PDA

View Full Version : A new CreatureGen for Starfinder

madman
November 18th, 2018, 21:27
Import Starfinder Creature statblocks for NPC entries in FG with just a couple of clicks, will also pull spells and add them to the entries!

Here is the link to the .ext files for a revised version of the Starfinder CreatureGen.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46575-A-new-CreatureGen-for-Starfinder&p=414576&viewfull=1#post414576

Madman

Blahness98
November 19th, 2018, 01:30
Sweet! This is what I was tinkering with for the longest time. Now I can go back to my effects listings.

Samarex
November 19th, 2018, 01:59
Here is the link to the .ext files for a revised version of the Starfinder CreatureGen.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46575-A-new-CreatureGen-for-Starfinder&p=414576&viewfull=1#post414576

Madman

Nice work....

Hendell
November 21st, 2018, 02:07
Does someone have a picture of a npc setup they can post with the proper format for Starfinder.
I have been messing around with this and cannot get it to work but I am sure I am setting up the text wrong.

gamerleveldad
November 21st, 2018, 04:08
Test CR 1/4
XP 200
LE Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Perception +4
DEFENSE
HP 13
EAC 11
KAC 13
Fort +4; Ref +2; Will +0
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee survival knife +3 (1d4+1 S)
Ranged rifle +6 (1d8 P)
STATISTICS
Str +1; Dex +2; Con +3; Int +1; Wis +1; Cha +1
Skills Athletics +4, Intimidate +9, Profession
(soldier) +4
Languages TEst
Special Abilities
Test (Ex) test

You need EAC and KAC on different lines AND you need special abilities.

Ken L
November 21st, 2018, 12:03
Great work by both of you.

Hendell
November 21st, 2018, 22:48
Working fine now. Thanks for the template Gamerlevel.
I still have a few things to figure out but this is going to be very helpful.

Talen
July 9th, 2019, 22:02
Wonderful tool, thank you! I do have 2 minor questions in using this for Starfinder Society scenarios:

1. Are the numbers at the bottom (0-5) for the CR rating?
2. Does the "Other Abilities" header just appear as text under the Statistics block on the Other tab (it doesnt seem tro appear on the main tab)?

madman
July 9th, 2019, 22:16
The numbers at the bottom are form the pathfinder version. It was used for error logs. no longer used.
Other Abilities field is in Statistics just above Ecology.

Also you will find that a creature with a - in an ability score will get a ten not a 0.(need to fix this)

Talen
July 10th, 2019, 04:03
Got it. Im assuming this does not parse traps, correct ( a relative non-issue since their stat lines are so small)

Samarex
July 10th, 2019, 05:45
Got it. Im assuming this does not parse traps, correct ( a relative non-issue since their stat lines are so small)

No I didnt do Traps and I will look to see if I can get it to do the same as our PAR5E does withthe abilities with a -

Samarex
July 10th, 2019, 10:41
The numbers at the bottom are form the pathfinder version. It was used for error logs. no longer used.
Other Abilities field is in Statistics just above Ecology.

Also you will find that a creature with a - in an ability score will get a ten not a 0.(need to fix this)

Ok got it fixed it will now show the proper score for a Ability that has a dash (-).

Gwaihir Scout
August 2nd, 2020, 23:27
If anyone is still available to work on this extension, it is no longer creating spell lists and stops after entering the spell class title and caster level. Only the standard yellow message of "No concentration bonus found" appears before it reports "Import complete." I have tried adjusting the text and tried other creatures to no effect. It's been a few weeks since my last spellcaster so I'm not sure when this would have changed.
I did try adjusting the spells known line to end after (CL 12th).

Gwaihir Scout
August 2nd, 2020, 23:36
I have found the new version of the extension and also discovered the issue was the number of dashes after the spell level.

TurinDM
September 4th, 2020, 10:23
is it possible use this Ext to import spaceships too?

stephan_
September 4th, 2020, 12:26
No.