PDA

View Full Version : Disabling or getting rid of modules (which take up space and take ages to update)

lesliev
November 25th, 2018, 05:09
Is there any way to get rid of (or at least disable updates to) certain modules?

It takes FG a long time to update, mostly because it's updating modules I never use, like Fate, Numenara, 3.5e, etc.

I also bought a lot of individual monster packs before I bought the full Monster Manual - so I never use these but still,
we have to wait for each one to update. I'd like to remove these entirely.

I appreciate all the work to improve these packs but we often have to wait a good 30 minutes before a game while
updates run.

LordEntrails
November 25th, 2018, 05:30
Sorry, no.

EDIT: oh, its also sugggested never to update right before game time. Just in case something goes wrong, you don't want to lose game playing time :)

lesliev
November 25th, 2018, 10:00
The hazards of buying too much!!

Kelrugem
November 25th, 2018, 13:30
The hazards of buying too much!!

Wow, you seemingly bought a lot there :D

JohnD
November 25th, 2018, 19:13
You might want to email support - perhaps they can remove the individual monster packs and do something for you if they see you have the full MM... pure supposition on my part but it can't hurt to ask.

esmdev
November 25th, 2018, 20:13
I appreciate all the work to improve these packs but we often have to wait a good 30 minutes before a game while
updates run.

On thing you might consider is that updates almost always happen on Tuesdays, so unless your game is on Tuesdays you might consider logging into FG and doing the updates and then you'll be ready to roll on game day.

lesliev
November 29th, 2018, 09:56
Cool, thanks for the ideas everyone!

damned
November 29th, 2018, 11:57
hey lesliev if you think it is something that could/should be added in a future update visit the wishlist and search for it and if you dont find it - add an entry.
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/