PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Tables using the Dice Tower throws LUA Exception

Razortide
November 16th, 2018, 11:51
Hello all,

I found another thing (using v 3.3.6 with current SaWo Ruleset):

I played around with the GM roll visible option and found that table rolls are also visible. I tried to hide this using the Dice tower (dragging the dice from the table to the tower). The roll is executed but afterwards I receive: "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_table.lua"]:259: findNode: Invalid parameter 1"

Is this a known error?

I should add that I've tried to click the VIS button, but it didn't worked (icon didn't change, output always visible)

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2018, 15:58
Razortide,

Can you provide a list of all extensions you have loaded; and/or screenshot of chat window when campaign loaded?

I’ve forwarded link to this thread to Ikael; but he’ll need that info.

Thanks,
JPG

Razortide
November 20th, 2018, 08:33
Hello JPG,

I fiddled around a bit. I think it's related that this Table is (as everything else) marked as static. If I copy it and make it editable, I can just hide the result without any issue.

Best regards,
Marc

Ikael
November 26th, 2018, 20:15
Hello JPG,

I fiddled around a bit. I think it's related that this Table is (as everything else) marked as static. If I copy it and make it editable, I can just hide the result without any issue.

Best regards,
Marc

What it some table that existed in commercial product? If so could you point it out so I could test this out myself

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2018, 22:10
Also, did you make the roll from a table loaded from a module on the player side that was not loaded on the GM side?

If a player uses the tower to make a table roll on a table that is not also open on the GM side, you would see that error in any ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

Razortide
November 27th, 2018, 08:33
Hello Ikael, hello Moon,

How I did this:
GM-View: Dragged Dice Icon from the Table to the Dice Tower. I tried to use the "Eye-Icon" to toggle visibility, but the button shows no reaction. When I copy the Table I can change the visibility.
Basically all SW Deluxe Tables are affected. I tried it with the Injury Tabel, but same is true for Out of Control Table or Fright table.

Best,
Marc