PDA

View Full Version : Requesting ruleset!

shadzar
November 15th, 2018, 13:44
Someone please make this into a ruleset. i need it!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/11/14/monopoly-millennials/2003129002/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA4nUDb3uo4

Valyar
November 17th, 2018, 14:25
LOL, this is hilarious game :)

ps: you are better off with the Tabletop Simulator for this

shadzar
November 17th, 2018, 17:57
ps: you are better off with the Tabletop Simulator for this

really? it is just normal d6 so i figured FG could handle it, if there is a ruleset for drawing cards built in, with money and a list for the "character sheet" to track "likes" "dislikes" as numers, but i can't make character sheets at all.

zarlor
November 17th, 2018, 18:25
Valyar is totally right. FG could potentially do it but it would take a LOT of work. Tabletop Simulator is not only built to handle exactly that kind of thing, it's already got a bunch of Monopoly sets already in it that could be used as a basis for that one. I don't see that one built there yet, but all the things you'd need to do it are already in place.

LordEntrails
November 17th, 2018, 20:41
The other system I would look at is Vassal. Never use V or TTS, but from what I have read, those are where I would start.

Andraax
November 18th, 2018, 00:01
Yes, and Vassal has a Monopoly module as well. If there are different cards / boards / pieces / whatever, it should be easy to change out the graphics in the module.

shadzar
November 18th, 2018, 12:09
the thing is, this one doesnt play like existing Monopoly. the form is the same, but the function is different. so an existing Monopoly wouldnt not really work since
Forget Real Estate, You cant afford it anyway. so it only looks like Monopoly but has a different everything else except for having the same direction and board design and chance/community chest cards.

Andraax
November 18th, 2018, 13:08
Vassal does not enforce rules, it just provides the table top and pieces. So, you can play with whatever rules you want.

zarlor
November 18th, 2018, 14:21
Same with TTS. I think Vassal is cheaper? In either case, though, the suggestion is that one of the Monopoly variants provides a starting point to replace with all the differences in that version that you need. Just change the board, the pieces, the cards, etc., however you need to match the rules for that variant. I think in both you can do some amount of scripting (I know you can in TTS, at any rate) to enforce some rules however you like, but everything is changeable. Either of those pieces of software are literally built to do board gaming, in particular, and are very, very well suited for it. FG is absolutely awesome for RPGs, but less so for board games like that. Thus we're suggesting to use the right tool to get the job done and that FG probably isn't the right, or at least not the best, tool for something like that.

Andraax
November 18th, 2018, 15:08
Vassal is free.