PDA

View Full Version : Dmgtype?

goodmanje
November 19th, 2018, 19:18
I noticed DMGTYPE doesn't seem to work in Starfinder. Any chance of adding this?

Samarex
November 20th, 2018, 23:23
I noticed DMGTYPE doesn't seem to work in Starfinder. Any chance of adding this?
How are you using it?

For some Damage Types Starfinder short version.

[damage type] =
A acid
C cold
E electricity,
F fire,
So sonic,
B bludgeoning
P piercing
S slashing

goodmanje
November 21st, 2018, 02:04
Ok, I was using it like an effect in Pathfinder. DMGTYPE: magic;

goodmanje
November 21st, 2018, 02:20
My Mystic has a feat that I believe is called Mystic Strike or something like that. It makes all of his attacks do magic damage. I want to create an effect I can just leave on that adds that damage type to everything.

goodmanje
November 22nd, 2018, 00:36
Is there not a magic damage type?

Samarex
November 22nd, 2018, 01:57
Is there not a magic damage type?

Yes there should be, the one I quoted where the ones we shortened the rest of the damage types use normal names.

goodmanje
December 5th, 2018, 03:42
Samarex…. Sorry to be a pain but I cannot get this to work.
In Pathfinder the effect I need looks like this:
Ki Strike; DMGTYPE: magic

For the Mystic Strike feat in Starfinder I'm trying the same thing but it doesn't work:
Mystic Strike; DMGTYPE: magic

The "magic" type does not get applied to any damage rolls in Starfinder.

What is the proper way to word this? Bear in mind I'm not setting the damage type with the amount of damage a weapon causes. This effect should make ANY damage roll I make include the magic damage type.

Thanks!!

goodmanje
December 5th, 2018, 03:49
Here is the description of the Mystic Strike feat and why I need this effect to work:

Your melee and ranged attacks count as magic for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction and other situations, such as attacking incorporeal creatures.

Blahness98
December 5th, 2018, 05:13
Samarex,

The DMGTYPE effect tag does work properly if you do not use the energy type short code for weapon damage. So, if you are using any of the short codes (A, B, C, E, F, ect) the damage type tag will be ignored. You will have to manually change the short code on the weapon damage type line to the full word. Afterwards, it will use the DMGTYPE: [energy] as part of the damage line. This may have to do with something that involves translating the short code damage type tag to the full type as part of the results in the chat window. But, that is just my guess as to what is happening on the back end.

@goodmanje see this post for more details. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports&p=416893&viewfull=1#post416893) This should help you in the long run.

Blah