PDA

View Full Version : Iron Kingdoms Ruleset?

StormHalo
July 25th, 2006, 13:42
Hey all, I am extremely new to Fantasy Grounds but have been plugging away to try and learn the program so that I might run an Iron Kingdoms campaign.

Is there an Iron Kingdoms ruleset available for download? If not, how would I go about making the unique classes, equipment, monsters and races found within the setting?

I am struggling now to get Fantasy Grounds to save my typed story pages, which it seems loathe to do. If you have advice about pre-scripting adventures and campaigns, that'd help too.

Thanks all! :)

Griogre
July 25th, 2006, 18:47
I am struggling now to get Fantasy Grounds to save my typed story pages, which it seems loathe to do. If you have advice about pre-scripting adventures and campaigns, that'd help too.

I find it easier to cut and paste into the XML rather than FG if I have an electronic copy of the adventure. FG does have some limited cut and paste with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V, but it is pretty minimal.

Anyway the way I do it is lay out a skeleton of the adventure by placing all my seperate ecounters in the story book by their headings like 01 Entrance, 02 Guard Room, 03 Pit Trap, etc.

When I first started to learn how to make a module I took one of the free adventures off WotC's site and typed in a room or two by hand. I then closed FG and looked at the XML and then cut and pasted in a couple couple of rooms. By switching back and forth I was able to get a pretty good sense of how the XML file worked and what the tags are.