PDA

View Full Version : Tegal Manor (for 5E & S&W) Kickstarter (Juges Guild reboot) - FG support stretch goal

Varsuuk
November 23rd, 2018, 19:14
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/tegel-manor-returns

The Frog Gods are going crazy with this one. At some sick levels of pledging, I wish I could afford even including huge battle map of entire thing!

From stretch goals:
· $50,000 — Frog God will hire a converter/developer to translate the Manor into Fantasy Grounds for Virtual Tabletop play (Fantasy grounds will sell this—so no actual reward is added, but the material will be available for purchase from Fantasy Grounds)

JohnD
November 24th, 2018, 01:06
Nice. If there's any money left from the wife's rampage this afternoon I'll be in for something

atomichammer
November 24th, 2018, 07:19
Already backed when I got the alert that Frog God Games started it. Have not been disappointed with any of their kickstarters yet.

Varsuuk
November 24th, 2018, 08:07
Just one warning - due to my lack of rest, I didn't read it closely enough to notice that the "at 250+ backers" you get free upgrade to hardcover was PER game system!

Two things from this:

1. If you backed - go back and check to make sure you backed the game system you play and want to get ;) - I play S&W and backed 5E ... ooops! (changed my pledge, it's all good)
2. If you want to play it closer to the original, or can afford two copies! - Get S&W (also?) - it's like 0E and Tegel was out in '77.

Finally, that KS again:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/tegel-manor-returns/comments

and another one SIMULTANEOUSLY... (both are funded):
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/how-orcus-stole-christmas-a-holiday-rpg-adventure/x/19202384#/

(How Orcus Stole Christmas - A Holiday RPG Adventure -- PDF should be avail mid Dec, they say *shipping* dead-trees before 25th.)

Myrdin Potter
November 24th, 2018, 13:38
Frog God Games is very into VTT and have long supported Fantasy Grounds. If you look at the store here, you will see that most of their products are on sale for Black Friday.

atomichammer
November 24th, 2018, 16:45
Just one warning - due to my lack of rest, I didn't read it closely enough to notice that the "at 250+ backers" you get free upgrade to hardcover was PER game system!

So is that 250 backers per system? So if I back 5E I will only get the hardcover if 5E gets 250 people backing it? Or 250 total backers?

Varsuuk
November 24th, 2018, 17:32
In my opinion, 5E will go hardcover without question. Just look at the pace. There’s a lot of time to go. But yes, it is per system - the higher tiers are also counted most of them are for one each of each system.

Selling less than 250 for a popular system like 5e would be incredibly shocking to me based on the success of all their other 5e conversions (saw cover mock-up of new 5e version of a very old module of theirs being worked on... 5e conversions are going well for them and other vendors)

I believe S&W will make 250. Just I think it will likely be about 25-35% of the 5e numbers (treat those estimates as the well researched and studied scientific studies they must be coming from me...)

Varsuuk
November 24th, 2018, 20:34
For those wondering, they just posted update. 1 day in, they at:

Current Book count to hardcover stretch goal
4 Comments

8 likes
SW 139/250

5E 222/250

Seems 5e is a lock that makes it in next like 28 days and even SW seems likely./probably.

atomichammer
November 26th, 2018, 23:46
Book count now

5e is 316--Hardcover and leather books unlocked!

SW 165--85 to go to unlock!

Varsuuk
November 28th, 2018, 20:10
SW will be unlocked after (then) 32 more SW purchases.

The FG version will be contracted to be made for 5e. That was the $50K goal and it was passed.

esmdev
November 28th, 2018, 22:07
I'm really excited about having Tegel Manor for FG. I remember playing way back when and I thought it was sooo cool, I can only imagine playing it on a modern map (probably several these days) big enough for tokens.

Blackwolf
November 28th, 2018, 22:36
That's great I still have my original judges guild manor and city state of the invincible overlord sets. really nice maps and booklets. Teagal Manor was one of the first dungeons for me to adventure in and is still on of my favorites.

Varsuuk
November 29th, 2018, 01:30
They also have a “Holiday” Demon IndieGoGo (KS-like) and they are close to extra special additions:

That was quick! 5k goal passed since last update!
The Christmas Slay is now included in both the book and the PDF (It has either been finished or will be finished being converted tonight).
I have commissions for 2 new color art pieces (one a battle with evil snowmen-snicker!) ready to go and sketched. Will have just enough to add these to the book if we can reach 6k.
Only 3 days left but if it we look to finish enough past 6k I have a map related goal I think I can get the Head Frog to agree to because its awesome.
Thank you everyone!
Zach Glazar
Frog God Games

atomichammer
December 1st, 2018, 02:00
Varsuuk SW is at 227. You need 23 more for your hard cover.

JohnD
December 1st, 2018, 03:32
If I survive the next 24 hours I will probably kick in for the SW version.

Varsuuk
December 21st, 2018, 20:13
They hit the 75K added stretch goal and are in the final 48 hours.

If you are too young to recall the famous Tegel Manor by Judges Guild - google it ;)

Them Frogs are doing wonderful things with their maps in addition to the impressive quality of their hardcovers and adventures.

Last chance for all the. I’ve Kickstarter gee gaws. Come on down.

Valdemar
November 24th, 2019, 16:48
As the kickstarter $50K stretch goals Fat Dragon was essentially hiring someone to develop Tegel for FG. has anyone heard if this has started and more importantly, when it will be released?

I have been putting Tegel - specifically the Sanctum of Madness in FG myself to support my campaign, but I don't have time to do the whole book (at least not to do it justice)....

Varsuuk
November 24th, 2019, 16:50
Frog God Games ;)

(To your question, not sure. But I’m sure he will reply soon.)

Myrdin Potter
November 24th, 2019, 16:53
I am working on the conversion. It is a huge book with a huge map. When I finish it, it needs to go through quality control here and it is ultimately up to Smiteworks as to if it is acceptable.

All the text is converted and I am slowly building encounters and working on maps and placement. Will be a while, I just started a new full time job.

This is not a free stretch goal, btw.

Valdemar
November 24th, 2019, 17:50
I knew it would be a module purchase. If you would like me to forward any of the NPC/Creature conversions I have already done, let me know.

Glad to hear it is in progress. What is the targeted release date?

Myrdin Potter
November 24th, 2019, 17:55
I did the NPC already, it really is the encounter and parcel building plus map placement that is the final task. It is very long to do and very boring.

If you have my other conversions here, I create all the items in the parcel as best I can and try and do placed encounters for everything. In a book this big, it is really tedious.

I plan on doing a lot of work next weekend and then I have a trip to Asia where I hope the jet lag and long flights will let me compete it.

Valdemar
November 25th, 2019, 03:10
that is great - I look forward to seeing it.

Valdemar
March 28th, 2020, 04:25
I did the NPC already, it really is the encounter and parcel building plus map placement that is the final task. It is very long to do and very boring.

If you have my other conversions here, I create all the items in the parcel as best I can and try and do placed encounters for everything. In a book this big, it is really tedious.

I plan on doing a lot of work next weekend and then I have a trip to Asia where I hope the jet lag and long flights will let me compete it.

@Myrdin Potter - any idea when this will be available?

Myrdin Potter
March 28th, 2020, 19:01
Not really. I am slowly going through this, but I have had some disruption as I moved houses and did some emergency conversions for virtual GaryCon. I am working on it here and there.

GEONE
September 14th, 2023, 07:15
It's been a few years, does anyone know what happened with this? The module isn't for sale anywhere as far as I can tell.

Myrdin Potter
September 14th, 2023, 07:39
I lost interest in continuing when the nature of the owner of Judges Guild came out.

LordEntrails
September 14th, 2023, 16:02
It's been a few years, does anyone know what happened with this? The module isn't for sale anywhere as far as I can tell.
Well, since it's not on the FG Store like they said it would be (or the FGG store), looks like that stretch goal was never delivered. Comments on the KS and FGG Discord ask this, but there is never an answer other than "it's not a priority".