PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Fantasy Ground Programmer to write ruleset

DMReckless
November 26th, 2018, 00:44
Hiya FG programmers! I'm seeking a programmer to code my game system for use in Fantasy Grounds. I have everything mostly set for the rule system and the core of it is set in stone, so the programming could be done.

I'm not sure what the price on such a task would be, but imagine the workload would be a great number of hours.

The core of the game consists of 12 skills. Most every roll is 2d12+Skill Total, but there's a hiccup there: The system involved a concept called Competency, which has 7 level that each add a modifier into the skill total formula and also sets a Competency Die. The Competency Die could be a d4,d6,d8,d10,d12 or d20. Under certain circumstances, creatures can roll the Competency Die with the 2d12 and take the two best dice. If the normal 2d12 result in a 2 the Competency Die rolled and if it too rolls a 1, it's a fumble. If the 2d12 roll a 24, it's an Ace and the Competency Die is rolled and added to the 24 plus Skill Total.

Another hurdle might be Action Points and Action Types. PCs start with 10 AP and can get more later. A Quick Action takes 1, Short 3. Basic 6, and Full 9. These would need to reset each round. A Quick Action would be used to delay, so ther would need to be a way to track remaining AP during a round.

Other things/widgets to deal with are 4 Attributes & their Modifiers, 4 Defenses, Soak (Hit Points), Movement Rates, Skill Ranks, Culture & Species, Traits, Archetypes, Talents, Signs )magic Schools), Loci (Magic Powers), Advancements, Levels, Skills Specializations, Resistance/Invulnerability (12 Damage Types), etc.

It's a robust system but the core of Competencies and Action Points seem to me like the most complicated thing that would need to be programmed.

I have the system set up in a dropbox and could send a link to people who need to look at it before figuring a price.