PDA

View Full Version : Module items losing group belonging

JML
November 18th, 2018, 08:25
Hi all. I just became aware of a strange behavior concerning a custom module I created, used in a custom ruleset I just began to fork from CoreRPG. At the moment I did very few changes to the basic ruleset and don't think they are involved, but I may be wrong on this.

Anyway, assuming I'm right in thinking my rusleset as nothing to do with this, here's what bothers me. I created a blank campaign based on my ruleset to create all the items, tables, modifiers and effects I want to reuse in the actual campaigns I'm GMing. I then export them as a module to this purpose.

All my items are nicely ordered in groups (weapons, clothes, etc.) to ease finding what's needed. But when I open the module in my actual campaigns, some of the items don't belong anymore to their original groups and get classified in a group named after the module. And when I take a look at the module generated XML file, every thing seems fine…

Now, I'm wondering if, being french, and using specific french characters all over the place in the texts, items and groups names (not the module file name of course, I was careful about this), all those non ISO 8859-1 characters are being responsible for the mess…

If needed I can join the .mod file and even the ruleset.

Thank you for the time you'll take to think and investigate on my problem.

JML
November 18th, 2018, 12:29
OK. I finally tested the module in a CoreRPG test campaign, changing definition.xml to allow it outside my ruleset. Every things looks fine. So it seems my ruleset is to blame finally :hurt:

Sorry for that guys.

You can close this subject or move it to The Workshop, where it looks like it belongs.