PDA

View Full Version : Condition Effects

Davido1000
November 23rd, 2018, 10:06
Hello, im new to fantasy grounds and i just bought the core rulebook for starfinder and everything is working great, the only one gripe i have is the conditions dont seem to do anything to ac or stats when i add them to characters, is there something im supposed to do that im missing or is that not a function at all?

damned
November 23rd, 2018, 11:49
Hello, im new to fantasy grounds and i just bought the core rulebook for starfinder and everything is working great, the only one gripe i have is the conditions dont seem to do anything to ac or stats when i add them to characters, is there something im supposed to do that im missing or is that not a function at all?

If Starfinder handles them like PF and 5E it wont change the AC etc - it will change the values that the rolls are comparing against or similar.

Samarex
November 23rd, 2018, 13:06
If Starfinder handles them like PF and 5E it wont change the AC etc - it will change the values that the rolls are comparing against or similar.

Correct, it works along the same lines as PFRPG. So when apply a Condition like say Flat-Footed
Flat-footed You take a –2 penalty to AC, and you cannot take reactions or make attacks of opportunity.

In the attachment you will see that the Creature was hit with a AC of 30 on the first Attack.
I then Applied Flat-Footed Condition
The Next Attack at him Hit a AC 28 and it shows [DEF EFFECTS -2] in the Attack string in chat.
So the creatures AC was reduced by 2.

So we don't change the Character or NPC Sheets we adjust the rolls accordingly when we can.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Now with that said, There is still some work that needs to be done with the rule set for Effects and Conditions. But a lot of them are coded in and working.

Davido1000
November 23rd, 2018, 16:23
Ah i see, is there a list of conditions that are working and ones that are being worked on at all?

Blahness98
November 23rd, 2018, 22:12
See my effects post, more specifically, this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42573-Effects-Lists&p=381830&viewfull=1#post381830) post and the one right afterward.