PDA

View Full Version : SRD modules for 13 Trueways

hawkwind
November 24th, 2018, 10:31
My first attempt at doing a class from the 13th Age SRD

I couldn't get Celestian's Author extension to produce a reference manual so players will have to rely on the story entries. The whole thing editable so feel free to make any corrections or improvements. I suggest for tracking the Commanders Command points you create a NPC in the combat tracker

Targas
November 29th, 2018, 12:03
I‘m willing to start converting the Monk class for 13th Age from the SRD, and will keep you posted here updating the status on it.

hawkwind
November 29th, 2018, 13:10
Great I will start another class, not sure what yet

Targas
November 29th, 2018, 21:06
Great I will start another class, not sure what yet
Druid? Only 50 pages... :-p

hawkwind
November 30th, 2018, 07:51
indeed

Targas
December 9th, 2018, 14:17
The Monk kicks in …

I checked with Simon from Pelgrane Press, if it is OK to proceed entering the classed from the SRD, and finally got permission:
... I‘d appreciate your feedback on my request to publish SRD content for 13th Age with the Fantasy Grounds 13th Age ruleset from Smiteworks on my own, as a community module to increase the availability of further content for it. A week ago I finished typing the Monk class into it for use with the 13th Age FG ruleset.
I‘m pending putting it on the fantasy grounds forum (see below), waiting for your permission to do so. Even if others pointed out it should be OK, reading the legal conditions from Pelgrane Press on 13th Age, I want to be sure its not against any plans you might have. …

Simon Rogers: You have our permission.

So here we go.

Trenloe
December 9th, 2018, 14:19
The Monk kicks in …

I checked with Simon from Pelgrane Press, if it is OK to proceed entering the classed from the SRD, and finally got permission:
... I‘d appreciate your feedback on my request to publish SRD content for 13th Age with the Fantasy Grounds 13th Age ruleset from Smiteworks on my own, as a community module to increase the availability of further content for it. A week ago I finished typing the Monk class into it for use with the 13th Age FG ruleset.
I‘m pending putting it on the fantasy grounds forum (see below), waiting for your permission to do so. Even if others pointed out it should be OK, reading the legal conditions from Pelgrane Press on 13th Age, I want to be sure its not against any plans you might have. …

Simon Rogers: You have our permission.

So here we go.
Nice one! Good and polite of you to double-check with Pelgrane Press, so you're not stepping on any toes. :)

njohn858
December 28th, 2018, 03:30
Are these basically just the Feats and Powers of the classes? Or is there more to creating these than just that? I'm interested in plugging away at another class (perhaps the necro), but as I'm new to creating things in FG, I want to make sure I'm going about it the right way.

Targas
December 28th, 2018, 08:26
In essence, yes. However feats and powers are sometimes not 100% declared for which is which. The whole story section for the given class is included as well. Just download and open a module to see how it was structured. It would be helpful to understand where to place which kind of information, to have it look alike.

njohn858
December 28th, 2018, 15:36
Thanks for the advice. I had opened the modules up in FG and wasn't seeing all the info that I was seeing in the raw XML, but I hadn't been looking in the Story section. There it is!

I'll review what you and hawkwind have done and use it as a base for what I work on.

Under the Story section in FG, I see a button for Templates. Would it be worth creating a template for future classes/stories?

Also, I see that hawkwind included a (blank) Reference Manual in his Commander Class. This is the first time I've seen a Reference Manual in FG....is that something worth building up or is the Story bits good enough?

Targas
December 28th, 2018, 19:32
I haven‘t worked with templates much. From what I know it creates procedural created content, e.g. stories created with random tables. So I guess it‘s of no use here. Hawkwind tried to run his content to some tool to create a reference manual, but the tool failed to provide the correct output.

njohn858
December 28th, 2018, 23:09
kk. One other question. As I look at your modules, I'm seeing that the story entries all start with <sub> 000x (where x is a number). Why is that in that format?

Targas
December 29th, 2018, 09:04
I just copied the style from hawkwind, as I said I wanted to have it all being harmonized and don‘t know his intend to do so. I would assume the tool hawkwind planned to use was expecting to read the files in a specific format.
If I remember correctly when I used par5e in the past for a different ruleset, it behaved similarily.
Due to each ruleset being different, and SmiteWorks not sharing it‘s code to my knowledge, its not easy to create reference manual content.
I wouldn‘t have done it personally, but conformed to one standard. When at a later time someone wants to consolidate entries, it would be easier to handle.

njohn858
December 29th, 2018, 13:21
Here's my first go at the Necromancer. I think I got everything, including all the various levels of summoned creatures (under NPCs). For each Power I crosslinked to the associated Feats, NPCs, and in some cases, other Powers.

Take a gander at it and if you see any issues, let me know. Thanks!

njohn858
December 30th, 2018, 14:52
And the Occultist

Targas
December 30th, 2018, 21:09
Thank you for your contributions. I‘ll check it after vacation time..

njohn858
December 31st, 2018, 16:24
Got the Chaos Mage done. Making the tables was interesting. Couldn't figure out a way to roll on a table multiple times, requiring unique results each time until the table is reset (like drawing the tokens from a bag for what type of spell to get (Attack, Defense, Iconic), but everything else should be ready to play. :)

hawkwind
January 3rd, 2019, 12:05
wow I don't log on for a wek and loads of new classes!

njohn858
January 6th, 2019, 05:06
Whew - the Druid is a massive class! But it's done. I think that's the last class from 13TW. Would it be worth bundling them all into a single module?

Targas
January 6th, 2019, 07:28
Well done. I guess it would be easier to fund all in one place, but it‘s not mandatory for me as I just pull the class my players want to use,

hawkwind
January 6th, 2019, 09:23
Great Job entering the classes data , yes it would be great to have them as all as one module. I'll review the class modules then combine and add them to the first post and put some links on the various places 13th Age players talk on line

hawkwind
January 6th, 2019, 09:27
Thanks for the advice. I had opened the modules up in FG and wasn't seeing all the info that I was seeing in the raw XML, but I hadn't been looking in the Story section. There it is!

I'll review what you and hawkwind have done and use it as a base for what I work on.

Under the Story section in FG, I see a button for Templates. Would it be worth creating a template for future classes/stories?

Also, I see that hawkwind included a (blank) Reference Manual in his Commander Class. This is the first time I've seen a Reference Manual in FG....is that something worth building up or is the Story bits good enough?

the reason why there is a blank reference manual is that i used a extension called "author " that auto builds a reference manual from the story pages but i could n't get it to work properly, i have since on another project so i will have another go when i build the super module

njohn858
January 21st, 2019, 02:47
I made a module for the Swordmage (also available on 13thagesrd.com), then contacted the original author and received approval to post the module here for others to use.
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/231185

I did not add the <sub> 000x to the Story Title entries, but those can be added easily enough later on if need be.

njohn858
February 6th, 2019, 05:34
Here's the module for the Abomination class (https://www.13thagesrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/abomination/).

If you run into any issues with it, let me know.

seanny
February 26th, 2024, 05:22
Thank you for making all these Classes.
Good job.

I initially could not see the Commander Class.
He did not come up as a Module with the other 7 classes in the Module List.

I opened the file with 7 Zip ,since i was curious why ,and noticed the Commander Module was missing a Thumbnail that another sample module I opened seemed to contain.
I copied the thumbnail into the Commander Module.
Now I can load it in game.

Maybe you check ,and perhaps so that other users can use ,add the thumbnail to the Module?

The change I have done seems to work for me ,so all good on that front.
Thanks very much for making this content.
Did you ever make any other SRD stuff ,like idk maybe monsters?