PDA

View Full Version : LFG - New Fantasy Grounds, New to Call of Cthulhu Keeper looking for players.

Heldane
November 24th, 2018, 16:00
Hi All,

As the title suggests I am looking for players to join a new, and hopefully long-term Call of Cthulhu game with myself as the Keeper.

Games will be on Tuesday evening's from around 7:30-8 PM GMT. (that's the expected start times, I'm not expecting to play for 30 minutes!) Due to that old monster called life I am currently unavailable at any other times to play, but I am available every Tuesday evening.

While I would prefer to play with voice and video this can be changed if players are not comfortable with this, but this can all be worked out later.

I have run a few sessions for a group, but not on Fantasy Grounds and have only just purchased it. The game will be using the 7E rule set and I am looking for some long term-players to join me on what I hope will be an epic campaign! We will be using a mix of both modules and some homemade stories of my own.

I am very new to TRPG's but have managed to pick up quite a collection of material that I am working my way through and will have plenty to keep us occupied for some time to come!

Ideally I would like the action to begin in Arkham University with the players as students and build the story organically through that, but I am open to suggestions!

So if anyone is interested in giving Call of Cthulhu a go then please get in touch!

Thanks.

Anticatoms
November 25th, 2018, 04:45
Hi there, I'd love to join a long term CoC game. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds as well, switching over from Roll20. I'm familiar with CoC 7e and I've been Keeper to a few one shots.

I'm not too comfortable using video, but if it's really necessary I'll dig out my webcam.

StoryWeaver
November 25th, 2018, 05:05
I'd be interested in trying playing through a storyline of Call of Cthulu. I enjoy Lovecrafts work and as such have long been wanting the chance to try some of it out for myself.
While my familiarity of CoC is limited to watching streams such as Encounter Roleplay, I am an experienced roleplayer and GM from a number of systems.
I enjoy creating "real" characters with some depth to the table. During play I do my best to voice act to add authenticity and individualism to my characters.

Heldane
November 25th, 2018, 10:43
Hi,

Thanks for replying to me post!

It's not a problem if you're not too comfortable with video, it's really more of a personal preference from my part but we can work around it if you want to play but don't want to dig out your webcam.

What modules have you run for CoC? Wouldn't want to double back on anything and bore you!

Heldane
November 25th, 2018, 10:48
I'd be interested in trying playing through a storyline of Call of Cthulu. I enjoy Lovecrafts work and as such have long been wanting the chance to try some of it out for myself.
While my familiarity of CoC is limited to watching streams such as Encounter Roleplay, I am an experienced roleplayer and GM from a number of systems.
I enjoy creating "real" characters with some depth to the table. During play I do my best to voice act to add authenticity and individualism to my characters.

Hi there.

That's great! So you'll have at least some basic knowledge of the system, but as someone relatively new to things I can say it's a very easy system to pick up!

CoC is all about the characters so I'm sure we'll do just fine!

Kosmtheandric
November 25th, 2018, 14:29
I love the lovecraftian lore and things like Bloodborne and such. However i haven't found a group before in my timezone that actually does CoC, so I am unfamiliar with the system but have the books. I have no cam around though. Been playing role playing games for the better part of 20 years now. my own campaigns i run are generally 70/30 so that would be 70 talking 30 doing actual combat. So I am used to talkative campaigns. Kosmtheandric#9148 you can contact me through discord.

Heldane
November 25th, 2018, 14:34
I love the lovecraftian lore and things like Bloodborne and such. However i haven't found a group before in my timezone that actually does CoC, so I am unfamiliar with the system but have the books. I have no cam around though. Been playing role playing games for the better part of 20 years now. my own campaigns i run are generally 70/30 so that would be 70 talking 30 doing actual combat. So I am used to talkative campaigns. Kosmtheandric#9148 you can contact me through discord.

That's great! I have plenty of material to run us through for plenty of adventures, not including those I hope to write myself! You're more than welcome to jump aboard if you're interested?

I'm happy with running with voice as this looks like it will be the consensus.

Anticatoms
November 25th, 2018, 19:03
Hi,

Thanks for replying to me post!

It's not a problem if you're not too comfortable with video, it's really more of a personal preference from my part but we can work around it if you want to play but don't want to dig out your webcam.

What modules have you run for CoC? Wouldn't want to double back on anything and bore you!

I've ran Deadlight, The Haunting, and Genius Loci for my friends. I promise to keep a lid on any out of character knowledge if you do want to run those one shots. I don't want to deprive anyone.

Heldane
November 25th, 2018, 19:13
I've ran Deadlight, The Haunting, and Genius Loci for my friends. I promise to keep a lid on any out of character knowledge if you do want to run those one shots. I don't want to deprive anyone.

Ok great. We'll beginning with The Haunting as the others haven't played before and should be able to skip the other two if that's ok?

What would be best for you to use to communicate, do you have discord? If so PM me your details and I'll add you on there.

StoryWeaver
November 25th, 2018, 19:29
I've never played Cthulu before so no experience with any of the stories.
A discord channel to join would probably be easiest, but I've sent you my discord contact details via PM.

Looking forward to playing with you all!

Anticatoms
November 25th, 2018, 19:52
Ok great. We'll beginning with The Haunting as the others haven't played before and should be able to skip the other two if that's ok?

What would be best for you to use to communicate, do you have discord? If so PM me your details and I'll add you on there.

That sounds great. The Haunting is a classic and I wouldn't want people to miss out on it. I've PMed you my discord contact.