PDA

View Full Version : Importing character

Haggar
November 26th, 2018, 03:17
Hi all,

Would someone be able to help me please. When we enter FG and click on the characters tab and go to Import, no options show up, rather it says to search in various folders. I have created characters under the Manage Characters tab before you enter a game. Anyone know how to locate those characters and import them into this game?

When I joined someone elses game I was able to import my character, When I created my own game I was not able to import anything.

LordEntrails
November 26th, 2018, 03:34
I don't think the GM/Host can import characters from their own Manage Characters.... like you can as a player. At least I couldn't.

Note, you can always export from Manage Characters and them Import from the xml/file. Not sure why FG behaves this way, but I think its intended...

Haggar
November 26th, 2018, 03:53
Thanks! I am the host, but the other player cant join my game. When he hosts I can join his game. Any idea why this could be?

Haggar
November 26th, 2018, 04:29
We got it, thank you! We are now in the game, As the GM I am trying to take control of a PC as well as GM the session, when I do so I am unable to put the character into the top left hand corner of the screen with the rest of the party. When I release control and give it the other player, I can then access the character just fine, but it should allow me to be owner any idea why it isnt?

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2018, 05:59
The GM-controlled characters do not appear in character list at top-left. Only characters selected by players connecting to GM session.

Regards,
JPG

Andraax
November 26th, 2018, 06:04
Open a second session, login into your host as a player (use the host name "localhost") and then take control of the character from there.