PDA

View Full Version : Xanathar's Guide to Everything

Rino
November 25th, 2018, 09:31
When I use "Xanathar's Guide to Everything", the players see normal: I enable in Library for them to see the Player sections.

But for the GM I have enabled the GM section also. So GM sees Player and GM sections. Which should be normal.

Well, on this book I see double of a ton of things as it seems like most (all ?) of Player sections are duplicated into GM sections - resulting in double in almost all lists of everything.

Super annoying!!!

How to fix this?

damned
November 25th, 2018, 10:02
When I use "Xanathar's Guide to Everything", the players see normal: I enable in Library for them to see the Player sections.

But for the GM I have enabled the GM section also. So GM sees Player and GM sections. Which should be normal.

Well, on this book I see double of a ton of things as it seems like most (all ?) of Player sections are duplicated into GM sections - resulting in double in almost all lists of everything.

Super annoying!!!

How to fix this?

Dont Load the players section on the GM instance.
Just tick it so the players can load it.

Rino
November 25th, 2018, 10:40
Dont Load the players section on the GM instance.
Just tick it so the players can load it.

that worked :)

question now is: does the GM section contain everything from the player section also?

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2018, 10:48
that worked :)

question now is: does the GM section contain everything from the player section also?

Yes. The GM modules always contain everything. The players modules only contain what the players should see or can use.

Rino
November 25th, 2018, 15:38
more questions :)

for the player when they see Xanathar's & PHB class entries. Like double for all Classes.

Does it matter which one they drag to their sheet? i.e. Does it matter if Monk from either books are dragged to the sheet? (i.e. same result)

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2018, 17:50
It shouldn't matter. But be consistent. If you start from the PHB then continue with that when they level up. Alternatively they can level up by just drag/dropping the class in the class and level dialog.