PDA

View Full Version : Birthright anyone?

jacook
July 24th, 2006, 22:31
Birthright is an old 2nd edition D&D campaign setting. The gist is that players can be rulers, regents, heads of organizations, etc.

Players can have bloodlines that give them special abilites and help them rule their realm.

I'm thinking of starting a game of Birthright using FG, however it will not be a standard FG type session. My goal is to get some players together that want to be rulers or whatnot of their own. There won't be long, detailed adventures. Each session will be one on one, the DM (me) and a player. The players will each run their realms but will coexist in the same game world.

I hope to complete one game turn every week or maybe every two weeks. Each session with a player will consist of realm management and possibly some roleplaying of your ruler. There may be a session here and there with more than one player, when two or more regents meet for a summit or whatnot.

Anyways, just trying to judge the interest in this type of campaign.

Fire away with ideas or comments please.

trheel
July 24th, 2006, 22:51
sounds good how many regants and what area are you thinking about?

jacook
July 24th, 2006, 23:38
I'm thinking 4-6 regents.

The area is completely up to the players, I have all the books, so we can do Anuire, Ryurik Highlands, Vosgaard, Khinasi or Brechtur.

trheel
July 24th, 2006, 23:59
I prefer anure or brecht ill play if at all posiable

jacook
July 25th, 2006, 00:17
Thats one of the bonuses of this type of game, we all don't have to agree on a time to play.

nstr
July 28th, 2006, 23:37
This sounds interesting. I have all the main Birthright books as well. Only one of the adventures though.

You will be using the 2ed rules, correct? I know the official Birthright site has done a 3ed conversion.

Now I have the need to go look through my Birthright books. :)

Thore_Ironrock
July 29th, 2006, 02:18
I'm thinking 4-6 regents.

The area is completely up to the players, I have all the books, so we can do Anuire, Ryurik Highlands, Vosgaard, Khinasi or Brechtur.

Hey jacook ... what about Ilien?

... says the guy that wrote that player's guide. ;)

Tzalik
July 29th, 2006, 05:36
I always loved the birthright setting, however I prefer a mix of reagent and adventuring. I never saw a problem with the players running diffrent parts of the same realm..

Sometimes it makes sense that the thief guildmaster helps out the archbishop since he owed him a favor or two..

jacook
July 29th, 2006, 07:02
Okay, I seem to have a group who are interested. I have my personal forums here...

https://www.shadesofmidnight.net/phpBB2/index.php

The Birthright forum is at the bottom of the first section.
Lets meet there to hash out the details! I am leaning heavily toward using the 3rd edition conversion but I am open to persuasion.

See you all at my forum!

Tzalik...I am already part of a couple of FG groups that meet regularly. I won't have the time to devote a whole night to running a group of several people, thats why I want to pursue this idea of meeting individually. Adventures won't be at the forefront of this game but a small one off type adventure is not out of the question.

Thore...The Illien book is my second favorite behind Talinie, great work!

uriel222
July 30th, 2006, 12:21
Are you still accepting new players? If so, I'd love to get in on this. Birthright is one of my favorite settings, but so few other people seem to like it. One question, though: If we're spread out over the entire game world, how will we interact with each other, politically? Or is that the point?

jacook
August 8th, 2006, 22:00
Still looking for a couple more players if any are interested.

www.shadesofmidnight.net

Look for the Birthright forum.