PDA

View Full Version : Common connection issue

Vuko Drakkanien
November 19th, 2018, 22:10
Hello!

I'm Vuko, new player (more like Game Master) who finally decided to join your wonderful community... though it seems I may not stay for too long, because of some technical issues I have with your... thing.

I'll go straight to the issue, since I already am annoyed and have no will nor time to prance around it like a mad goat around sleeping predator.

My issue is with port 1802, which was an issue so wide spread it got its own room in your FAQ! I have some questions as to why choose such obscure port for an app where a lot of people have problems with it, but I will leave that (hopefully) for later.

Here I simply want to ask how one deals with this? My router is not connected to said port and after following your guide, provided links, I'm still unable to do anything with it!

I await your quick reply!

Zacchaeus
November 19th, 2018, 22:30
Hi Vuko welcome to FG.

Can you say what you mean by your router not being connected to Port 1802? Do you mean that your ISP does not allow port forwarding to that port?

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2018, 22:38
Welcome Vuko, As Mr. Z said, we are going to need some more info to help you out.

Did you go through the guide here? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_Port_Forward_and_Host_a_Game
What results did you get?

Do you know if you have multiple devices? (i.e. a modem and a router)
Have you done anything else? Can you post the results of tracert 8.8.8.8 to the forums here?

Vuko Drakkanien
November 19th, 2018, 22:38
Zacchaeus, tanks for your reply!

Yes, that's what I mean, my router doesn't allow connection like this, site mentioned in FG's FAQ says suc connection doesn't exists (timed out). I'm lost as to what to do, reason why I reach out for your help.

Zacchaeus
November 19th, 2018, 22:51
If you cannot set port forwarding (and this situation is becoming more common) you will need to use a VPN in order to connect. More information here
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43607-Port-Forward-Alternatives

Trenloe
November 19th, 2018, 23:05
Yes, that's what I mean, my router doesn't allow connection like this, site mentioned in FG's FAQ says suc connection doesn't exists (timed out). I'm lost as to what to do, reason why I reach out for your help.
2 things to allow us to help.
1) the make and model of your router.
2) As LordEntrails mentioned - from a Windows command prompt type tracert 8.8.8.8 press return and post the results here.

Vuko Drakkanien
November 19th, 2018, 23:29
I would like to thank everyone for help, luckily my friend who knows a bit more about IT than I do, helped me out and managed to help me with this issue.

Thank you again, Zacchaeus, LordEntrails and Trenloe!