PDA

View Full Version : PHB/DM/MM Updates

GarthGiantbane
November 29th, 2018, 18:23
Here's a question for those in the know -

I know that the errata is not updated in the various WotC books but if they release a new set of 5th Edition manuals with the latest errata included - would the FG books get updated?

I'm only asking because I saw a video today (11/29) from Dungeons & Dragons with Jeremy Crawford and I think he said they are producing a boxed set of the manuals fully updated for Christmas.

Thanks,
Garth

LordEntrails
November 29th, 2018, 18:37
Yes, if you track the 5E bug threads or the version release notes you will see that when new errata gets released, the FG "books" get updated.

esmdev
November 29th, 2018, 18:38
The most recent errata was updated on WotC earlier this month and FG was updated shortly after.

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/sage-advice/errata-november-2018

edit: added link

GarthGiantbane
November 29th, 2018, 20:15
Sweet!

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize they kept up with the errata releases.

FG is the bomb! :)

Garth

Trenloe
November 29th, 2018, 21:37
The usual process (but every dev and product line can do things differently) is to follow officially released errata. In general, updates won’t be made to FG material from social media posts - e.g. guideance for a specific rule in a forum - until that is made official via errata. But, like I say, this can vary from dev to dev and product line to product line - and there are always exceptions.