PDA

View Full Version : NPCs (5e): Tracking remaining Innate Spells similar to simply "Spells" in NPCs

BrettM
November 24th, 2018, 22:29
I did some searching, but couldn't come up with an answer to this. Is there a way to track "remaining Innate Spells" on an NPC similar to the Spells Slots listed in the "Spells" area on the NPC?

If an NPC has "regular" spells, there's an area just below Spells on the NPC sheet in FG that allows me to adjust the spell slots used by double-clicking that spell slot.

However I'm guessing there isn't a similar 'tracker' for Innate Spells? E.g., Suggestion (3/day) so when the NPC casts Suggestion, I can indicate that NPC has 2 Suggestion spells left?

Thanks,
Brett.

LordEntrails
November 24th, 2018, 22:35
Nope. As a DM, I just guestimate. Sometimes my players are counting, but imo the number of spells are just a suggestion anyway. It's not "wrong" if you only use 2 spells in one combat or happen to use one 4 times. Has very little impact ont he fun, and (again, imo) not worth worrying about.

BrettM
November 24th, 2018, 22:37
Nope. As a DM, I just guestimate. Sometimes my players are counting, but imo the number of spells are just a suggestion anyway. It's not "wrong" if you only use 2 spells in one combat or happen to use one 4 times. Has very little impact ont he fun, and (again, imo) not worth worrying about.

Thanks LE. I assumed if I didn't see it, or if it didn't come up with a search, it probably wasn't there. Nice I can track Spell Slots for NPCs, but I agree with the guess-estimate option. Thanks again.