PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive Manual

keltheos
July 24th, 2006, 20:44
I just DL'ed the fulll license for FG (tried the demo last week and loved it). I haven't had a chance to fiddle with the full version, but was wondering if there's a more comprehensive manual than the basic one for DL on the main site.

I scanned the wiki for the program, but even that doesn't seem to cover the basic 'how tos.' Is there something in the full version program I should reference?

Kalan
July 24th, 2006, 21:00
I just DL'ed the fulll license for FG (tried the demo last week and loved it). I haven't had a chance to fiddle with the full version, but was wondering if there's a more comprehensive manual than the basic one for DL on the main site.

I scanned the wiki for the program, but even that doesn't seem to cover the basic 'how tos.' Is there something in the full version program I should reference?
Sadly...but no there is no such beast...other than the forums there's not much documentation as yet for FG.

That said, we've been promised complete and total doc's when the 2.0 is released...I hope.

But don't be afraid to ask questions, we'll be more than glad to help :) And we don't bite...hard...and we've had our shots...well I have anyways...

keltheos
July 24th, 2006, 21:23
Thanks. One of the reasons I went with FG was that I was impressed with how helpful and knowledgeable their forums are.

keltheos
July 24th, 2006, 21:23
I'm sure I'll have several.

First, where's a good place to learn some XML coding as I'm interested in importing the Iron Kingdoms ruleset into FG.

joeru
July 24th, 2006, 22:12
Read through the tutorial linked to in this thread to get a general understanding of the ruleset modification process:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4493

Then just try modifying things one step at a time, search the forum for past answers to your questions, and if you can't find any, ask. The best way to learn is to just jump in and get your feet wet.

keltheos
July 25th, 2006, 18:59
Excellent. Thank you!