PDA

View Full Version : Modules

EThompson03
November 25th, 2018, 18:14
I recently purchased the ultimate license and have been testing it out for D&D 5e. We noticed that classes do not have all the archetypes that are normal to the game (for example the bard could only pick one college and cleric one divinity, and wizard had no specialization). I assume if we get the PHB, this will fix this (versus every individual class DLC)?

Moon Wizard
November 25th, 2018, 18:32
Yes, the PHB add-on contains all the archetype and feat options from that book. It also contains a reference manual view of the book material as well.

The freely included SRD module only includes the SRD material, which provides one archetype per class and a single feat. There might be other differences as well between the SRD and full PHB content based on the source material.

Regards,
JPG

EThompson03
November 25th, 2018, 18:34
Yes, the PHB add-on contains all the archetype and feat options from that book. It also contains a reference manual view of the book material as well.

The freely included SRD module only includes the SRD material, which provides one archetype per class and a single feat. There might be other differences as well between the SRD and full PHB content based on the source material.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks! So what is the value of the character customization DLC? I could not figure out if that was something we should buy or not.

EThompson03
November 25th, 2018, 18:36

Regards,
JPG

Thanks! So what is the value of the character customization DLC? I could not figure out if that was something we should buy or not.

LordEntrails
November 25th, 2018, 18:52
Don't think I know what the "character customization" is. Can you provide a link? Or do you mean the various "Class Packs"? The class packs are just parts of the PHB, for people who don't want to buy the whole PHB and only want to buy an individual class. i.e. 'I'm a player and just want to get what I need to play a cleric.'

Also, be aware that the PHB only has the classes and info from the PHB. Sub classes and races from books like SCAG, Xanathar's, etc are found in those DLC products.

Moon Wizard
November 25th, 2018, 19:18
The class packs and the customization pack are for people who want to buy the PHB piecemeal. If you buy the PHB, you don’t need these.

JPG

EThompson03
November 25th, 2018, 19:28
The class packs and the customization pack are for people who want to buy the PHB piecemeal. If you buy the PHB, you don’t need these.

JPG

Thank you! Appreciate everyone's help!

Nylanfs
November 26th, 2018, 01:46
And for background info the 3e SRD was ALL of the mechanics, and virtually all of the info from the PHB, MM, & DMG (minus some protected IP names and monsters) where as the 5e SRD is more of a styleguide for publishers to make compatible sourcebooks.