PDA

View Full Version : Tablet install?

Nadine Chanz
November 15th, 2018, 01:37
I'd like to install FG on to a tablet I was just gifted. The Tablet is LG G70 and I can download fantasy grounds, but it will not install. Anyone know a trick or a step in the process I'm missing?

pindercarl
November 15th, 2018, 01:43
Google suggests that by LG G70, you might mean the LG G Pad 7.0. That is an Android tablet. Fantasy Grounds does not run on Android.

Nadine Chanz
November 15th, 2018, 02:02
Damn, thanks for the information.

The High Druid
November 15th, 2018, 08:22
If you search the forums, someone 'sort-of' got FG running on an android tablet by installing it on their PC through Steam, and putting the Steam-link app on the tablet.

I can't imagine it would be a great experience on a 7" screen though.

Blackwolfe
August 1st, 2020, 15:43
Most younger D&D gamers use phones and tablets to play, Fantasy Grounds is really hurting their possible market by not making this possible / easy.

BaneTBC
August 2nd, 2020, 18:39
The part that you are missing is that Fantasy Grounds is a program, not a lightweight app, which is what phones and tablets use. This is due to a drastic difference in what a tablet/phone can do versus a PC. Apples do not equal oranges. Could a lighter version be created for Fantasy Grounds? Sure, but their resources are currently focused on the FGU, 64-bit version that is expanding the functionality that people have wanted for years. They have a relatively small development group, I would hate to see it be slowed down/split trying to create a reduced functionality app at this point in time.