PDA

View Full Version : Andraax' Moon Tracker Extension

Andraax
November 25th, 2018, 02:52
This is an extension for Fantasy Grounds that improves upon the functionality for the built-in calendar function by allowing it to track the phases for the moons in your campaign. A new button has been added to the Calendar window for configuring the moons for your campaign. Clicking this button opens up a configuration window, allowing you to add as many moons for your campaign as you wish, defining their names, phase periods, and phase shift. Once configured, clicking on any day on the calendar will display the moon phases for that day in a new panel that has been added to the calendar window.

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/2014-12-02+07_44_38-Fantasy+Grounds.png
https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/2014-12-02+07_44_54-Fantasy+Grounds.png
https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/2014-12-02+07_45_11-Fantasy+Grounds.png

This extension is designed to work out-of-the-box for all campaigns that use one of the pre-build calendars. For rulesets that use a custom calendar that requires registering for the CalendarManager events registerChangeCallback, registerLunarDayHandler, or registerMonthVarHandler, this extension will also work with a bit of additional configuration. From within your ruleset you will need to make sure that the above registrations occur after the extension has been loaded. A good way to do this is to register the Interface.onDesktopInit event and to register your callbacks with the CalendarManager within this function.

This extension was originally written by DMFirmy. With his permission, I have taken over the maintenance of this extension.

Oberoten
November 25th, 2018, 04:53
Glory be. :) Moonbound fey in our modern campaign will be quite pleased at the more speedy checks on moon-phases. (We ended up using nasa's moon-phase images for a bit. )

- Obe

ThatsSoNoc
December 25th, 2018, 14:25
I have been waiting for this to be updated (Yay!) thank you for getting this extension working again.

Using v.3.3.7

For rulesets that use a custom calendar that requires registering for the CalendarManager events registerChangeCallback, registerLunarDayHandler, or registerMonthVarHandler, this extension will also work with a bit of additional configuration. From within your ruleset you will need to make sure that the above registrations occur after the extension has been loaded. A good way to do this is to register the Interface.onDesktopInit event and to register your callbacks with the CalendarManager within this function.

In English please, for those not yet speaking the lingo. I am using 5e Rules set to govern the campaign.

I do have a custom calendar for my home brew world/universe, and I only one moon. For simplicity, I have a calendar of 12 months of equal length (30 days). And a period for that moon of 30 days from full moon event, to full moon event. However, the moon calendar default starts the first day of the first month, with a new moon (dark moon) event, and will not allow me to adjust that default starting moon phase to match existing cannon. Can I do this? If so how?

I understand - or I think I do - what 'period' means, however, I am not sure what 'shift' does for the configuration. Can you give examples of how you might use this extension? EDIT: I have since been able to look up the meaning of shift online - Thank-you Wikipedia. However, the issue with starting the year with a New Moon event remains.

Either way, great work. I commend you for taking up the banner from DMFirmy (who I hope has recovered from his automobile accident), and running with it.

Minor niggle - using the Theme: 5e - Wizards is causing the first editable line to be buried up in the title bar, when the configuration window opens - it was hard to see but, I found it. In the standard 'Dark Leather' Theme it is perfect. I am thinking that this might be a spacing issue?

ThatsSoNoc
December 25th, 2018, 14:53
Pardon the second post - I have noticed an unusual behaviour with this extension.

When the calendar rolls over to a new year, the moon phase will jump to 'New Moon' regardless of the previous day's moon phase. Is this related to the default moon phase being set to "New Moon" for the first day of the first month?

E.G.: Last day of the the year the moon is "Waxing Gibbous", the very next hour (11pm to 12am), this would be the beginning of the first day of the following year, moon's phase is "New Moon" (Dark).

Andraax
December 25th, 2018, 15:11
Since it's a custom calendar, it requires a custom lunar day handler to handle proper changes when the year changes; I'm guessing you don't have one. You can use shift to adjust the new moon forward and backward in the month to match canon.

GavinRuneblade
December 25th, 2018, 20:34
Since it's a custom calendar, it requires a custom lunar day handler to handle proper changes when the year changes; I'm guessing you don't have one. You can use shift to adjust the new moon forward and backward in the month to match canon.

what is a "custom lunar day handler"?

mattekure
December 25th, 2018, 20:58
what is a "custom lunar day handler"?

Its code that is added as an extension to tell FG how to handle your calendar. How to roll over days and such. FG comes with the standard gregorian one, but if you are doing custom calendars, you may need to write your own to make that sort of thing work properly.

GavinRuneblade
December 26th, 2018, 02:51
Its code that is added as an extension to tell FG how to handle your calendar. How to roll over days and such. FG comes with the standard gregorian one, but if you are doing custom calendars, you may need to write your own to make that sort of thing work properly.

Thanks!

ThatsSoNoc
December 26th, 2018, 07:22
@GavinRuneblade What you said.

@Mattekure Ooooh... Kay... and how does one get started on making these changes? A point in the direction of the appropriate 'How too (do this thing) wiki' would be a great help - if you know that is. Could I cut/paste the Gregorian 'calendar handler' into my calendar some how? And then play with values there, to get it to work for my custom calendar?

Yes, all ridiculously amateur hour questions, I know. But, I have to start somewhere, and often that is at the beginning - if the vets can give me a leg up it would be appreciated (No, I am not so lame as to ask/beg someone to do it for me. I am willing to invest the sweat equity and bloodied fingertips of coding, to learn, and at the right time pass along that lesson to others, without snark).

Suggestions?

Andraax
December 26th, 2018, 13:48
Find one of the calendar extensions that I did for unusual calendars, unpack it, and look at what it does. :-)

mattekure
December 26th, 2018, 14:51
Thanks!

I'm not a LUA programmer, I havent made my own. But check out this thread for info on how to make your own. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36658-Custom-Calendar-help-with-lunardaycalc

mattekure
December 26th, 2018, 14:53
accidently posted twice

ThatsSoNoc
December 29th, 2018, 09:12
Find one of the calendar extensions that I did for unusual calendars, unpack it, and look at what it does. :-)

@Andraax Oh, shall I add yet another thing to the ever growing list of world building, and paper campaign notes (3+ years worth) to a digital format conversion?! Gah! Curse you O.C.D!

And the thing of it is... NO ONE will ever notice. But, they will be mildly impressed, that I happen to know what phase the moon it is in currently. That is. Until one of them gets a little light touch of lycanthropy. Oh, and then they'll care... Then they'll care!! /emote Mwaaahahahaha*cough-cough*hahahah!

ThatsSoNoc
December 31st, 2018, 21:24
@Andraax - cool I will get on that. Is there a location where I can find one of your 'unusual calendars'? I have opened up the standard calendar module, with Notepad++ and I can find several non-Gregorian calendars contained within that module (Calendar of Flanaess - Greyhawk, Calendar of Harptos - Forgotten Realms, etc.) are these the calendars you are referring too?

This is the method (unpacking an existing calendar) I used to create my own custom in universe calendar - copied one that had a similar look as the cannon one I was already using in my paper campaign then, changed the names of months, and days, and holidays, etc.

But, I am still not sure how to resolve the issues that I have mentioned above. The issue with every year beginning with a new moon regardless of the previous years end, moon phase. It perplexes me, honestly. I am not sure where to even begin to tug at the loose thread, to unravel the problem. Is there a section (header) I should be looking for, within the code, that I can begin playing with to get the year end/new year moon phase states to correctly match?

If it's not already obvious, I don't have xml coding skills, and I am 'learning' by the oh-so-efficient trial-and-error method. Not completely a tech moron, but maybe 'learning disabled'? :) Pointers are welcome.

EDIT: I am thinking that the @mattekure post above - which I didn't see until now - might have me on the right track... I will now investigate that... let's put a pin in this post until I have read through the full https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36658-Custom-Calendar-help-with-lunardaycalc sub.

benjihad
April 14th, 2019, 06:41
Not sure if this is expected behavior since I don't have a player's license to test, but when I connect to my GM-licensed server with a guest-licensed client, the moon phases don't appear for the guest-client.

Other than that, I love it! Maybe a suggestion to have the click-to-announce button similar to the date/day area? Drag to chat certainly works fine though, no complaints there.

Seems to work as I expect it to on the GM side without much fiddling using the 12 month-year, 30 day-month, 10 day-week Hârnic calendar with full and new moons on the 15th and 30th respectively.

GunnarGreybeard
April 14th, 2019, 07:43
Glad to hear this seems to work with the Hârnic 10 day-week calendar. Was just getting ready to start building mine out and then incorporating this.

paladiusdarkhelm
May 3rd, 2019, 21:38
THis seems to conflict with this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46743-Calendar-Plus-Extension. Is it possible to make them compatible?

Autismo-Prime
August 12th, 2019, 14:00
I'm having an issue as my players cannot see the moons. Is this meant purely as a GM tool, or is this a bug? If so, how would I go about fixing it?

HuseyinCinar
August 12th, 2019, 21:23
Does anyone know what info I should feed for Forgotten Realms?

mattekure
August 13th, 2019, 01:00
Does anyone know what info I should feed for Forgotten Realms?

You can try using the info on the FR wiki https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Moons

Thaynor
April 21st, 2020, 23:55
Has this been answered yet?
Not sure if this is expected behavior since I don't have a player's license to test, but when I connect to my GM-licensed server with a guest-licensed client, the moon phases don't appear for the guest-client.

I'm experiencing the same issue. The moons/phases do not appear on the clients.

viviolay
June 16th, 2020, 07:53
Hello, I was just checking in on whether this extension was still being maintained/if the incompatibility with CalenderPlus was still something that would be ironed out?

Thanks for the extension, regardless of the answer, btw :)

Lexi the Red
July 6th, 2020, 23:13
I just started using FG and I am transitioning my Forgotten Realms campaign over from Roll20. In my campaign moon phases are super important, so I was very glad to be shown this extension. It seems to be working well, though I do have a minor issue with the GUI, as you can see from my screenshot below. EDIT: Well, apparently I cannot figure out how to share a screen shot...Anyway, the text for the name of the moon(s), the phase, and the shift is all up in the "Moon Tracker Configuration" banner heading of the config window.

Also, I found your updated FR calendar in the old thread that add in Shieldmeet, and it seems to be working fine as well and I am glad to have it. :)

bmos
August 4th, 2020, 11:19
Love this.
One suggestion: full moon and new moon take up multiple days (like waning, waxing, etc) and should probably be only one.
The weather apps I am familiar with extend the duration of the more general states like that and keep the specific ones the length of a single day.

Arnagus
August 17th, 2020, 12:29
Confirmed, there is a bug in the code (somewhere...) causing the moon(s) to not be "public" (meaning: visible to players). I have not reviewed the code where this happens, but can provide a work around. Open the db.xml file from your campaign folder ...\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\<campaign name>\db.xml and locate your moons setting, e.g.:

<moons>
<epochday type="number">0</epochday>
<epochyear type="number">0</epochyear>
<moonlist>
<id-00001>
<name type="string">Moon</name>
<period type="number">28</period>
<shift type="number">15</shift>
</id-00001>
</moonlist>
</moons>

Now add "<public />" immediately before the the first entry in your moon list:

<moons>
<moonlist>
<public />
<id-00001>
</id-00001>
</moonlist>
</moons>

Save, run the campaign - players can see the moon(s).

Asgurgolas
August 18th, 2020, 04:36
I tried this fix, but there happens to be an issue.... The moon phases differ from server to client.

This is Master's side

And this is player's side

Any idea of why could this happen?

Arnagus
August 18th, 2020, 12:30
Can you please check if you have epochday or epochyear being set (see code above) to anything other than 0? If yes, I suspect that I missed to make those variables "public" as well. Please move the "<public />" entry *before* those variables:

<moons>
<public />
<moonlist>
<id-00001>
<public />
</id-00001>
</moonlist>
</moons>

Note: I found that after a session, the program now added a "<public />" entry, but inside the "<id-00001>" entry. I would say: leave it alone, the program might correct the placement by itself. I can see that other modules (e.g. calendar) also have additional "<public />" entries inside and outside their lists.

Asgurgolas
August 18th, 2020, 16:17
At first it didn't work either.

The I finally noticed I had put <pubic /> instead of <public />.

Now it looks like it's working, thank you :D

Arnagus
August 18th, 2020, 17:26
Glad that it works! If we now have someone looking into the actual code to fix this, that would be great... (@Andraax - are you still around?)

mattekure
August 18th, 2020, 18:09
I havent seen any response from the author on this extension in some time. Try this version which works for me. I changed 2 lines in the manager_moon.lua file and players see it fine for me now.

DB.createNode("moons");

to:

local nNode = DB.createNode("moons");
DB.setPublic(nNode, true);

Arnagus
August 19th, 2020, 10:18
That's great, thanks!

Arnagus
August 20th, 2020, 15:07
@bmos - I have added the logic of having a single "full moon" or "new moon" as well. For those who need for story reasons e.g. "3 days of a full moon", I also added a duration which extends this single day to a number of days (beware of even day durations... this might or might not calculate into one day less). Existing moons might cause an error the first time the DB.xml is loaded due to the missing duration value. It will be set to "1" once the configuration was opened. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

timmyd
October 12th, 2020, 11:59
After the latest update I've been getting the following script error everytime I try to edit the moon phases, and they no longer display at all.

Script Execution error: [string “button_moon”]:14: attempt to call field ‘populateMoonPhaseDisplay’ (a nil value)

Anyone have any ideas?

Zygmunt Molotch
October 12th, 2020, 19:02
I also get the same error, I have a game tomorrow so will dig around to see, I wonder if it's unpopulated default in the string, that seems to be happening a lot at the moment across various extensions

bmos
October 13th, 2020, 19:17
I think it needs a line added to utility_calendar.xml

After <windowclass name="calendar_main" merge="merge">

<script file="utility/scripts/calendar_log.lua" />

viviolay
October 14th, 2020, 18:31
I think it needs a line added to utility_calendar.xml

After <windowclass name="calendar_main" merge="merge">

<script file="utility/scripts/calendar_log.lua" />

Added that line and it looks like it’s working for me. Thank you!

mjdawn
October 15th, 2020, 13:15
Is there a tutorial I can find to learn how to edit .xml files?

bmos
October 15th, 2020, 14:58
In terms of learning to change xml and lua files for creating/modifying extensions, there are these two:
Jeff's Excruciatingly Simple Extension Tutorial (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25234-Jeff-s-Excruciatingly-Simple-Extension-Tutorial)
[Tutorial] Creating a Basic Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20449-Tutorial-Creating-a-Basic-Extension)

Also, here a copy with the edit added :)

mjdawn
October 15th, 2020, 22:01
Thanks so much for the tutorial information and taking the time to update the extension. It works perfect!

Tokolosh
October 19th, 2020, 14:10
Thanks so much for updating this! I've been slowly moving my ETU game over to Unity, and I don't know what I'd have done without my moon tracker!

Cheers!

- Toko!

Whaley
December 1st, 2020, 04:44
So I havent used this extension in a while...updated to the latest one and I have noticed that the only thing I see is a full moon...there is a custom Moon Tracker Configuration however it is blank? What do I need to do to get it to cycle through the phases of the moon? Thanks!

Edit: Fixed it by just updating the shift section from 0 to 6...or whatever other number you want to use!

dellanx
January 22nd, 2021, 13:05
Thanks for the update.

I see three moons, which moon is the one that I should use?

bmos
January 23rd, 2021, 13:30
I see three moons, which moon is the one that I should use?Wow, I forgot I'd provided a fix for this one!
Basic tutorial:

Load extension into campaign
Open Calendar via button in upper right
Click icon of moon in upper left of calendar window (must already have a calendar set up)
Click edit and then add a moon (allows worlds with multiple moons--very cool!)
Close moons list and click a day on the calendar to see what the lunar phase is for that day

Options:

Period: how many solar days it takes to repeat the lunar cycle
Duration: how long the full moon and new moon last (for things like lycanthropy that may only last a single night)
Shift: move the entire lunar cycle forward/backward to align with other events like holidays

Pretty sure all of this is correct but please correct me if I'm wrong.

bmos
February 20th, 2021, 02:36
This should be compatible with the latest Feb 16th FG update.

Alryon
April 21st, 2021, 04:20
I tried using this extension with FGU, but got the following error after configuring a moon:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_moon"]:14: attempt to call field 'populateMoonPhaseDisplay' (a nil value)

No moon were displayed.

bmos
April 21st, 2021, 15:41
I tried using this extension with FGU, but got the following error after configuring a moon:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_moon"]:14: attempt to call field 'populateMoonPhaseDisplay' (a nil value)

No moon were displayed.Did you use the version in the post right before yours?

Zygmunt Molotch
April 22nd, 2021, 05:24
hey, even I missed your update :D

github it!

Alryon
April 22nd, 2021, 21:25
Nope, I hadn't seen it... Not sure how/why. It is working perfectly now.

One question, though. Can I configure it so that the new moon/first quarter/full moon/last quarter coincide with the 1st day of the week instead of being in the middle? I have a single moon set with a period of 28 days, 1 duration and 4 shifts.

Thanks

Alryon
April 22nd, 2021, 21:26
Did you use the version in the post right before yours?

One question, though. Can I configure it so that the new moon/first quarter/full moon/last quarter coincide with the 1st day of the week instead of being in the middle? I have a single moon set with a period of 28 days, 1 duration and 4 shifts.

Thanks

Alryon
April 22nd, 2021, 21:31

Thanks

Ah... I figured it out! That's what "shift" is for!

bmos
April 22nd, 2021, 22:54
Ah... I figured it out! That's what "shift" is for!Exactly :)
See post #43 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46672-Andraax-Moon-Tracker-Extension&p=573226&viewfull=1#post573226) (a few posts up this page) where I describe what all of those options do.

HalC
June 15th, 2021, 13:04
Wow, I forgot I'd provided a fix for this one!
Basic tutorial:

Load extension into campaign
Open Calendar via button in upper right
Click icon of moon in upper left of calendar window (must already have a calendar set up)
Click edit and then add a moon (allows worlds with multiple moons--very cool!)
Close moons list and click a day on the calendar to see what the lunar phase is for that day

Options:

Period: how many solar days it takes to repeat the lunar cycle
Duration: how long the full moon and new moon last (for things like lycanthropy that may only last a single night)
Shift: move the entire lunar cycle forward/backward to align with other events like holidays

Pretty sure all of this is correct but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Too bad the "shift" option doesn't exist within the calendar to permit what day a given year starts on. For instance, a campaign set in 1920 would have New Year's Day start on a Thursday. That shift option would be wonderful.

pablomaz
September 14th, 2021, 23:45
Hey, guys.
It's weird. The calendar always starts on a New Moon?
I still can't figure it out; can't make it work for Faerun...

bmos
September 15th, 2021, 00:53
Hey, guys.
It's weird. The calendar always starts on a New Moon?
I still can't figure it out; can't make it work for Faerun...Use the shift option
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/172/view

Laerun
October 22nd, 2021, 06:31
Replaced or updated here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/172/view

Fezzik Buttercup
March 27th, 2022, 22:49
Hi bmos,

Can you add GURPS; even though it is based on Core, it doesn't show up for me.

Thanks!

bmos
March 27th, 2022, 22:55
Hi bmos,

Can you add GURPS; even though it is based on Core, it doesn't show up for me.

Thanks!

Are you using the version from the Forge?
It doesn't have any ruleset definitions, so it should show up everywhere as "Feature: Moon Tracker"

Fezzik Buttercup
March 27th, 2022, 23:33
You know what... I forgot to update after I loaded that and some others into my account ....

nothing to see here... move along... :)

(walks away in shame)

I did get an error, but after I reloaded it without a couple of others the moon was in the calendar (there was no calendar loaded when I first added the extension -- I think it was a button error); works now :)

edit:
Just trying to recreate it, and find out which other extension I'm loading is making it NOT show up in another place

Bearded Wonder
May 15th, 2022, 02:16
This is a fantastic extension. I'm running an Eberron campaign and there's 12 moons to keep track of. One thing I noticed, it seems there's a cap for duration to 6 days. Probably a niche ask but is there a way to increase that amount? According to the tool that I was using to track the moons outside of FGU, Lharvion is on a 98 day cycle and has 9 days full and 9 days new. It doesn't matter how high a number I put into the duration box, it limits it to 6.

bmos
May 20th, 2022, 18:49
This is a fantastic extension. I'm running an Eberron campaign and there's 12 moons to keep track of. One thing I noticed, it seems there's a cap for duration to 6 days. Probably a niche ask but is there a way to increase that amount? According to the tool that I was using to track the moons outside of FGU, Lharvion is on a 98 day cycle and has 9 days full and 9 days new. It doesn't matter how high a number I put into the duration box, it limits it to 6.Have you added this from the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/172/view)? I looked through the code and don't see any mention of a 6 day maximum...

Bearded Wonder
June 4th, 2022, 16:35
Yes I did get it from the Forge. I just noticed that no matter how long I set the Duration value to it didn't remain full/new longer than 6 days no matter what value I put in there.

bmos
June 4th, 2022, 16:58
Yes I did get it from the Forge. I just noticed that no matter how long I set the Duration value to it didn't remain full/new longer than 6 days no matter what value I put in there.Ah, I thought you were saying that the box was limited to 6. Thanks for clarifying that.
I'll take another look sometime.

spencerg
December 4th, 2022, 05:01
What I want is to create the moon(s) cycles for a Greyhawk campaign - was wondering if anyone had set one up in the "moon tracker config" I could steal :)

save some time :)

attached image

Omalus
January 8th, 2023, 05:11
Greetings,

I'm trying to get this to work with the normal Gregorian Calendar. I've added the extension, opened the calendar and there is the 'Configure Campaign Moons' button, but when I click it nothing happens. There is no 'edit' option. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Omalus
January 8th, 2023, 05:23
Okay, loaded a new game and got the following message;
' [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Moon-Tracker:scripts/manager_moon.lua"]:16: attempt to call field 'registerLaunchMessage' (a nil value)

bmos
January 8th, 2023, 12:45
Okay, loaded a new game and got the following message;
' [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Moon-Tracker:scripts/manager_moon.lua"]:16: attempt to call field 'registerLaunchMessage' (a nil value)
Good news! That means you're on an old version. Delete the downloaded copy from your extensions folder and get it from the Forge.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/172/view

Omalus
January 9th, 2023, 03:09
That fixed it, thank you!

Great extension too. It is going to be fantastic in my DragonLance game.

Peace.

estrolof
February 24th, 2023, 03:13
Noticed the "Unlisted" tag on the forge. Is this extension no longer receiving updates?

bmos
February 24th, 2023, 12:30
Noticed the "Unlisted" tag on the forge. Is this extension no longer receiving updates?Oops! Not sure how that happened. It's listed again now and actually just got updated yesterday.

Omalus
February 27th, 2023, 21:48
Oops! Not sure how that happened. It's listed again now and actually just got updated yesterday.

This is the first extension I'm using. What do we need to do to 'update' it if I already have it installed and working?

bmos
February 28th, 2023, 00:47
This is the first extension I'm using. What do we need to do to 'update' it if I already have it installed and working?Assuming you installed it from the Forge page (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/172/view), you just open FG and click the Update button (even if it isn't in red).

BlazingAzureCrow
June 14th, 2023, 23:50
The latest FG update seems to have broken this extension.

Montis
June 15th, 2023, 00:53

Came here to say the same thing.

bmos
June 15th, 2023, 00:53

Came here to say the same thing.
Sorry, I missed that change during the beta as I've been very busy lately.
I am working on a fix but it might take me a bit due to my schedule.

rocketvaultgames
June 19th, 2023, 16:06
I'm not sure if this helps, but here are the errors I'm getting when opening the calendar now:

[6/19/2023 10:03:08 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..oreRPG-Moon-Tracker:..ts/calendar_log.lua"]:23: attempt to index global 'currentmonth' (a nil value)
[6/19/2023 10:03:08 AM] [ERROR] window: Control (button_moon) anchoring to an undefined control (dateframe) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:08 AM] [ERROR] window: Control (button_moon) anchoring to an undefined control (dateframe) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:08 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (viewdate) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:08 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (currentyear) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:08 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (currentepoch) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:08 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (currenthour) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:08 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (currentminute) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:08 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (currentphase) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:09 AM] [ERROR] window: Control (button_moon) anchoring to an undefined control (dateframe) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:09 AM] [ERROR] window: Control (button_moon) anchoring to an undefined control (dateframe) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:09 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (viewdate) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:09 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (currentyear) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:09 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (currentepoch) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:09 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (currenthour) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:09 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (currentminute) in windowclass (calendar_main)
[6/19/2023 10:03:09 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (currentphase) in windowclass (calendar_main)

bmos
June 19th, 2023, 22:59
Yeah, they changed the layout of the calendar window, so I have to rebuild the UI of this extension somewhat and that takes a lot of trial and error for me.

spencerg
June 22nd, 2023, 01:46
Thank you bmos - I'll keep an eye out for the update - was just about to post the runtime.

bmos
June 22nd, 2023, 02:34
I've made some progress but still have some work to do.

spencerg
June 22nd, 2023, 05:08
all good my friend - thank you.

Engelmann
June 24th, 2023, 18:28
Yes, thank you, all Werewolfs of the game are grateful. ;)

HalC
June 24th, 2023, 18:37
And not just the werewolves. Mana flows for magic is aligned with high holy days and the phases of the moon and other fun things. ;)

What I REALLY wish could be done with Calendars is for the ability to have the days fall as they should for any given year for 1920's style horror games on up to 2048 Sci-fi games where the players are out doors and wonder what the ambient light levels are as they try to sneak from position to position.

So, yes, there are those who appreciate things that others do. :)

rmilmine
June 24th, 2023, 20:48
I'm getting the following error when I open a game with the moon tracker included.

Never mind, seems people have already told you.

NelsonDerLord
June 26th, 2023, 14:59
Love the extension. I actually do a lot of my ingame planing and notekeeping in the calendar now... so it would be awesome if that fix is coming up :D you made me an addict and i am running dryyyy :D

Merecraft
June 26th, 2023, 16:05
Another request for a fix if possible please! Love this extension and use it to track the two moons of my world (one of my pcs is a shapeshifter).

BlazingAzureCrow
June 28th, 2023, 10:56
I mentioned the error before, but I want to echo that I find this extension highly useful - in Nat19 the passage of time is very important to our game, and the phases of the setting's two moons are currently actually a significant plot element - our big bad is set to do their big evil thing on the next Night of Blind Queens (the night when both are New Moons). We report on the phase of the moons every night, along with the time and the like. It's a very, very good extension! I hope you'll be able to repair it.

bmos
June 28th, 2023, 11:32
I got it mostly working and put a beta build up on the Forge (on the Live channel).
I'll polish the UI a bit more soon, but at least it should work for most folks until then.

bmos
June 28th, 2023, 12:50
In this new build, clicking another date on the calendar changes the displayed phases of the moon to the selected day rather than the current day.
Should I change it back to current day?

nephranka
June 28th, 2023, 15:14
I got it mostly working and put a beta build up on the Forge (on the Live channel).
I'll polish the UI a bit more soon, but at least it should work for most folks until then.

Thank you.

Lexi the Red
June 29th, 2023, 00:56
In this new build, clicking another date on the calendar changes the displayed phases of the moon to the selected day rather than the current day.

Hasn't it always shown you what the moon phase will be on a selected day, even when it's not the current date? I'm pretty sure that's how it's been, but maybe I had to change the date to actually show the moon phase? In any event, being able to easily see the phase of the moon (or moons, in my case) on any given day is extremely helpful.

In my homebrew world there are 3 moons, and the phases are a very important plot point in a lot of ways. This beautiful, amazing extension has been much missed, thank you for working on it so diligently!

BlazingAzureCrow
June 29th, 2023, 05:34

I'm pretty sure that's how it always was, wasn't it? It showing the selected day is good though since it lets you look ahead/back nondestructively.

bmos
June 29th, 2023, 11:36
I haven't used this extension in a bit, so I couldn't remember. In that case I'll leave it how it is!
I will still improve the UI when I have more time though, I was struggling to get the moon list to not be clipped off on the bottom.

Engelmann
July 28th, 2023, 10:42
Hello,

I'm using
- FGU
- Moon Tracker
- Calendar Plus
- Forgotten Realms Calendar Supporting

Here is my problem : I have a 4 days difference between what my Forgotten realms calendar says and what the Moon Calendar shows (4 days earlier).

How can I adjust the Moon Calendar ?

Thanks

rocketvaultgames
July 28th, 2023, 13:59
I've been having success with the following settings:

Period: 30.4375
Duration: 1
Shift:15

Engelmann
July 28th, 2023, 14:28
Thanks a lot mattvictim !! I was exactly what I was looking for.
Regards

highwayman03
October 19th, 2023, 19:07
Moon tracker for Geryhawk Setting
What would be a good shift use for each of the two moons in the Greyhawk setting. I'm trying to fine tune it to where their are corresponding full moons on the 4th of Richfest

cwsoots
March 8th, 2024, 15:33
Moon tracker for Geryhawk Setting
What would be a good shift use for each of the two moons in the Greyhawk setting. I'm trying to fine tune it to where their are corresponding full moons on the 4th of Richfest

With some math, and some trial and error, these settings work for my Greyhawk calendar:

Moon, Period, Duration, Shift
Luna, 28, 1, 3.5
Celene, 91, 1, 48.875
Liga, 364, 1, 0

Jiminimonka
April 8th, 2024, 20:45
As per the post here on Discord, this wonderful extension seems to cause some issues in Savage Worlds ruleset (from my limited testing)

https://discord.com/channels/274582899045695488/274634463860883458/1226927407735247019

Would be nice to get it fixed if possible (if this is indeed the cause of the delay).

Thanks

EDIT: Nope, sorry not this extension. I have to dig deeper.