PDA

View Full Version : FG crashes when unmasking map

dustem
November 19th, 2018, 00:39
One of my players is constantly having an issue where his FG is crashing when I (the DM) unmask part of the map. If he closes the map prior to me unmasking and then reloads the map after I unmask, everything is fine. Has anyone seen this before, or any thoughts on what's causing it and how to fix it? Thanks!

JohnD
November 19th, 2018, 00:42
How big is the map? How much stuff do you have shared? What is his memory use by FG (ram) just before he crashes?

I've seen short term FG "hang" when I am unmasking a very large map.

dustem
November 19th, 2018, 00:46
It's the Hidden Shrine map from Tales of the Yawning Portal and the only other things I've shared are the Sunless Citadel maps. I've sent a link to this thread to my player, so hopefully he's able to answer your other questions.

I've run and played in FG for a very long time and I've never seen this issue before.

StoryWeaver
November 19th, 2018, 01:12
If he's using the 64-bit version of Fantasy Grounds then this is a known bug. Removal of fog of war in the 64-bit version will freeze both host and player clients.
Might be worth checking if that's what he's using as a start, if so ask him to use the regular 32-bit version of FG until that bug is fixed.

dustem
November 19th, 2018, 01:19
Thanks. I’ll check with him and see if that’s it.

I haven’t seen any issues on my end. I’m running the server on my Mac mini using the Mac download from the downloads page FYI.

Zom31e
December 6th, 2018, 01:16
Been having the same problem while using 64-bit. crashes every time my dm edits FOW. Switching to 32-bit will post if its fixed.

damned
December 6th, 2018, 02:19
If you use the mask do not use the x64 application - it will crash on unmasking

LordEntrails
December 6th, 2018, 03:33
Been having the same problem while using 64-bit. crashes every time my dm edits FOW. Switching to 32-bit will post if its fixed.
As said, the x64 bit version is experimental and should only be used for testing. Unmasking is a known issue and will cause the client to crash.