PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Warhammer game

uriel222
July 25th, 2006, 11:25
Hi,

I'm new to Fantasygrounds, and I'm looking for a WFRP game. I live in Atlantic Time zone(-4GMT), but can play at any time so long as it's regular, and after 28 July. I have the books, and Teamspeak, and have been playing for years.

Thanks

uriel222
August 1st, 2006, 01:33
Sorry to do this, but I'm still looking to see if anyone is interested in a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game. I've even got the ruleset. Anybody?

Faradon
August 1st, 2006, 01:41
I just bought the new books and am itching to play as well.. but no real experience with this system so far other than a quick read.

uriel222
August 1st, 2006, 01:51
I've got some experience with the system (I used to play 1st ed, and I've read most of the books), but I've never used Fantasy Grounds before. I am still hoping there is a game out there, somewhere, or enough people interested in starting one.

Pusher
August 1st, 2006, 09:08
I'd be willing to run a game for you guys if you like. I had intended to run a Warhammer game for a different group of players but as luck would have it I became a player instead. :D

I'm in Mountain time (GMT -7) and weekends are best for me. Let me know.

uriel222
August 1st, 2006, 10:21
I'd love that. I certainly could do weekends. Heck, you could start a game right now, and I'd be in. Do you need the WFRP ruleset, or do you have your own?

Snikle
August 1st, 2006, 14:38
Maybe I am an idiot, but there some place you can purchase the Warhammer RPG in pdf? Been looking and cannot find one.

uriel222
August 1st, 2006, 15:24
I don't think they sell it that way. Games Workshop can be a little weird about copyright issues.

Snikle
August 1st, 2006, 15:32
Ah, ok thanks.

Pusher
August 1st, 2006, 20:10
uriel222,

Yep, I've got the ruleset ready to go. Another player or two and we'll set a time to get together to hash out some char gen and decide on a game day (I'm leaning towards Sundays).

Syric Blackflame
August 1st, 2006, 20:42
I am definitly interested in playing. Contact me at

[email protected]

Faradon
August 1st, 2006, 22:03
as I said above, I'm all up for playing... please send me an invite when you get the game posted.

trheel
August 1st, 2006, 22:25
I have never played warhammer except in the video game and as a table top game and use to play warhammer quest alot but i would be intrested in a game i live in est any night would probably work for me if yall be intrested in havin me

EyeBall
August 2nd, 2006, 07:56
Heh.. Looks like you might be able to get a game going afterall eh Push? Hit me up on our game forums mate, I have a few things to chat with you about concerning the other game. Cheers.

EYE

Pusher
August 2nd, 2006, 08:48
Alright people,

We have our four: uriel222, Faradon, Syric Blackflame and trheel. Let's get together for some char gen and more discussion.

Server alias: loud quill meek thug
When: Sunday, 6 August at about noon EST time. That will also be the start time when our game begins unless Sunday evening works better for the majority.

See you then.

uriel222
August 2nd, 2006, 13:06
Works for me. For the server alias, do I just type it in as exactly "loud quill meek thug" with the spaces?

uriel222
August 2nd, 2006, 14:36
Oh, and which ruleset are you using for the game? I've got WFRP from Azuregrounds Yahoo groups. Do we each need to have it installed, or does it automatically download from your server?

Pusher
August 2nd, 2006, 18:10
The server alias is typed just as you see it and my ruleset is from the Yahoo group as well. If one didn't have it then it would be automatically downloaded upon connecting to the game server.

Great ruleset. Much love to its creator, thanks.

Faradon
August 3rd, 2006, 00:41
sounds great, I'll be there.

Salar
August 5th, 2006, 08:13
Oh, and which ruleset are you using for the game? I've got WFRP from Azuregrounds Yahoo groups.

Hi all,
I'm also very interested in taking part in a WHFRP game. I appreciate that your game is full, but bear me in mind next time. :D

Also, just a quick question regarding the ruleset available from Azuregrounds. I've joined the group, avoided the tumbleweed & downloaded the latest version...which promptly crashed my version of FG. Just doesn't like it all. Does your version (which one do you use) work ok? (I presume so with all the talk of a game...)
John

Pusher
August 5th, 2006, 08:48
Salar,

If you like, meet us this Sunday at noon EST for some char gen and further discussion. There may be room for you yet.

The ruleset I'm using is WFRP2_3.01_Final and it works fine for me. Not much help, I know, sorry.

uriel222
August 5th, 2006, 13:16
The problem you're probably having is that the ruleset only works if it is in a folder labeled "WFRP2". Anything else, such as the default "WFRP2_3.01_Final" will crash. Just make sure you unzip the folder to c:\FantasyGrounds\rulesets\WFRP2, and it should work fine.

Or, alternatively, meet us tomorrow, and have it automatically download from Pusher. That'd be my preference.

Faradon
August 6th, 2006, 00:56
Speaking of...

guys, I'm military and have to go TDY for 2 weeks... (I fly out tonight)hopefully I'll have internet access and this will be a complete non-issue...

but if I can't get online with you guys it means I am stuck in some hole-in-the wall that doesn't have any internet.

wish me luck, and hope to be there tomorrow.

uriel222
August 6th, 2006, 01:23
Heh. Good luck, hope to see you there. You've got Fantasy Grounds on your laptop, I take it? I'm in the Navy myself, and I'm still trying to think of a way to play online at sea...

Snikle
August 6th, 2006, 05:53
Wow, seems we have allot of military people around here! Anyone in Colorado? Uriel222, thought they had internet out there on the boats now, not true?

uriel222
August 6th, 2006, 13:20
The problem isn't the internet. The problem is how to sneak my laptop on to the ship's LAN without my boss knowing... ;)

And we're still on for noon EST today, right? I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it, but I'll be there now.

Salar
August 6th, 2006, 22:38
If you like, meet us this Sunday at noon EST for some char gen and further discussion. There may be room for you yet.

Aaaargh!!!! Sorry Pusher, I've got family visiting & I'm doing the dutiful son thang! Many thanks anyway.

The problem you're probably having is that the ruleset only works if it is in a folder labeled "WFRP2". Anything else, such as the default "WFRP2_3.01_Final" will crash. Just make sure you unzip the folder to c:\FantasyGrounds\rulesets\WFRP2, and it should work fine.

Thanks for that. I'll have another go...

gobion
August 8th, 2006, 00:12
Hiya all,

I may have a space or two in my Warhammer group - been wanting to have a crack at it with FG and now seems as good a time as any - if you are interested, PM me. You will need a copy of at least the 2nd Ed basic bookm, but I have all the others covered (lots of lovely hardbacks!)

Will more than likely not run the first new session before the 16th August at the earliest, as the next week is a little busy - so if I don't immediately reply to the PM, it isn't because I'm ignoring you :)

Oh - I'm in the UK so gming in the evenings 19:00 BST (18:00 GMT)

Cheers,
Gobion

Syric Blackflame
August 9th, 2006, 17:18
Sorry guys I missed Sunday I was out of town for a week on buisness please let me know the next get together I am interested in joining still.

[email protected]

Salar
August 9th, 2006, 21:14
Many thanks for the advice for getting the WHFRP mod working. As you say, gotta get the folder names correct, and once that's sorted the mod looks great! Perhaps that advice could be put on the WHFRP news group? One thing I found was that for new users it's (the yahoo group) not overly (new) user friendly. More creative criticism than a whinge. (and please take it that way. :) )
All in all, I'm very impressed. One other thing is that I'm a full time student who works all weekend, therefore a weekend midday game is not probably gonna be able to see me participate. Again, this is my observation tied to my own personal circumstances and therefore should be taken in context. I would love to play, but are there any mid-week games on the go?
John

Pusher
August 10th, 2006, 08:47
Syric, meet us this coming Sunday to get your character sorted out. Noon EST. Any one else who is interested, and can make that timeslot, feel free to join us.

Server Alias: loud quill meek thug

monkeyjoe
August 11th, 2006, 03:50
I will be there if you are still looking for players. It looks like my other Sunday Fantasy Grounds game has died. Where can I get that WFRP mod at everyone speaks of?

monkeyjoe
August 11th, 2006, 04:05
Do you use the random starting career method or do we get to pick what we start out as? I would like to play a dwarf and a few of the careers look interesting.

Pusher
August 11th, 2006, 08:59
monkeyjoe,

Connecting to the server will automatically download the ruleset for you. Join us on Sunday. As for starting career, you have two options:
1) Roll twice and choose which you prefer
or
2)Use one of your starting Fate Points to simply choose the career you'd like.

monkeyjoe
August 11th, 2006, 20:01
Decisions, decisions. Time to start reading second edition. I will be there at noon.

Pusher
September 3rd, 2006, 17:53
A recruiting bump..

We're in need of a couple more players for our Warhammer game. We play Sunday evenings, 6pm EST start time. We're flexible on the time if that's an issue.

Any takers? Come on now, don't be shy.

Helbrandt
September 6th, 2006, 22:50
I would be very interested in joining your group if you'd have me. Day and time would be perfect (east coaster). Played D&D since the 80's, just got books for WFRP and been dying to try it out. Unfortunately I live in RPG purgatory where they burn these types of books
(backwoods of West Virginia) so no chance of a tabletop game. My email is:

[email protected]

Send me an email if you still have room :)

Ryan

Steelhammer
September 13th, 2006, 15:09
ok i would like to join to eventhough I live in central europe I would like to join on an experimental session this sunday the 17th...

Murdocking
October 26th, 2006, 16:55
Sorry to do this, but I'm still looking to see if anyone is interested in a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game. I've even got the ruleset. Anybody?

Hey ! I'm searching the warhammer ruleset. Can you tell me where I can Download it please ?
Thx

Drokkzz
November 27th, 2006, 21:29
I'd be interested in joining a new or existing WFRP 2nd Ed. I'm in the EST time zone.

Pusher
November 28th, 2006, 02:59
Drokkzz,

You might be in luck. I've got a solid game going at the moment with three players and could use another or two. All are in the Eastern time zone. We play on Saturdays around 7pm or so and go for three or four hours.

PM me if you're interested and can make that game day.

Pusher