PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Plus Extension

darrenan
November 28th, 2018, 07:09
This extension modifies the Calendar window. In the lower right corner, next to the "All Logs" button is a new button that toggles between the calendar view and a new timeline view:

In the timeline view, all of the calendar log entries are displayed in chronological order in a scrollable list:

And the players can use this view as well:

Rulesets Currently Supported: CoreRPG, 3.5E, PFRPG, Cypher System, Numenera, The Strange, 4E, 5E, MoreCore, DORCore, Fate Core, PFRPG2

History:

11/27/20180.1Initial Beta
11/28/20181.0Official Release. See notes in post #3.
11/29/20181.1Add some guardrails in the code to hopefully prevent some script errors we were seeing last night.
11/29/20181.2Add sfrpg ruleset (Starfinder).
2/23/20191.3Fix edge case bug where multiple log entries for the same day could be created when the All Logs list window was open.
5/11/20191.4Fix bug in year comparison where it was using the year for the first item for both sides of the comparison.
9/25/20201.5Play nicer with other extensions, specifically Moon-Tracker, but it now overrides much less of the calendaring infra than before.
10/30/20201.6Remove all <ruleset> specifications from extensions.xml. NOTE: Still only works with CoreRPG-based rulesets!!!
12/7/20201.7Fixed updating of date headers for new timeline entries.[/B]
12/16/20211.8Compatibility fix for 4.1.12.[/B]
06/16/20231.9Compatibility fix for 4.4.0.[/B]

FGU users get it from The Forge. (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/82/view)
FGC users download: 50361

Bidmaron
November 28th, 2018, 12:01
Man, I've been wanting a timeline forever. Can't wait to check it out.

darrenan
November 28th, 2018, 22:27
v1.0 Official Release
Fixed first-time view scrolling bug.
Add launch message to chat window.
Verified it works with, and added support for: 4E, MoreCore, DORCore, Fate Core, PFRPG2.

I do not own BRP, Call of Cthulhu, Castles and Crusades, or Savage Worlds. If any of these rulesets are built on top of CoreRPG, you have my permission to crack open this extension, add the appropriate <ruleset> tag to extension.xml, and test for compatibility. I would only ask that you send the updated extension back to me so I can make it available here.

RolemasterClassic and Star Wars:Edge of the Empire are not built on top of CoreRPG and this extension will not work with those rulesets.

There is a weird bug using this extension with 4E. The first time you open the calendar you will see both views (calendar and timeline) rendered on top of each other. No other ruleset seems to exhibit this issue, and clicking the toggle button makes it go away. I'm not going to spend any effort trying to figure out the root cause of this issue since the workaround is so easy. As with the previous note, if you are familiar with the 4E ruleset and want to try to figure out why this happens, you have my permission and blessing. Again, just make sure the fixed extension makes its way back to me so I can share it here.

madman
November 28th, 2018, 23:46
I added starfinder to it and it seems to work just fine.

darrenan
November 29th, 2018, 18:52
We were seeing script errors on the player side last night, so I added some guardrails in the code to hopefully prevent that. v1.1 is now in post #1.

darrenan
November 29th, 2018, 18:58
@madman Can you paste the exact <ruleset> tag you added for Starfinder so I can add it to the extension? Another ruleset I don't own...

madman
November 29th, 2018, 19:41
......sfrpg......my phone is fing with me all caps

darrenan
November 29th, 2018, 20:36
v1.2 with Starfinder support added to post #1.

madman
November 29th, 2018, 22:42
<ruleset>
<name>SFRPG</name>
</ruleset>

Sorry My phone would not let me do all caps

Madman..

darrenan
November 30th, 2018, 00:18
oh, does it not work the way it is right now?

Kalua
December 1st, 2018, 01:11
Nice work!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be compatible with the Moon Tracker Extension managed by @Andraax (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46672-Andraax-Moon-Tracker-Extension). It would be cool if they could both load together.

Andraax
December 1st, 2018, 01:30
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be compatible with the Moon Tracker Extension managed by @Andraax (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46672-Andraax-Moon-Tracker-Extension). It would be cool if they could both load together.

I'm working on that.

paladiusdarkhelm
February 23rd, 2019, 19:03
@Andraax, were you able to resolve the compatibility issues between the moon tracker and this calendarplus extension?

darrenan
February 24th, 2019, 03:23
v1.3 attached to post #1. Fixes a bug where multiple log entries for a single day could be created if the All Logs window was open.

Kelrugem
February 24th, 2019, 04:04

garrion_sw
May 9th, 2019, 19:19
I'm having a sorting problem with your extension log. I tried to fix it myself but my coding is not sufficient to decipher the cause and correction needed. The problem is that your "Timeline View" does not account for the year when ordering the list. It uses Month primarily and day secondarily.
For example I have 3 entries: Jan. 15, 1902; May 6, 1902; and Jan. 1, 1903.
The "log" has them ordered correctly, but in "Timeline View" it has them ordered: 1 Jan, 1903; 15 Jan, 1902; and 6 May, 1902.

Thanks for any help with this. I liked this extension and wanted to use it in my campaign but I could never get the dates to order correctly. I stopped trying to use it thinking that my log was "corrupted" since it was an ongoing campaign with entries put in a various stages. However I revisited it and discovered that this hold true on a fresh campaign calendar too.

darrenan
May 9th, 2019, 23:06
I'll have to do some testing when I get home tonight. At first glance it seems like the code should be doing the right thing.

darrenan
May 11th, 2019, 16:49
Version 1.4 is now attached to post #1. This fixes the reported issue with year comparisons.

garrion_sw
May 13th, 2019, 17:56
Thanks a lot. I'll get to using this routinely now and let you know if I come across anything else.

darrenan
July 23rd, 2019, 21:38
No update to this extension should be needed for FG v3.3.8. If you find that is not the case, please reply here or send me a PM.

doredras
July 30th, 2020, 01:13
*dons fancy Necromancer robes*

Hey darrenan, thanks for this extension, very handy!

For anyone who finds this and wonders, Calendar Plus seems to play nicely with damned's 'Player Agency' extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54284-Player-Agency-Extension). A nice combo! There's no edit button in the Timeline view of course, but easy enough to go find the thing you want to edit in the Calendar or All Logs views.

ChipDancer
September 23rd, 2020, 04:40
Was the issue with the moon tracker ever resolved cause It's not working with this mod. Any response would be appreciated and thanks in advance! :)

darrenan
September 24th, 2020, 00:09
I don't use the moon tracker and I'm unaware of the issue you're talking about.

ChipDancer
September 25th, 2020, 04:55
I don't use the moon tracker and I'm unaware of the issue you're talking about.

It's mentioned in post #11 in this list! :)

darrenan
September 25th, 2020, 17:09
I see. I guess since Andraax said he was working on a fix, I paged it out of memory.

darrenan
September 25th, 2020, 17:29
I looked at the issue a little bit and getting the two to work together will be complicated. They're both adding UI elements to the main calendar window UI definition and overwriting the script file for that window for their own purposes. I think to get it to work correctly would either involve merging the two extensions, or having each extension provide their own script attached to the main calendar window which then calls up into the original script in CoreRPG as needed. I would need to spend some time figuring out if the latter approach would work.

ChipDancer
September 25th, 2020, 17:44
I looked at the issue a little bit and getting the two to work together will be complicated. They're both adding UI elements to the main calendar window UI definition and overwriting the script file for that window for their own purposes. I think to get it to work correctly would either involve merging the two extensions, or having each extension provide their own script attached to the main calendar window which then calls up into the original script in CoreRPG as needed. I would need to spend some time figuring out if the latter approach would work.

I thank you for looking into it and realize that if it's too time consuming, as this is a labor of love for you guys, then I can ask no further of you, but thank you either way for at least taking the time to respond in courteous manner! :)

darrenan
September 25th, 2020, 21:46
v1.5 is now attached to post #1. Should be compatible with Moon-Tracker. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

ChipDancer
September 25th, 2020, 22:01
v1.5 is now attached to post #1. Should be compatible with Moon-Tracker. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

You sir absolutely rock! Thank you so very much!

On another semi-related topic, would you by any chance know how/where the lua file is located that would allow one to change the wording/display of the date to chat button on the calendar by any chance?

(^_^)

darrenan
September 25th, 2020, 22:07
If you're referring to the string "Output Date to Chat" that can be found in strings\strings_utility.xml in the CoreRPG ruleset.

ChipDancer
September 25th, 2020, 22:57
WOOHOO!!!

THANKS ONCE AGAIN!

I just need to figure out how to get into that now!
-that and where it is...
-reverse engineer the code...

WOOT!!!

(^_^)

Lensman
October 25th, 2020, 12:36
I would like to request an update for this extension to make it compatible with the Vampire the Masquerade 5e ruleset.

Thanks for reading!
Lensman

darrenan
October 26th, 2020, 16:55
Does that ruleset change the base calendar functionality from CoreRPG? If so, I would recommend you find someone experienced with making extensions for that ruleset to see what is needed.

Lensman
October 26th, 2020, 23:39
Does that ruleset change the base calendar functionality from CoreRPG? If so, I would recommend you find someone experienced with making extensions for that ruleset to see what is needed.

Not to my knowledge, I am able to use the Generic Lunar Day Calendar extension without any problems, and the ruleset is built off of CoreRPG framework.

Hope that helps,
Lensman

darrenan
October 27th, 2020, 16:46
Have you tried using this extension with VTM? If so, what is the behavior you're seeing? This extension should be compatible with any corerpg-based ruleset, unless that ruleset also changes the calendar functionality.

Lensman
October 28th, 2020, 07:36
Have you tried using this extension with VTM? If so, what is the behavior you're seeing? This extension should be compatible with any corerpg-based ruleset, unless that ruleset also changes the calendar functionality.

Thanks for the follow-up. Turns out all i had to do was add in the ruleset in order to get it working! works like a charm now! :)

darrenan
October 28th, 2020, 17:06
Could you paste the snippet you added so I can include it in future releases?

I'm not sure why I listed all those rulesets, seems like CoreRPG should be sufficient, but apparently it wasn't.

Trenloe
October 28th, 2020, 19:19
I'm not sure why I listed all those rulesets, seems like CoreRPG should be sufficient, but apparently it wasn't.
Having CoreRPG as a ruleset will restrict the extension to campaigns just using the CoreRPG ruleset - not rulesets layered on top of that.

If you want to allow any ruleset to load the extension then use just one line: <ruleset>Any</ruleset>

darrenan
October 28th, 2020, 19:53
But that would allow rulesets not layered on CoreRPG as well, which isn't what I want.

Trenloe
October 30th, 2020, 16:00
But that would allow rulesets not layered on CoreRPG as well, which isn't what I want.
How many rulesets are actively used that aren't based on CoreRPG? Looking at the usage stats: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/entry.php?390-Fantasy-Grounds-Game-Sessions-through-May-2020 There's 2 (maybe 3) - Star Wars, WFRP (3rd edition only) and maybe DSA that aren't layered on CoreRPG, maybe 1% of the total games played on FG. I would think you're safe to set it to any ruleset, with only a small amount of fallout from those who don't read your post saying it's only for CoreRPG. Seems less work than updating the extensions every time a new ruleset comes out, otherwise this cool extensions remains off limits to people who use CoreRPG based rulesets that aren't specifically listed in the extension.

darrenan
October 30th, 2020, 16:10
Is it <ruleset>Any</ruleset> or <ruleset><name>Any</name></ruleset> ?

Trenloe
October 30th, 2020, 16:13
Is it <ruleset>Any</ruleset> or <ruleset><name>Any</name></ruleset> ?
<ruleset>Any</ruleset>

EDIT: I think a recent(ish) release made it default to all, so you can get rid of the <ruleset> section completely.

darrenan
October 30th, 2020, 16:38
Ok, version 1.6 is now attached to post #1. All <ruleset> elements have been removed from extensions.xml. Seems to work fine in Pathfinder v1 ruleset without them, so it should load in any ruleset as @Trenloe says.

Trenloe
October 30th, 2020, 16:51
Ok, version 1.6 is now attached to post #1. All <ruleset> elements have been removed from extensions.xml. Seems to work fine in Pathfinder v1 ruleset without them, so it should load in any ruleset as @Trenloe says.
Thanks so much for doing that. And for creating and maintaining this extension!

shoebill
December 6th, 2020, 18:40
Hi, I think I have found a bug. When I add an entry to the calendar (1), the date and year are not showing up on the "Timeline View" (2), although they still show up if you check the "All Logs" section (3).
As a matter of fact, the date and year were initially showing up when I did not have a year and era defined. However, the problem did not seem to be fixed after I removed the date and year.
Also, I have been going back and forth between the Calendar of Harptos (from the FG calendar module) and a Barovian calendar (found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30379-Barovian-Calendar&p=264175&viewfull=1#post264175)).
Let me know if you need more info.

darrenan
December 7th, 2020, 21:08
Hi, I think I have found a bug. When I add an entry to the calendar (1), the date and year are not showing up on the "Timeline View" (2), although they still show up if you check the "All Logs" section (3).
As a matter of fact, the date and year were initially showing up when I did not have a year and era defined. However, the problem did not seem to be fixed after I removed the date and year.
Also, I have been going back and forth between the Calendar of Harptos (from the FG calendar module) and a Barovian calendar (found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30379-Barovian-Calendar&p=264175&viewfull=1#post264175)).
Let me know if you need more info.

Confirmed in both 5E and CoreRPG. Will take a look when I have time.

darrenan
December 7th, 2020, 21:59
ok, found the issue. Version 1.7 is now attached to post #1.

shoebill
December 7th, 2020, 22:07
ok, found the issue. Version 1.7 is now attached to post #1.

I have just checked it, no issues so far. Thank you!

darrenan
February 17th, 2021, 15:47
No changes needed to support 2/16 update.

darrenan
July 23rd, 2021, 16:32
The download link in post #1 has been replaced with a link to the item in The Forge shop. Please get the extension from there.

nephranka
December 16th, 2021, 02:49
Not sure if this has been reported but there is a script error when using this ext in the new FG build out today.

rennyo
December 16th, 2021, 10:22
Can confirm it. After last update many extensions started to report errors

daddyogreman
December 16th, 2021, 18:54
Yup. I've had to disable this'un. Looks like it might be a pretty simple fix (at least the initial loading error is) but I can't find any link to the code repo or anything so even if I just exploded out the .ext and had a look, no way to get any fix back into the main repo.

darrenan
December 16th, 2021, 18:57
I will try to get an update out ASAP.

darrenan
December 16th, 2021, 20:24
v1.8 is in the Forge pipeline, and attached to post #1.

anstett
May 24th, 2022, 01:03
Question. Some how someone (I am guessing me as DM but they are all Player entries) added ALL of our chat log to the Events listing. It added it line by line. Several hundred lines of text.

Right click, delete, confirm delete, Right click, delete, confirm delete.....

Is there a way of doing a bulk delete? Even if it means nuking all Events?

Thanks,

BOB

darrenan
May 24th, 2022, 04:52
Sorry, no.

Battlemarch
January 29th, 2023, 21:11
Is there a way to enter timeline items with just the year?
I'd like to add some timeline info that occurs 100s to 1000s of years before the current date - This would be for a Middle-Earth campaign.

T.A. 2103 Some text here
That extends multiple lines

T.A. 2149 Another entry

Thanks,

Bill

darrenan
January 30th, 2023, 22:00
I don't think so. I'm just piggy backing on the data representation from CoreRPG which does entries by day.

Battlemarch
January 31st, 2023, 01:47
OK, thanks.

darrenan
April 26th, 2023, 01:41
I don't really understand your question, but it doesn't seem like this is the right forum for it. This forum is for my calendar plus extension specifically, not general FG questions.

Trenloe
April 26th, 2023, 15:09
I don't really understand your question, but it doesn't seem like this is the right forum for it. This forum is for my calendar plus extension specifically, not general FG questions.
I think they're a spammer.

nephranka
June 14th, 2023, 20:33
Ran into some errors after the update. When I open the calendar since the new update it throws errors only this ext loaded:
[6/14/2023 3:31:52 PM] [WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (logframe) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (list_timeline) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/14/2023 3:31:52 PM] [WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (logframe) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (scroll_timeline) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/14/2023 3:31:52 PM] [WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (button_viewall) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (button_calendar_view_toggle) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/14/2023 3:31:53 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (button_calendar_view_toggle) anchoring to an undefined control (logframe) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/14/2023 3:31:53 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (button_calendar_view_toggle) anchoring to an undefined control (logframe) in windowclass (calendar_main)

Montis
June 15th, 2023, 00:55
Yes, I get similar errors as nephranka with the extension active.

darrenan
June 16th, 2023, 17:01
v1.9 has been released on the Forge. This should fix the compatibility issues raised in post #63.

nephranka
June 16th, 2023, 17:06
v1.9 has been released on the Forge. This should fix the compatibility issues raised in post #63.

Thanks!