PDA

View Full Version : Question about one of the options in the options menu

shartahl
November 18th, 2018, 01:34
I can't find out what this command does in the options. I ran some tests side by side with NPCs attacking PCs and PCs attacking NPCs. I don't see any differences in chat.

** Chat: Anonymize NPC attacks on/off **

damned
November 18th, 2018, 01:45
I can't find out what this command does in the options. I ran some tests side by side with NPCs attacking PCs and PCs attacking NPCs. I don't see any differences in chat.

** Chat: Anonymize NPC attacks on/off **

Try connecting a player instance to the table (you can launch a second instance on the GM computer and connect to teh server/alias localhost) and see what the difference is from the player view.

Moon Wizard
November 18th, 2018, 01:53
It removes the plus text from the front of NPC attacks with magic weapons. (i.e. “+2 long sword” -> “Long sword”). This is because most NPC stat records in both 3.5E D&D and Pathfinder include that information in the attack line as part of the standard stat records. (Not FG specific)

Regards,
JPG

shartahl
November 18th, 2018, 02:39
It removes the plus text from the front of NPC attacks with magic weapons. (i.e. “+2 long sword” -> “Long sword”). This is because most NPC stat records in both 3.5E D&D and Pathfinder include that information in the attack line as part of the standard stat records. (Not FG specific)

Regards,
JPG

ahh, so it may not do anything with Starfinder. I will also test with a player client on another computer here

mac40k
November 18th, 2018, 14:32
ahh, so it may not do anything with Starfinder. I will also test with a player client on another computer here

Just in case you weren't aware, you don't need another computer. Start FG and load your campaign, giving you the normal GM view. Start another instance of FG on the same computer and join your campaign using "localhost" (no quotes) as the server alias. This gets you the player view. You can then Alt-Tab between them, or depending on your monitor size/shape, restore both FG instances to windows rather than full screen and place them side by side.