PDA

View Full Version : SFS #1-08: Sanctuary of Drowned Delight Sat December 1 @ 6.30 PM GMT

stephan_
November 27th, 2018, 15:19
Subtier 3-4!

Just to be on the safe side, please schedule around 4 1/2 hours instead of the usual 4 hours for the game.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3-6.

In order to retrieve valuable resources necessary to repair the Wayfinders' flagship, the PCs follow-up on another team's investigative mission to a long-abandoned Starfinder Society lodge on a world in the Vast. Finding the lodge submerged and already partially flooded, the PCs quickly realize they are far from alone in the depths of the distant world's ocean.

Content in Sanctuary of Drowned Delight also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Wayfinders faction.

Written by Kate Baker

Starfinder Society Scenario Tags: Faction (Wayfinders)

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3264), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM annonoucements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome (but be aware it will be subtier 3-4)

TheNIRL
November 27th, 2018, 15:32
Chromium Cassie and Veevee are in!

Talen
November 27th, 2018, 16:54
I've applied as well...have a couple Elinor PC's so will wait to see what the party composition shakes out to be.

stephan_
November 27th, 2018, 17:24
3-4 people interested so far, so we should have a legal table.

There's usually a mechanic and at least one soldier in the party. The last time there was a distinctive lack of skills however (and a couple of bad rollls). Spellcasters are also always a possibility.

Pregen: Up to you. Soldier is usually the easiest to handle but most classes should be doable. Solarians and Spellcasters tend to be more difficult though (unless you are already familar with spellcasters from PF).

tahl_liadon
November 27th, 2018, 17:57
i am newer to sf and have only played one society game so far. i am building points to put toward a new pc by playing pregen to meet scenarios' sub-tiers.

i have immersed myself reading and understanding the classes, and am familiar to play any, so i can supplement party with any pregen.

a question: i would like to pre-build pregens (for this and any future games) on your server ahead of time before game. would you be able to arrange time for me to log on to do this? thx

stephan_
November 27th, 2018, 18:09
The games after that should be subtier 1-2, so hopefully you'll be able to build your own character soon. :)

Should you have any questions, feel free to ask, Organized Play can be confusing at first.

Talen fortunately already built the pregens (available here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42919-Starfinder-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-(Official-SFRPG-FG-format))), I'll just have to check whether the level 4s are already updated to the latest version. As long as you tell me before the game which pregen you want, I should therefore be able to import them without you having to build them.

In case you should still need the server, three possibilities:
- Most GMT evenings weekdays
- Most GMT nights (but I would not be able troubleshoot)
- The server should also be up around one hour before game time.

tahl_liadon
November 27th, 2018, 18:14
great.

if pregens have already been built (and it's a matter of instantaneously upload the stats), then the party can decide last-minute what pregen could be the best supplement. as i said, i'm confident to play whatever class.

would you pm me discord (or whatever voip you use) and alias info. (i think i had the info once as a sit-in-and-observe guest but no longer have it).

stephan_
November 27th, 2018, 18:20
Sent via Discord. if I remember to copy it, you can also find the information in the game calendar under GM Announcements.

For voice, we'll use Teamspeak.

chrisnhurd
November 27th, 2018, 19:53
Awesome! Signed up with Wex.

stephan_
November 27th, 2018, 21:58
All six spots filled.

Edit: Party composition:

2x soldier

1x drone mechanic

1x technomancer

1x pregen

1x unknown

tahl_liadon
November 28th, 2018, 14:59
depending on what “unknown” class would be, it seems i could supplement and round out party with one of these pregens: medic (healer), strategist/social (envoy), or skill monkey/pilot (operative).

thoughts?

Talen
November 28th, 2018, 15:42
depending on what “unknown” class would be, it seems i could supplement and round out party with one of these pregens: medic (healer), strategist/social (envoy), or skill monkey/pilot (operative).

thoughts?

I believe I'm the unknown. I was mistaken on the number of eligible PC I have in this tier so I'm looking at either a level 6 ysoki operative or a pregen. My preference is the operative but fine with either if the group prefers something else.

tahl_liadon
November 28th, 2018, 16:00
this is a sub-tier 3-4 — can you bring in a level 6?

Malkavian_Andi
November 28th, 2018, 16:11
this is a sub-tier 3-4 — can you bring in a level 6?Sure. But it's not the best option to do so. Playing down makes it rather easy for a high level character and possibly steals some spotlight from the low-level characters. Also, when playing down, the character gains less credits than they could within their own subtier.
Generally speaking, any character that fits in the total level-range of a scenario's tier can play, but as I said, it can unbalance the game a bit.

stephan_
November 28th, 2018, 16:25
Alright, one operative then.

Well, there's almost nothing for me too add. :)

Yes, it's subtier 3-6, so any PC in that range can play. As it is highly unlikely that the Average Party Level is enough for subtier 5-6 it will be subtier 3-4 however. That means the ysoki would have to play down.

As long as the ysoki doesn't make ALL the skill rolls I would be fine with it. Just bear in mind that 1. the ysoki would get less credits (compared to playing in-tier) and 2. the scenario will probably be a little bit easier.

So while in general I wouldn't recommend it for every game, playing one game with one out-of-tier-PC should still be fine.

Edit: While healers can be nice in SF, they are in no way required in my experience.

Talen
November 29th, 2018, 02:09
AHA! Did not realize the sanction docs for Against the Aeon Throne have been out - turns out I DO have a level 3 Kasatha Mystic. I will post ITS Log, last chronicle and xml before Saturday.

chrisnhurd
November 29th, 2018, 03:30

thoughts?

The envoy would probably be most helpful. Between my technomancer and the mechanic we have the tech skills pretty well covered and it looks like there is no space combat in this one. But of course play a character you are interested in - we ran a couple of groups recently with an almost comical lack of social skills, and while it was not ideal, we were able to complete the scenario.

tahl_liadon
November 29th, 2018, 14:57
The envoy would probably be most helpful. ...almost comical lack of social skills, and while it was not ideal, we were able to complete the scenario.

haahaa. pregen envoy4, it is then. (surprised you didn't opt for a healer).

Talen
December 1st, 2018, 09:21
Here is the xml and ITS for Volox- 3rd level Mystic. Ill send the last chronicle before game time after I scan it.

stephan_
December 1st, 2018, 17:29
The server is up.

As I accidently clicked "generate new alias" you might have to update the FG alias (see game calendar).

stephan_
December 2nd, 2018, 01:02
Chronicle drafts sent.

I will probably send out appendix 2 with the signed chronicles.

My apologies for running late again, I underestimated underwater combat.

stephan_
December 3rd, 2018, 21:16
The next game is either going to be on SAT 8th at 6.30 PM GMT or SUN 9th at 1.30 PM GMT, depending how my schedule develops during the course of the week.

The scenario is most likely going to be 1-12: Ashes of Discovery (tier 1-4). If there are new players with level 1 characters I would prefer subtier 1-2, otherwise subtier 3-4 would also work.

stephan_
December 5th, 2018, 23:57
See here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46853).