PDA

View Full Version : Repeated tokens (again)

Gothstaff
November 26th, 2018, 01:29
Hello, I've reported this before, like 3 times already.
I'm looking into tokes for the Monster manual Players module (see attached picture), and there are many tokens repeated, the black dragon is repeated 3 times.
This is the same for the DMG with apparently the exact same tokens repeated.
I'm willing to bet other modules have repeated tokens as well, please PLEASE do something about it, if something bugs me about your excellent product is how cluttered it can get (e.g. the modules), and with repeated stuff it only gets more cluttered.

LordEntrails
November 26th, 2018, 02:24
You'll notice that the tokens have different names, because the image is used on more than one NPC. I don't know its possible or not for an NPC to use a token that does not have the NPC name as the token name, but it would require significant process changes to the standard module creation process.

Also consider, if you search tokens for "shaman" do you want "goblinshaman" to show up even though it uses the "goblin" token? Everyone will probably have a different opinion, and I'm sure more use cases etc can be presented.

Anyway, any product improvement you want to suggest/request should go on the wishlist, and then a link posted to the forums when appropriate. Posting them to the forums just means that after a few days/weeks they will get lost. But posting them on the wishlist allows people to vote and comment on them and give a permanent place for SmiteWorks to track the ideas.

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2018, 03:27
Those tokens are from different data modules (probably MM and separate adventure module). Both images are loaded, because each file could be unique from different data modules. Also, they can be loaded independent of each other (ie only one loses but not the other), and possibly only one or the other could be owned.

The FG architecture doesn’t have a concept of somehow specifying tokens from different sources are the same. It would have to be a redesign of that whole token system; and migration of all data. It ends up being quite a lot of work to make this change; so definitely something for wish list.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
November 26th, 2018, 10:53
I'm looking into tokes for the Monster manual Players module (see attached picture), and there are many tokens repeated, the black dragon is repeated 3 times.
Look at the names of those tokens (mouse-over to get the tooltip text) - they are for different aged dragons: adult, ancient and wyrmling. Then, add those to a map - the tokens are all different sizes, based off the size of the related dragon's age.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25394