PDA

View Full Version : "new default" hotkey for all players

Rino
November 26th, 2018, 12:38
Is there a way to set "standard" hotkeys for all players.

Like:
F1 = Roll initiative
F2 = Toggle Inspiration (use inspiration / gain inspiration) (support for 2 & 3 inspiration also - as can be set in options)
F3 = Pop-up of "use HD to heal self" [like on short rest]
F4 = End Turn (i.e. player ends his turn so next in que on the CT is now the acting player)

I'd like all players to have these hotkeys, and preferable not be able to change them. If they can change them: something the GM can initiate to re-sync (i.e. overwrite those 4 hotkeys with the above again)

Nylanfs
November 26th, 2018, 12:53
Not that I'm aware of, but I think the hotkeys are stored in the character info isn't it. You could make a blank char with those setup and export it and send to all the players and tell them to use that as their base character.

Trenloe
November 26th, 2018, 13:08
The hotkeys are set in a local file related to the GMs campaign joined - in a XML file (related to the PC ID) in the player campaign cache usersettings directory.

You could do some XML editing to assign specific hotkeys to the PCs in the hotkeys XML files. But, unless you made the files read-only (which would report errors when the hotkey file needs to be saved) you can't stop players changing their hotkeys.

Rino
November 26th, 2018, 13:13
The hotkeys are set in a local file related to the GMs campaign joined - in a XML file (related to the PC ID) in the GM campaign usersettings directory.

You could do some XML editing to assign specific hotkeys to the PCs in the hotkeys XML files. But, unless you made the files read-only (which would report errors when the hotkey file needs to be saved) you can't stop players changing their hotkeys.

:)

ok, lets forget about the "can't change" - but what about auto set these hotkeys for all characters created?
are hotkeys client or character tied?

damned
November 26th, 2018, 13:25
:)

ok, lets forget about the "can't change" - but what about auto set these hotkeys for all characters created?
are hotkeys client or character tied?

Client AND Campaign.

Rino
November 26th, 2018, 13:55
So creating an extension which does this would be super difficult then?

Trenloe
November 26th, 2018, 13:57
Yeah, you'd need to modify the files on the computer of each of your players, as these are player side settings. The hotkeys XML files are stored in the <FG app data>\cache\<campaign name>\usersettings directory on each computer (once they've connected to your campaign at least once).

Trenloe
November 26th, 2018, 14:00
So creating an extension which does this would be super difficult then?
You may be able to intercept a hotkey activation with this API: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/Interface.xcp#onHotkeyActivated But I don't know if that will allow you enough control of knowing which hotkey was activated - and if it'll need a dummy hotkey action there already (I'm guessing it will).

esmdev
November 26th, 2018, 14:47
If I were in the situation I'd create a public note in the campaign with the standard hotkeys and how to set them up. I'd also explain why I want them to do this in the first place. Then it's up to them to comply or not comply.

I have players that would be happy to setup a standard and others that likely wouldn't bother with the hotkeys even if I held their hand and pushed the button for them... so you just need to keep your player's in mind too.

GavinRuneblade
November 29th, 2018, 04:52
I think esmdev's solution is pretty good. Then you can also talk players through it in the game zero of a new campaign.