PDA

View Full Version : LFP, D&D 5e, Long term homebrew campaign, Fri 8p.m AST.

MetalRhythm
November 18th, 2018, 00:24
Hello! My name is Cory, or you can call me Metal. I am 27, and male.

I have been playing and DM'ing TTRPG's for 13 years. I have taken a brief break from DM'ing and would like to start up again. I am new to FG, so I would like at least one of my chosen players to know the FG interface well, to help me out from time to time. Starting time is Fridays at 11p.m AST. Starting date is up in the air as we are getting close to the holiday season, but I am ready to start once the players have finished making their characters. Here are the campaign details, please PM me any questions.

Campaign name: Vaolaran Nights
Player max: 5
Session duration: 3hrs min + situational/unanimous player desire
Overarching theme: Pirates, Lovecraft, and steampunk.
Campaign type: Homebrew sandbox.
Description: Vaolara is my homebrew world, crafted over years of playing D&D since 3.5e, and your adventures will add to this worlds lore for years to come. The world is made up of three island continents, those being the forested/plains like Akilzad, the desert/rain-forest like Astas, and the icy/mountainous Saagnvald. Vaolara has it's own pantheon (more info will be expunged for your character creation upon request. If you don't ask things during character creation, I'll assume your character doesn't know in game. Ex' your character was born in the current town you are in, don't assume you know who the blacksmith is).

Character creation rules:
- Starting lvl is 5. Lvl progression is exp. Individual exp will be given for good RP, creativity, participation, etc.
- Roll for stats (4d6 minus the lowest, you can take one mulligan), or you can use point buy.
- All WotC material is allowed (even UA). Any other source must be ok'd by me first (i'll probably allow it though)
- Extensive backstories are not strictly necessary, but I highly encourage it.
- Evil aligned characters are allowed. Just know that law does exist in Vaolara and crimes are punished.
- I want you to play the character's you want to play. So don't worry about typical party makeup or labels such as tank, healer, blaster, etc. I have ways to help with party shortcomings.

You will be starting on a ship, heading to the city of Kyridge in Akilzad. You are heading there for your own reasons, but fate will bring you together. I encourage the players to talk to each-other and bond before the campaign start, go ahead and form character relationships if you wish such as siblings, friends, colleagues, etc. Kyridge is a large coastal city and the capital of Akilzad. It is also known as the epicenter of technology in Akilzad.

I will be on time to every session. If I am going to be late or have to cancel a session, you will be notified well in advance. I expect the same from my players.

We will be using Discord for VC.

If you are interested in playing, please PM me with the following:
- The name you wish to go by.
- Your age/gender. (optional)
- Your D&D 5e experience.
- Your FG experience.
- Gimme your questions. I love questions and I know you have some.

MetalRhythm
November 19th, 2018, 16:15
Game time has been changed to 11p.m AST.

MetalRhythm
November 22nd, 2018, 01:39
All players have been selected. Thank you for everyone's interest.