PDA

View Full Version : SLA Industries Mod

Mainframemouse
July 26th, 2006, 10:10
Firstly let me say how impressed I am about FG.
I've borrowed a friends copy to experiment with and see what it can do.

I'm fortunately from a programming background and the XML forms work very well. Better technical documentation would be lovely but from what I've read FG is still work in progress and there are big changes ahead. So I see the reluctance to sendout documentation that may change in a months time.

So I've got a few questions before I spend £60+ on licenses.

1) I'm 60% through making the SLA character sheets, using the current XML structure. And will have most of the ruleset running in a week or so. Will the exsisting sheets, ruleset be usable in the 1.06?

2) Will there be better documentation available with 1.06

3) Can we have a sneak peek of what will be available in 1.06

4) I read somewhere a client can only have one character, my group has 2 players sharing one computer and thus one client. Is there any way around this, will multiple characters per client be added later?

5) Anyone want a copy when I'm done

Kalan
July 26th, 2006, 14:57
Firstly let me say how impressed I am about FG.
I've borrowed a friends copy to experiment with and see what it can do.

I'm fortunately from a programming background and the XML forms work very well. Better technical documentation would be lovely but from what I've read FG is still work in progress and there are big changes ahead. So I see the reluctance to sendout documentation that may change in a months time.

So I've got a few questions before I spend £60+ on licenses.

1) I'm 60% through making the SLA character sheets, using the current XML structure. And will have most of the ruleset running in a week or so. Will the exsisting sheets, ruleset be usable in the 1.06?

2) Will there be better documentation available with 1.06

4) I read somewhere a client can only have one character, my group has 2 players sharing one computer and thus one client. Is there any way around this, will multiple characters per client be added later?

5) Anyone want a copy when I'm done

The biggest reason for the 2.0 delay is the fact they want to make sure that all the hardwork done by the community is not invalidated by the new version of FG. So take solace that all your hardwork on this project should work just dandy with the new version :)

As for dox...The rumour is that we'll have complete "official" documentation with the new version :)

Can't help ya with the rest of it ;)

Good luck :D

Cousin Vinny

Mainframemouse
July 26th, 2006, 16:38
The mod is coming allong nicely

Stats with calculated hit points
Skills pages
Ebon abilities (still need to sort out flux calculations)

Still a way to go, but its looking good.

Anyone else done a BIG system conversion?

unimatrixzero
July 26th, 2006, 20:50
Curse you!! :)

I too have started work on a SLA mod, Albeit only the gfx and UI at the moment. I'm no .xml expert but was willing to put in the time to create a decent mod. Looks like I'm too late. Ah well I have a number of other projects to fall back on.
Hope all goes well,
Good luck with the mod!
Any chance of any screenies? I wouldn't mind checking out the progress to date.

Later
Uni

Mainframemouse
July 27th, 2006, 09:28
Main screen only has basic stats, Might change it to include weapon data.
Need to add initiative phases

The two sets of PV and ID are house rules for stacking armour, (ie Padquil Vest over Striker Motorbike armour)
https://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i307/mainframemouse/fg_sla/char_screen_1.jpg

Skills screen can have upto 30 skills, will have to make a second skill page (my main char has over 40 skills)

https://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i307/mainframemouse/fg_sla/char_screen_2.jpg

Ebon skills has a static data for powers.
https://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i307/mainframemouse/fg_sla/char_screen_3.jpg

The supplimentary tab will be for advantages and disadvantages.

I'm playing with dragging character sheets into a combat tackers, automatic hit point deductions.

Also need to change all the fantasy style icons.

Once up and running I'll ask Jared and the nightfall guys if they are okay with me posting the mod on line.

Azrael Nightstar
July 29th, 2006, 09:15

3) There's a thread in the House of Healing with a bit of info on what to look for. I think it'd be nice to have one in the announcement forum... keep meaning to ask for that.

4) The client only supports using one character, but there are a couple ways around this. It's not officially recommended (and might be a pain in the ***, haven't tried it myself) but you can run two instances of the client at the same time, each with a different character, signed into the same game. The better approach is probably to use sharable character sheets. Just add the <sharable /> tag to charsheet.xml under the chief windowclass. It'll look like this:

<windowclass name="charsheet">
<datasource name="charsheet" />
<defaultsize width="550" height="685" />
<defaultposition x="402" y="50" />
<minimize />
<nodelete />
<playercontrol />
<sharable />

Then the GM just shares the sheet for the second character with the two-player user. It works rather well, really, but formal support for playing more than one character with one client is also planned.

Mainframemouse
July 31st, 2006, 08:56
Azrael Nightstar you are a star. Thanks ;-)