PDA

View Full Version : Story link for music not being created successfully...help and thanks

The Hawk and Sparrow
November 23rd, 2018, 19:26
In order to create a link to place in a story I am creating, I cut and past the following link from my browser in to the chat field and hit enter. It is not producing the link that I can drag and drop into my story. Instead, it is only producing a blue link that players can click on.

file:///C:/Users/ericr/OneDrive/Music/Gaming/01%20-%20Like%20a%20Rolling%20Stone.mp3

I know that I am missing a simple step. Help?

Thanks!

Cheers.

The Hawk and Sparrow
November 23rd, 2018, 19:41
Well.... I just solved my own problem. I just closed and restarted Fantasy Grounds.

Just to review in case someone else comes across this: You can cut and past a link from your browser into the chat box within Fantasy Grounds then hit enter. This creates a link that you can drag and drop to create pins on maps; create links within storyboards etc. You can do this with music too if you first create a link within your browser to a location on your computer.

What I have found is that from time to time this function doesn't work. I just found that restarting FG fixes the issue.

Write me if you have more questions or want to discuss a similar topic.

Cheers!

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2018, 20:06
If you paste your link directly into a Story entry and then make that link a chat frame you can use that to put the link into chat.