PDA

View Full Version : A new CreatureGen for Starfinder

madman
November 18th, 2018, 21:21
So I have taken the original "CreatureGen for Starfinder" and made some changes to make it again functional..
Import Starfinder creature statblocks in FG on the fly with just a couple clicks. Adds spells to spell tab, special abilities parse to their own link.
Save more time, Have more fun...

This now works in Classic and in Unity. Thanks Moon!

Thank You to KenL for the original work on this tool.
Along with Samarex For the Original start with this

all info for each so they work
HP and RP on its own line
EAC on its own line
KAC on its own line

otherwise I have done about 100 tests and they seem to work just fine

there will be some edge cases, I will look at as they are posted but no "promises"
I can make it work.

Good gaming and have fun

Also thanks to
Mysteran for the help along the way "Abilities. Specialabilities, Alignment would not work as they do without his help"

Madman..

New Version fixes the problem with no "Special Abilities causing error"

gamerleveldad
November 21st, 2018, 03:45
What format is expected?

I tried using output from https://sfrpgtools.com/monster-builder and I am getting

Error when populating character record: [string "cgen/lua/creaturegen.lua"]:262: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

EDIT:
This error was created when I didn't have a special ability.
Solution posted here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46576-A-new-CreatureGen-for-Starfinder&p=414871&viewfull=1#post414871

madman
November 21st, 2018, 06:14
I guess all the ones I tested had Special abilities I will look at that!

Fixed! New file in the original post!

stephan_
December 16th, 2018, 21:21
Thanks, if I remember to use it, it's really useful. :)

Dyark
December 17th, 2018, 21:53
do you have an example before paste to use it ?

stephan_
December 17th, 2018, 22:29
I got it to work with the space goblin manark copied from the CRB pdf and the Robot (Security), Observer-Class Security Robot [Combatant] from the SRD (https://aonsrd.com/AlienDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Observer-Class%20Security%20Robot&Family=Robot%20(Security)).

From the pdf I had to
* delete a few new lines
* add a new line after defense
* Change EAC 34; KAC 35 to
EAC 34
KAC 35

From the PRD I just had to change the AC line (same as above).

madman
December 17th, 2018, 23:35
Discription on first line
GENETICALLY ENHANCED CR 4 (Name and CR on one line)
N Small magical beast (Alien Archive 44)(on one line)
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +15(on one line)
DEFENSE (must have the Defense tag)
HP 45(on one line)
RP 3(on one line)
EAC 18(on one line)
KAC 17(on one line)
Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +3(on one line)
Immunities electricity(on one line)
Weaknesses
DR
OFFENSE(must have the Offense tag)
Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (Ex, average)(on one line)
Melee tail slap +11 (1d4+5 B; critical siphon)(on one line)
Ranged
Multiattack
Offensive Abilities electrical discharge (1d6+5 E plus staggered, Reflex DC 15 half)(on one line)
STATISTICS(must have the Statastics tag)
Str +1; Dex +5; Con +1; Int –4; Wis +3; Cha –1(on one line)
Feats Mobility(on one line)
Skills Acrobatics +10, Athletics +10, Stealth +15, Survival +15(on one line)
TACTICS (must have the Tactics tag)
Before Combat(on one line)
During Combat(on one line)
Morale(on one line)
SPECIAL ABILITIES (must have the Special Abilities tag)
Electrical Discharge (Ex) As a standard action, an electrovore can spend 1 Resolve Point to discharge some of its stored electrical energy as a powerful attack. All creatures within 10 feet of the electrovore take 1d6+5 electricity damage and are staggered for 1 round. A target can attempt a DC 15 Reflex save to take half this damage and negate the staggered effect.(on one line)
Siphon (Ex) Whenever an electrovore scores a critical hit against a living creature, a construct with the technological subtype, or a technological piece of gear, it siphons off a portion of the target’s electrical energy. This restores 1 Resolve Point (up to its maximum of 3).(on one line)

Each Special Ability has to be on its own line(select all text and Ctrl-j)

madman
December 17th, 2018, 23:44
Hope that helps...

Dyark
December 18th, 2018, 15:13
Hope that helps...

that is what I was looking for, thanks

Talen
August 5th, 2019, 03:52
Any help explaining why this stat line wont populate would be appreciated(error message says Error when populating character record: [string "cgen/lua/creaturegen.lua"]:262: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil and No concentration bonus found for spell-like abilities)

RAVAL DOMUNSEIR CR 2
XP 1
Female drow mystic (Starfinder Alien Archive 42)
NE Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13
DEFENSE
HP 23
RP 3
EAC 12
KAC 12
Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7; +2 vs. enchantment
Immunities sleep; SR 8
Weaknesses light blindness
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee survival knife +4 (1d4+2 S)
Ranged thunderstrike sonic pistol +6 (1d8+2 S; critical deafen)
Offensive Abilities create darkness, share pain
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd)
At will—dancing lights, detect magic
Mystic Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd)
At will—mindlink
Mystic Spells Known (CL 2nd, ranged +6)
1st (3/day)—charm person (DC 15), mind thrust (1st level, DC 15)
0 (at will)—fatigue, telekinetic projectile
Connection mindbreaker
TACTICS
During Combat Raval finds cover, creates darkness around her, and waits until a PC closes, at which point she casts mind thrust. Raval uses share pain whenever hit for 2 or more damage. If the PCs don’t close to get her attention, she spends standard actions shooting at fleeing quorlu citizens to goad the PCs into closing or targeting her.
Morale Raval fights to the death.
STATISTICS
Str +0; Dex +2; Con +0; Int +0; Wis +4; Cha +1
Skills Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +8, Mysticism +12, Sense Motive +12
SPECIAL ABILITIES

stephan_
August 5th, 2019, 07:22
Since the last update, the parser does not parse creatures with no special abilities correctly.

Add a line with "None (Ex) None" and it should parse.

Talen
August 6th, 2019, 17:16
That did work - thanks

brunocalado
September 12th, 2019, 18:26
What an impressive job.

I think this could be put into github to allow more people to develop it.

deer_buster
September 13th, 2019, 04:39
So, this results in 10 constitution...

Str +0; Dex +3; Con —; Int +4; Wis +1; Cha +4

And this doesn't fill out the Spell Abil.

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th) 1/day--hold monster (DC 20), plane shift (self only) 3/day--synaptic pulse (DC 19) At will--invisibility

madman
September 13th, 2019, 05:08
the - con thing is being looked at. can you post the stat block for the spell problem cause they dont use the double dash.
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th)
1/day--hold monster (DC 20), plane shift (self only)
3/day--synaptic pulse (DC 19)
At will--invisibility

try it like this
the double dash should work but they need to be on separate lines.

deer_buster
September 13th, 2019, 06:35
I get this message when it imports.

No concentration bonus found for Spell-Like Abilities

Also, the long dash converts to a -- on the "Other" tab...

madman
September 13th, 2019, 08:35
That is left over pathfinder code.. I will look at getting rid of it

deer_buster
September 13th, 2019, 15:08
The Concentration check, or the long dash to double dash conversion, or both?

madman
September 13th, 2019, 21:15
The Concentration check.

deer_buster
September 14th, 2019, 04:11
Yeah, well it still didn't import into the Spell Abil slot even with the changes you suggested.

madman
September 14th, 2019, 09:40
I asked you to post the stat block, if you look...
then maybe I can help.

deer_buster
September 14th, 2019, 19:16
Sure, it's just the TEKHOINOS from AA2

TEKHOINOS CR 10
XP 9,600
N Medium outsider (aeon, extraplanar)
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +19
DEFENSE
HP 145
EAC 23
KAC 24
Fort +11; Ref +9; Will +13
Defensive Abilities adaptive defense, unflankable; Immunities cold, critical hits, poison; Resistances electricity 10, fire 10; SR 21
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., fly 40 ft. (Su, perfect)
Melee slam +19 (2d8+12 B)
Multiattack 3 slams +13 (1d10+12 B)
Ranged telekinetic blast +21 (2d8+10 B; critical knockdown)
Offensive Abilities pattern bind
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th)
1/day-hold monster (DC 20), plane shift (self only)
3/day-synaptic pulse (DC 19)
At will-invisibility
STATISTICS
Str +2; Dex +5; Con +2; Int +2; Wis +8; Cha +3
Skills Acrobatics +19 (+27 to fly), Culture +19 (+29 to recall knowledge), Engineering +19, Life Science +19 (+29 to recall knowledge), Mysticism +24 (+34 to recall knowledge), Sense Motive +19, Stealth +24
Languages envisaging
Other Abilities no breath
ECOLOGY
Environment any (Outer Planes)
Organization solitary, pair, or collective (3-10)
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Adaptive Defense (Ex) When a tekhoinos takes acid, electricity, fire, or sonic damage, it gains resistance 10 to that damage type. This resistance does not apply to the triggering attack, and it lasts for 1 hour or until the tekhoinos takes damage of another of those types, triggering a new resistance. This resistance stacks with other sources of energy resistance.
Pattern Bind (Su) As a standard action, a tekhoinos can force a creature within 100 feet to repeat its actions unless it succeeds at a DC 19 Will saving throw. Whatever full, standard, or move actions the creature takes on its turn after being subjected to this effect, the target must repeat on the following turn. The creature must take the same actions in the same order (for example, moving its speed and casting a specific spell) and must act against the same target or targets. However, the creature doesn't have to make exactly the same choices (such as moving the same number of squares or choosing the same command for the command spell). If the target is unable to repeat an action, it is unable to act and its turn ends immediately. A creature that is affected by pattern bind can't delay, and if it readies an action on the first turn it is affected, it must ready the same action on its following turn using the same trigger. Whether or not a creature succeeds at its saving throw against this ability, it is immune to further instances of this effect for 24 hours.
Telekinetic Blast (Ex) A tekhoinos's telekinetic blast has a range increment of 50 feet.

madman
September 14th, 2019, 20:21
That was the problem. Paizo uses the — but, not every time for some reason. If the single dash is there just add another dash.

spell_parse.gif (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/445744996222500875/622511381375221770/spell_parse.gif)

Madman..

deer_buster
September 15th, 2019, 03:44
Yep, that seems to have gotten it. Did you see the question about the Constitution?

Ulric
November 11th, 2019, 19:32
As a new SF GM I could not find any documentation on how to start this extension. After mush searching I noted a small button on the NPC window. Here is an image of where to click.

After clicking this button this window will open.

After you have pasted in your STAT Block and made any adjustments to the format of the text click the "generate" button.

In the chat log you will get one of two results.
30130 You need to fix the format of your STAT Block text and click the "generate" button

30131 Your import worked and a new NPC window opened.

See my next post for the final steps.

Ulric
November 11th, 2019, 19:36
You should now have this window

Once you have reviewed you new NPC and made any needed changes be sure to click the padlock to stop editing the NPC.

Your window should now look like this window.

StaticAvis
July 16th, 2020, 02:28
What does "must have defense" tag mean for those not well versed with this kind of stuff?

madman
July 16th, 2020, 02:39
What does "must have defense" tag mean for those not well versed with this kind of stuff?

This extension is assuming you are using the format from Alien Archive to import the information.

NE Small humanoid (halfling)
Init +12; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +22
DEFENSE <-- this line is used to pull the correct information and put it where it needs to be.
HP 115
EAC 20
KAC 21
Fort +8; Ref +11; Will +12; +2 vs. fear
Defensive Abilities evasion, uncanny agility
OFFENSE

Madman..

StaticAvis
July 16th, 2020, 02:57
Thank you for the speedy reply! So if I'm getting the error "No DEFENSE tag found", is that something specifically wrong with the lines under the Defense tag, or is it referring to the fact that anything in the entire stat block could be wrong?

madman
July 16th, 2020, 02:57
Here is an example Stat Block

BRYRVATH CR 15 <-- Name and CR <-- must have
XP 51,200 <-- must have
CE Medium aberration (chaotic, evil)
Init +9; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +26
Aura impossible aura (15 ft., DC 23) <--Some creatures do not have an Aura
DEFENSE <-- must have
HP 233 <-- must have
EAC 28 <-- must have
KAC 29 <-- must have
Fort +13; Ref +13; Will +20 <-- must have
Resistances electricity 15, fire 15; SR 26 Weaknesses vulnerable to cold <--Some creatures do not have
OFFENSE <-- must have
Speed 40 ft. <-- must have
Melee claw +22 (5d8+22 S)
Ranged ray of light +24 (4d6+15 F) <--Some creatures do not have
Offensive Abilities spectrend
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 15th) <--Some creatures do not have
1/day—dominate person (DC 25), mislead (DC 25)
3/day—confusion (DC 24), greater invisibility, mind probe (DC 24), mind thrust (4th-level, DC 24)
At will—arcane sight, clairaudience/clairvoyance
STATISTICS <-- must have
Str +7; Dex +5; Con +5; Int +9; Wis +5; Cha +5
Skills Intimidate +26, Mysticism +31, Stealth +31
Languages Aklo, Common; telepathy 100 feet
Other Abilities light absorption
ECOLOGY
Environment any (Aucturn)
Organization solitary, pair, or canvas (3–7)
SPECIAL ABILITIES <--Some creatures do not have
Impossible Aura (Su) Once per hour as a swift action, a bryrvath can emit an aura of colors that could not possibly exist; these inconceivable hues ravage the sanity of any creature that stands within them. This aura has a range of 15 feet and lasts for 5 rounds. A creature that begins its turn within or enters the aura must attempt a DC 23 Will saving throw. On a failure, the creature takes 1d4 Intelligence and Wisdom damage; a success means the creature takes 2d6 damage and is sickened until the beginning of its next turn. This is a mind-affecting, sense-dependent effect.
Light Absorption (Su) When a bryrvath is within 10 feet of any light source, it can absorb a portion of the light into its body as a move action. The bryrvath attempts a caster level check (DC = 11 + the item level if the source is an item, or the spell’s caster level if the light comes from a spell); on a success, the light emitted from the target source is lowered by one step for 1 hour and the bryrvath regains 5 Hit Points.
Ray of Light (Su) As an attack, a bryrvath can unleash a focused ray of light that can burn a target like the beam of a powerful laser rifle. This ray has a range increment of 120 feet, but it doesn’t function in areas of bright light.
Spectrend (Su) In an area illuminated by dim light or brighter, a bryrvath can slash its claws through the air in a square adjacent to it, rending the spectrum into tatters. This produces a stationary anomaly of twisting and roiling, half-seen, non-Euclidean shapes that persists for 1d4 rounds. A creature that can see this anomaly at the start of its turn can attempt a DC 23 Will saving throw. If it fails, it is confused for 1 round; if it succeeds, it is instead dazzled for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting, sensedependent effect.

If you add extra text Here under SPECIAL ABILITIES it is placed on the other tab as text for reference
It is not finding the word DEFENSE on its own line most likely

If you post the stat Block I will know more..

StaticAvis
July 16th, 2020, 03:08
Mado CR 4

XP 1200

N Medium humanoid (lashunta)

Init +6; Perception +16

DEFENSE

HP 45

RP 4

EAC 16

KAC 17

Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +7

OFFENSE

Speed 40 ft.

Rhyolite magma blade +8 (1d8+4 F & S; critical wound)

Frostbite-class zero knife +8 (1d4+4 C; critical staggered)

Frostbite-class zero pistol +10 (1d6+4 C; critical staggered)

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 4th)

1/day -- detect thoughts

At will -- daze

Psychokinetic hand

TACTICS

During Combat Mado will try to stay hidden and sneak to good flanking points using his operative skills.

STATISTICS

Str +0; Dex +5; Con +0; Int +3; Wis +1; Cha +0

Skills Acrobatics +16, Perception +16, Sleight of Hand +16, Stealth +16, Survival +11

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Evasion (Ex) If you succeed at a Reflex save against an effect that normally has a partial effect on a successful save, you instead suffer no effect. You gain this benefit only when unencumbered and wearing light armor or no armor, and you lose the benefit when you are helpless or otherwise unable to move.

Uncanny Mobility (Ex) When you make a trick attack, if you choose the target of your attack before you move, your movement doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity from that target. When you use your standard action to move, you can choose one creature; you don’t provoke attacks of opportunity from that creature for this movement.

Holographic Clone (Ex) You can create holographic duplicates or psychic projections of yourself that conceal your true location. Once per day as a standard action, you can create 1d4 images of yourself that last for 1 minute per operative level. This ability otherwise functions as mirror image. You can use this exploit an additional time per day at 6th level, and again at 10th level.

Cloaking Field (Ex) You can bend light around yourself and muffle any minor sounds you make, allowing you to nearly vanish when not moving. Even when you move, you appear only as an outline with blurry features. This cloaking field doesn’t make you invisible, but it does make it easier to sneak around. Activating the cloaking field is a move action. While the cloaking field is active, you can use Stealth to hide, even while being directly observed and with no place to hide. Attacking doesn’t end the cloaking field, but it does end that particular attempt to hide. If you remain perfectly still for at least 1 round, you gain a +10 bonus to Stealth checks (which doesn’t stack with invisibility) until you move.Your cloaking field lasts for up to 10 rounds before it becomes inactive. While inactive, the cloaking field recharges automatically at the rate of 1 round of cloaking per minute.

Trick Attack (Ex) You can trick or startle a foe and then attack when she drops her guard. As a full action, you can move up to your speed. Whether or not you moved, you can then make an attack with a melee weapon with the operative special property or with any small arm. Just before making your attack, attempt a Bluff, Intimidate, or Stealth check (or a check associated with your specialization) with a DC equal to 20 + your target’s CR. If you succeed at the check, you deal 1d4 additional damage and the target is flat-footed. This damage increases to 1d8 at 3rd level, to 3d8 at 5th level, and by an additional 1d8 every 2 levels thereafter. You can’t use this ability with a weapon that has the unwieldy special property or that requires a full action to make a single attack.

madman
July 16th, 2020, 03:44
Mado CR 4
XP 1200
N Medium humanoid (lashunta)
Init +6; Perception +16
DEFENSE
HP 45 RP 4
EAC 16
KAC 17
Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +7
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Rhyolite magma blade +8 (1d8+4 F & S; critical wound) or Frostbite-class zero knife +8 (1d4+4 C; critical staggered)
Frostbite-class zero pistol +10 (1d6+4 C; critical staggered)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 4th)
1/day -- detect thoughts
At will -- daze, psychokinetic hand
TACTICS
During Combat Mado will try to stay hidden and sneak to good flanking points using his operative skills.
STATISTICS
Str +0; Dex +5; Con +0; Int +3; Wis +1; Cha +0
Skills Acrobatics +16, Perception +16, Sleight of Hand +16, Stealth +16, Survival +11
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Evasion (Ex) If you succeed at a Reflex save against an effect that normally has a partial effect on a successful save, you instead suffer no effect. You gain this benefit only when unencumbered and wearing light armor or no armor, and you lose the benefit when you are helpless or otherwise unable to move.
Uncanny Mobility (Ex) When you make a trick attack, if you choose the target of your attack before you move, your movement doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity from that target. When you use your standard action to move, you can choose one creature; you don’t provoke attacks of opportunity from that creature for this movement.
Holographic Clone (Ex) You can create holographic duplicates or psychic projections of yourself that conceal your true location. Once per day as a standard action, you can create 1d4 images of yourself that last for 1 minute per operative level. This ability otherwise functions as mirror image. You can use this exploit an additional time per day at 6th level, and again at 10th level.
Cloaking Field (Ex) You can bend light around yourself and muffle any minor sounds you make, allowing you to nearly vanish when not moving. Even when you move, you appear only as an outline with blurry features. This cloaking field doesn’t make you invisible, but it does make it easier to sneak around. Activating the cloaking field is a move action. While the cloaking field is active, you can use Stealth to hide, even while being directly observed and with no place to hide. Attacking doesn’t end the cloaking field, but it does end that particular attempt to hide. If you remain perfectly still for at least 1 round, you gain a +10 bonus to Stealth checks (which doesn’t stack with invisibility) until you move.Your cloaking field lasts for up to 10 rounds before it becomes inactive. While inactive, the cloaking field recharges automatically at the rate of 1 round of cloaking per minute.
Trick Attack (Ex) You can trick or startle a foe and then attack when she drops her guard. As a full action, you can move up to your speed. Whether or not you moved, you can then make an attack with a melee weapon with the operative special property or with any small arm. Just before making your attack, attempt a Bluff, Intimidate, or Stealth check (or a check associated with your specialization) with a DC equal to 20 + your target’s CR. If you succeed at the check, you deal 1d4 additional damage and the target is flat-footed. This damage increases to 1d8 at 3rd level, to 3d8 at 5th level, and by an additional 1d8 every 2 levels thereafter. You can’t use this ability with a weapon that has the unwieldy special property or that requires a full action to make a single attack.

StaticAvis
July 16th, 2020, 03:57
I appreciate your replies and help tonight. I copy pasted what you posted into the generator, but I still got this error message: "Error while parsing Preliminary: [string "cgen/lua/creaturegen.lua"]:1027: No DEFENSE tag found"

EDIT: Since it's based off the Alien Archive stat blocs, does that mean I need the alien archive book bought from FG?

StaticAvis
July 16th, 2020, 04:05
Another possibility I didn't consider until someone else suggested it is that it may not be compatible with unity yet?

madman
July 16th, 2020, 04:19
I have not updated it for Unity yet...

StaticAvis
July 16th, 2020, 04:59
I feel awful for wasting your time madman, but thank you so much for your help tonight!

madman
July 16th, 2020, 05:48
Here is a Unity Version.

Let me know what you think.....
Thank You Moon for the Help Previously!

stephan_
July 16th, 2020, 11:22
Shiny, thanks!

StaticAvis
July 16th, 2020, 16:16
It works great! Thanks again!

jdelcom
September 7th, 2020, 02:16
How can I get the files? I only see a clip with "attached files" text, but no link.
[solved: somehow the forum template was off, and it was not showing links]

Tuleen Donai
September 25th, 2020, 18:07
Hey! I got this to work. (When I finally installed the Unity version.)

Q: What are the 1 2 3 4 5 checkboxes for?

madman
September 25th, 2020, 18:09
Hey! I got this to work. (When I finally installed the Unity version.)

Q: What are the 1 2 3 4 5 checkboxes for?

They are no longer used. They were for logging.

Madman..

CrashTestDummy
October 10th, 2020, 18:47
Here is a Unity Version.

Let me know what you think.....
Thank You Moon for the Help Previously!

Thank you SO much for releasing a Unity version! This is going to save me hours over the course of my campaign.

TurinDM
November 16th, 2020, 10:06
I have certain problems when i create a monster with spells. Spell like invisibility and supercharge weapon cant be detected.

No concentration bonus found for Spell-Like Abilities

No concentration bonus found for Technomancer Spells Known

"Baleful Polymorph II (DC 16)" cannot be found within spell library "Starfinder Core Rulebook"

"Inject Nanobots (DC 16)" cannot be found within spell library "Starfinder Core Rulebook"

"Invisibility" cannot be found within spell library "Starfinder Core Rulebook"

"(At will) supercharge weapon." cannot be found within spell library "Starfinder Core Rulebook"

Import complete for Kezz-raji

Flyteach
May 23rd, 2021, 03:42
I'm having trouble parsing this character. I've been messing around and it's in the spells, but can't figure it out.
I get this error: Error when populating character record:[string "cgen/lua/creaturegen.lua"]:783: attempt to index field 'area' (a nil value)
I also get these warnings: No concentration bonus found for Spell-Like Abilities and No concentration bonus found for Mystic Spells Known
Here's the character input:

Amanda 3 CR 5
XP 1,600
Fiendish custom race mystic
E Medium humanoid (android, extraplanar)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +11
Defense
HP 60 RP 4
EAC 16
KAC 17
Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +8
Defensive Abilities share pain (DC 15); DR 1/good
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee basic spined blade +8 (1d6+5 P; injection +2; analog)
Ranged tactical trilaser +10 (1d6+5 F; burn 1d4; aeon)
Offensive Abilities backlash (5 damage)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 5th)
At will--mindlink (once per individual each day)
Mystic Spells Known (CL 5th; ranged +10)
3/day--hurl forcedisk
6/day--lesser confusion (DC 16), mind thrust (DC 16), mystic cure
at will--telekinetic projectile (at-will), telepathic message (at-will)
Statistics
Str +0; Dex +3; Con +0; Int +0; Wis +5; Cha +2
Skills Culture +11, Mysticism +16, Stealth +11
Gear D-suit I, basic spined blade[AR], tactical trilaser with 1 battery (20 charges)

It's working great for my other characters (Thanks a BUNCH!!!) but this one is causing problems. Oh, and I'm using latest LIVE version of Starfinder (2021-05-19), Core RPG (2021-05-21) and FGU 4.1.2.

Thanks for any help!
Flyteach

rgtschope
May 24th, 2021, 23:49
Hello, goodfolk!

I am having a Error while parsing Preliminary: [string "cgen/lua/creaturegen.lua"]:1027: No DEFENSE tag found on multiple tries here. Don't know if it is related to the last update. Here is an example:

NANOBOT MIMIC CR 3
Starfinder Adventure Path #19: Fate of the Fifth 56
N Fine construct (swarm, technological)
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +5
DEFENSE
HP 40
EAC 15
KAC 15
Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0
Defensive Abilities swarm defenses
Immunities construct immunities, swarm immunities
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft. (Ex, perfect)
Melee swarm attack (1d4+5 P)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Offensive Abilities distraction (DC 12), metal morass
STATISTICS
Str +2; Dex +4; Con--; Int +0; Wis +1; Cha -1
Skills Acrobatics +10 (+18 to fly), Disguise +5 (+15 to mimic an object), Stealth +5
Other Abilities mimic object
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Metal Morass (Ex) A nanobot mimic surrounds foes it shares a space with, making it hard for them to escape. A creature that starts its turn in the same space as a nanobot mimic must succeed at a DC 12 Reflex save or become entangled for 1 round.
Mimic Object (Ex) A nanobot mimic can observe and register into internal memory a number of technological items equal to its CR. A given registered object can weigh no more than 2 bulk. As a full action, the mimic can arrange itself into one item it has registered, taking on the appearance of that item but not its function. While in this form, the nanobot mimic loses its swarm defenses and swarm immunities, has EAC and KAC 10, gains a +10 bonus to Disguise checks, and has hardness equal to 5 + its CR. A mimic in object form can assume its swarm form as a move action or a reaction to taking damage.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: The exact same stats worked on FGC... so, maybe there is the problem. Yes, I am using the latest Unity ext here, and 4.1.2

madman
May 25th, 2021, 12:32
I have not used this in the new version of Unity. I will check it out and see if I can get it working again.

Madman

Flyteach
May 25th, 2021, 13:15
Madman, you're the best! Thanks!

RickSaada
October 27th, 2022, 08:18
So is this utility still something people want? I note it hasn't really been touched in 18 months or so. I downloaded it and tried using it and got quite a few errors trying to parse any of the creatures in this thread. There were a ton of problems parsing the spell library, plus all the concentration check issues people have mentioned. I unzipped it and grabbed the lua, and went in and took a look. There's two sets of problems:

In function linkSpellLibrary, it tries to copy a lot of fields that are apparently optional in Starfinder (targets, descriptors, area, effect). So I put in checks to ensure they exist before trying to copy them.

In function formatSpells it expects a concentration bonus which Starfinder doesn't have. Looks like a Pathfinder leftover, as there's comments about alchemists in there. So I basically went in and commented out all the places it tries to read this, gives warning about this, or writes this.

After making these changes, I've now got an extension that runs and generates what look to be proper creatures for the NANOBOT MIMIC , Mado, Tekhoinos, and Amanda.
So the question is what do I do with it? I'm happy to post the functions I changed here if someone wants to fix their own copy, but I don't want to mess with someone else's extension if that's a no-no.

madman
October 27th, 2022, 15:54
Feel free to post your version. I am sure people will use it.

Madman

Ulric
October 27th, 2022, 16:24
So is this utility still something people want? I note it hasn't really been touched in 18 months or so. I downloaded it and tried using it and got quite a few errors trying to parse any of the creatures in this thread. There were a ton of problems parsing the spell library, plus all the concentration check issues people have mentioned. I unzipped it and grabbed the lua, and went in and took a look. There's two sets of problems:

In function linkSpellLibrary, it tries to copy a lot of fields that are apparently optional in Starfinder (targets, descriptors, area, effect). So I put in checks to ensure they exist before trying to copy them.

In function formatSpells it expects a concentration bonus which Starfinder doesn't have. Looks like a Pathfinder leftover, as there's comments about alchemists in there. So I basically went in and commented out all the places it tries to read this, gives warning about this, or writes this.

After making these changes, I've now got an extension that runs and generates what look to be proper creatures for the NANOBOT MIMIC , Mado, Tekhoinos, and Amanda.
So the question is what do I do with it? I'm happy to post the functions I changed here if someone wants to fix their own copy, but I don't want to mess with someone else's extension if that's a no-no.
Please post your version of this extension.

RickSaada
October 27th, 2022, 21:31
OK, here's an updated version. I bumped the version number, and added comments with my name by all the changes I made in case someone wants to look at them. I'm more a c# person than a lua person, so hopefully I didn't do anything horribly wrong. I haven't touched lua since I worked on the Pirates of the Burning Seas MMO about 15 years ago!

Ulric
October 28th, 2022, 13:57
OK, here's an updated version. I bumped the version number, and added comments with my name by all the changes I made in case someone wants to look at them. I'm more a c# person than a lua person, so hopefully I didn't do anything horribly wrong. I haven't touched lua since I worked on the Pirates of the Burning Seas MMO about 15 years ago!

Thank you for sharing your work! Starfinder can benefit from more extension developers. Please continue to dust off your LUA skills and contribute improving Starfinder on FGU!

TurinDM
May 9th, 2023, 15:25
Hi people, i usually use this ext for my starfinder games and works fine but recently i try to build a certain caster npc and it doesnt work, it seem a error happen when read th, could you help me pls (below the stat block):

Supervisor CR 7
XP 3200
Small Monstrous Humanoid
Init +2; Senses Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +14
DEFENSE
HP 90; RP 4
EAC 18
KAC 19
Fort +6; Ref +8; Will +12
Defensive Abilities Armor
OFFENSE
Speed 5 ft.
Ranged Disintegrator Pistol, Liquidator +12 (1d10 +7 A)
Space 5; Reach 5
Offensive Abilities Weapon
Spells (CL 7)
3/day - Bestow Curse (DC 20), Polar Vortex (DC 20)
6/day - Crystal Eruption (DC 19), Force Blast (DC 19), Hold Person (DC 19), Predict Foe (DC 19)
At Will - Battlemind Link, Lesser (DC 18), Baleful Polymorph (DC 18)
STATISTICS
Str +0; Dex +2; Con +0; Int +4; Wis +5; Cha +0
Skills Bluff +19, Intimidate +14, Mysticism +19
Other Abilities Connection (Overlord), Mindlink
Gear Azlanti Royal Battle Regalia, Liquidator Disintegrator Pistol
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Armor If the creature is CR 3–7, add one armor upgrade with an item level equal to or less than the creature’s CR. If it is CR 8+, add two armor upgrades, each with an item level equal to or less than the creature’s CR.

Weapon Add a ranged weapon of a level no greater than the creature’s CR + 1; this weapon can’t be disarmed. A creature with the combatant array should get a longarm, and a creature with the expert or spellcaster array should get a small arm. Add the creature’s CR to damage dealt with its weapon. The ammunition of such weapons is recovered once per day after the creature rests for 8 hours.

celebrindal
May 21st, 2023, 19:54
Don't suppose anyone is still maintaining this? Just tried doing an import of a pretty basic creature. Seems to work except for space and reach. Looks like it's ignoring the values there, but in the reach note it does pull the value in there.

MEGZOLOTH CR 6

N Huge animal

Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +13

DEFENSE

HP 90

EAC 18

KAC 20

Fort +10; Ref +10; Will +5

Resistances cold 10

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft., climb 10 ft.

Melee claw +16 (1d8+11 S plus trip; critical knockdown)

Space 25 ft; Reach 30 ft

TACTICS

During Combat If a creature displays a genetically modifed plant, such as one taken from the lab, the megzoloth attacks that creature, or spends a round pursuing and eating the plant if it is thrown or dropped. Otherwise, a megzoloth attacks the creature that damaged it the most in the past 3 rounds.

Morale A megzoloth flees if reduced to 15 HP or less.

STATISTICS

Str +5; Dex +2; Con +3; Int -4; Wis +0; Cha +0

Skills Athletics +18, Survival +13

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Trip (Ex) When a megzoloth deals damage with its claw, it may immediately attempt a combat maneuver to trip its target.

P.S. if I pull in the supervisor from above it does read the space and reach. Thought it might be due to the missing xp but that didn't change it.

seanny
March 10th, 2024, 06:59
How do I use this.
I copied most of the last entry into a new text file and then made the extension .xml
Is this the correct method?

BUT I get error

import: Missing Root Node

in the error log.

What am I doing wrong?
I am using the updated extension provided by another user.
I thought this might be more stable.
It is called "A Starfinder CreatureGen Unity.ext".

Ideas?

I was pressing the wrong button.
This error comes from import at bottom of npc tab.

Now I have found that there is a new button at top of NPC tab which says CCgen I think.
This opens a text area where I can copy/paste my text.
I will experiment further with this.
Initially I get an error ,this time in chat window that says no defence found.
I will keep trying.

https://i.imgur.com/lM18iNQ.png

Looks like I am getting somewhere now -just need to work out why I got the no defence with my earlier attempt of the
MEGZOLOTH ,since this new creature ,again from earlier in the thread works.

Made quite a few monsters now.
Worked out it is best if the HP total is on a new line,
separate from word Defence.
This seems to smooth the process.
Else you will most likely get an error ,no defence found.

After making a few more monsters I have found the Armour Class needs to be checked.
The odd monster will be given 0 in both AC values.
ALSO for some strange reason the EAC armour is set to 0 ,this needs to be manually set.
Other than that the editor I have used seems fine ,I have now made a LOT of monsters. Just slowly checking the ACs and I am good to go.

Looking at my screenshot ,the EAC has been correctly calculated there- HOWEVER most monster stat blocks have EAC and KAC on same line separated by some punctuation -that could be the issue ,an idea anyway. I might test this in next monster I make ,AFTER checking all my initial monsters first .
This does seem to have solved EAC 0 problem.
Basically separate EAC and KAC onto separate lines and remove the ";" after EAC just to be sure.