PDA

View Full Version : Connection issue

EThompson03
November 24th, 2018, 20:45
I have ported to 1802, I have set my router to private, and have set the router to specifically to allow Fantasy Grounds in. Even after all of this, it does not allow the connection to come through to host other players. Any suggestions?

This is the error I am getting on the log:
[24.11.2018 20:36:47] Runtime Notice: Connection test request result = Server failed

I also went to canyouseeme.org and it says the connection to port 1802 was refused. Not sure why since I put in the forwarding.

Zacchaeus
November 24th, 2018, 21:04
Hi EThomson02 welcome to FG.

You say you have set your router to private but it is your network that needs to be set to private. Also you will need to create an exception for FG in your antivirus software.

If neither of these provides a solution can you do a tracert 8.8.8.8 (type cmd into the search bar bottom left of the taskbar, select Command prompt and type tracert 8.8.8.8 into the black box and press return). Can you post a screenshot of the result.

EThompson03
November 24th, 2018, 21:20
Hi EThomson02 welcome to FG.

You say you have set your router to private but it is your network that needs to be set to private. Also you will need to create an exception for FG in your antivirus software.

If neither of these provides a solution can you do a tracert 8.8.8.8 (type cmd into the search bar bottom left of the taskbar, select Command prompt and type tracert 8.8.8.8 into the black box and press return). Can you post a screenshot of the result.

Here is the screenshot. I meant to say network, not router. I have added the entire folder for FG in the exceptions for Windows Defender, and still not working. 253802538225381

Zacchaeus
November 24th, 2018, 21:29
Ok, well I can't see any issues with your ISP sharing your IP address and I can't see another router/modem between you and the internet.

So you should be able to Port Forward without issue. So it comes down to whether you have correctly set the rule. Can you screenshot the rule you created?

EThompson03
November 24th, 2018, 21:32
Ok, well I can't see any issues with your ISP sharing your IP address and I can't see another router/modem between you and the internet.

So you should be able to Port Forward without issue. So it comes down to whether you have correctly set the rule. Can you screenshot the rule you created?

Please see attached.

Zacchaeus
November 24th, 2018, 21:43
That looks strange. There's no mention in that graphic of where you have forwarded that port to and I have no idea what the timeout means at all. When you forward a port you need to tell your router where your port is being forwarded to and that will be your computer's internal IP address. You can see the internal IP address as reported by FG on the start screen.

LordEntrails
November 24th, 2018, 21:58
Also be aware, many routers do not activate port forwarding until after they are rebooted.

Myrdin Potter
November 24th, 2018, 22:26
What router are you using?

EThompson03
November 24th, 2018, 22:47
That looks strange. There's no mention in that graphic of where you have forwarded that port to and I have no idea what the timeout means at all. When you forward a port you need to tell your router where your port is being forwarded to and that will be your computer's internal IP address. You can see the internal IP address as reported by FG on the start screen.

This is the options it is giving me when creating a new port. 25384

EThompson03
November 24th, 2018, 22:48
What router are you using?

AT&T Model - 5268ACFXN

Zacchaeus
November 24th, 2018, 22:56
Try this article. I’m pretty sure you have the wrong option picked. https://portforward.com/atnt/home-base/

Myrdin Potter
November 24th, 2018, 22:56
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1123072?gsi=SfMJ5io

Try this link. You need to identify which device you have to send the port to. It must have a static id.

EThompson03
November 24th, 2018, 23:11
The only thing I found on those two links is that I need to "pick a drop down" based on the type of application on the port, but I cannot determine which is the one I should use (FTP, DirectX, H323, etc)

Myrdin Potter
November 24th, 2018, 23:13
One of the choices is a new application (from what I can tell). I assume you choose that one.

It might be worth a call to AT&T technical support as they can usually guide you on what to do with their router.

You need to open the port and then send that port to the computer running Fantasy Grounds.

EThompson03
November 24th, 2018, 23:49
One of the choices is a new application (from what I can tell). I assume you choose that one.

It might be worth a call to AT&T technical support as they can usually guide you on what to do with their router.

You need to open the port and then send that port to the computer running Fantasy Grounds.

Just called, they say the port is open.

EThompson03
November 24th, 2018, 23:53
now it's saying "connection timed out" on Canyouseeme.org, when previously I've been getting "connection refused"

damned
November 24th, 2018, 23:53
Ok you have created a definition for Fantasy Grounds
But you havent told the Router to actually use that definition
You need to create a new port Forward rule using that definition and point it at your GM computer.

Moon Wizard
November 24th, 2018, 23:54
You usually end up picking New or Custom for most routers.

Just give it a name, an external port (1802), an internal port (1802), and the internal IP reported by FG on launch screen.

If you have multiple routers, it’s a bit more complex; but single router setups are all very similar. If not sure, a trace route can clarify.

Regards,
JPG

EThompson03
November 25th, 2018, 00:02
You usually end up picking New or Custom for most routers.

Just give it a name, an external port (1802), an internal port (1802), and the internal IP reported by FG on launch screen.

If you have multiple routers, it’s a bit more complex; but single router setups are all very similar. If not sure, a trace route can clarify.

Regards,
JPG

Only one router, and I've done all that :(

EThompson03
November 25th, 2018, 00:02
Ok you have created a definition for Fantasy Grounds
But you havent told the Router to actually use that definition
You need to create a new port Forward rule using that definition and point it at your GM computer.

I went to "Create rule" but it's asking for a lot of stuff like Input, output (and a TON of devices, not sure which one is the computer I'm on), and other stuff. Can you be more specific?

Let me add in the screenshot on rules25385

damned
November 25th, 2018, 00:10
Thats a Firewall rule not a Port Forward rule.
Send me your email by PM if you would like me to have a look with you.

EThompson03
November 25th, 2018, 02:19
I was able to finally get it to work! Thanks everyone for their help :)

damned
November 25th, 2018, 02:20
I was able to finally get it to work! Thanks everyone for their help :)

Well done.
Can you post a screensnip of the last step too please?