PDA

View Full Version : Assign Speaker?

Kalan
July 26th, 2006, 02:17
Ok...I was in the middle of making a mod, and I notice that I have this "Assign Speaker" tag when I goto do chat text...

How do you use this? This'd make my life a LOT easier!

Ganadai
July 26th, 2006, 04:09
In the top right corner of a personality there is a little icon, which looks like a little text bubble. When you click on it a personality is added next to your main personality you created when you open Fantasy Grounds to host a game. You can open multiple personalities and switch between them using the mouse to click on them or by pressing Shift + left/right arrow keys.

*EDIT*
Sorry, I missunderstood the question. The answers below are correct.

Toadwart
July 26th, 2006, 04:57
After you select "assign speaker" nothing seems to happen but you can now move the cursor to the top-left of that block of text and press the left arrow one more time (or I think just pressing the home key also works) Now type in the speakers name.
Your text should now look somethiing like this:

Speaker Your text block which may well
span multiple lines will now be indented
to the right of the speaker text

If you drag that text block to the chat window it will appear as if you had typed it in with the "speaker" identity selected.

kalmarjan
July 26th, 2006, 06:29
If you press tab while inside the frame you will see your text move over. Type the name you need, and you are good to go.

Note: When you use this feature by dragging, be careful that you press the ctrl key. (Narrator mode) or you will get something like this:

DM: Speaker: Your text block which may well span multiple lines will now be indented to the right of the speaker text.

Kind of sucks when that happens. It is worse if you are like me and forget to change identities, which could leave you with a crisis of the same kind. :)

Sandeman