Players in game & needed: 3 players so far looking for up to 15
Character starting level & equipment: Novice, no advances
Character restrictions: Humans and 2 campaign specific races only.

Details of your scenario: The year is 1913, one year before the outbreak of WW1. The Vunators (Rippers) old enemies are on the rise, our heroes are assigned to the task of undermining the Cabal and New Dawn at every opportunity and gather strength for the coming storm...

Now for the specifics: This game takes place 27 years after a prior Deadlands game based around the Darktower series, so there may be a few references to it here and there, but for the most part that adventures dangers have ended. I did some edits to the Rippers setting and fast forwarded to 1913. The Rippers are known as the Vunators. The Old Worlders are called Jaegers, they are based in Germany and are undercover as the Huntsman's Club. Frazier's Fighters are called Lawrence's Fighters and are based in Istanbul. They are undercover as Lawrence Expeditions. The Slayers are still the Slayers and are based in London, undercover as E Shipping. The Masked Crusaders have been completely rebranded as SIS or Supernatural Investigation Service. They are based in the USA and are undercover as the Special Investigation Service. (investigate supernatural crimes in US, and at the request of US agencies abroad as well.) The Order of St. George is now the Twilight Legion and is based in Rome. They go undercover as Twilight Scholars. The Rosicrucians are now the Shadowstalkers and have been reintegrated into the Vunators, but still lack a home lodge. They are also lacking an undercover name, and are often wanderers. The Witch Hunters are now the Hexhunters and are based in Paris. They are undercover as Knights of Wisdom.

New Races:
Blood of Orion: Half werewolf. Every once and a while a half-blood werewolf will emerge, either through curse, choice or familial bloodlines. Unlike the Blood of Cain, the Blood of Orion does not dilute through the generations, although it is far more easily removed through divine and scientific means, for total blood transfusions can over time end the curse. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE NEW TO SAVAGE WORLDS! Essential functions as a tough brawler type character with a buffed (and more prone to backfire) frenzy ability and terribly weakened against silver. (full effects available upon request)

Blood of Cain: "Thin blooded vampires, not sure if I trust them yet…" (Maxwell Brighton, Head of the Slayers) Those with the Blood of Cain gain 2 natural toughness, a skill die in stealth, a skill die in magic with 10 magic points, and a +2 to notice. They have natural claws that deal 1d4+2 damage (this damage increases at higher levels) However they also gain a natural weakness and allergy to Sunlight, although this is far less severe than in full-blooded Vampires. (-1 to all trait rolls within 6 feet of sunlight, +2 damage dealt by Solar Weapons, and -2 to resist other effects) Those afflicted with the Blood of Cain must consume 1 quart of fresh human blood, or 2 pints of animal blood each week or suffer one point of fatigue, if they opt for the human option, they lose 1 point of reason.

I am new to Fantasy Grounds but am an experienced DM, while i don't mind powerful characters (min/max, combat monsters) keep in mind that doing so will increase the difficulty for the group as a whole. If you would like more info on the world space to help create your character, just send me a message either here or on the discord channel. I do expect a character with a solid background. Feel free ask for assistance if you need it.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3558

Lord_Blackrose
November 30th, 2018, 19:10
I would be interested in you game I have signed up on the calendar as well.

JasonHoppes
December 2nd, 2018, 04:58
excellent, am happy to have you, I have already updated the calendar page, if you have any questions or need any assistance please pm me here, or on the discord which is linked in the original post.