PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling next FG Daze?

Hector Trelane
November 13th, 2018, 22:02
damned,
A suggestion for scheduling the next FG Daze: how about Jan 19 or 20, 2019? This is on the other side of holidays and in the USA is a three-day weekend (Martin Luther King Day is Monday, January 21, 2019), so it may help to increase turn out.

I'll plan to run a one shot (or two) for the next run of FG Daze.

ShotGun Jolly
November 15th, 2018, 17:27
damned,
A suggestion for scheduling the next FG Daze: how about Jan 19 or 20, 2019? This is on the other side of holidays and in the USA is a three-day weekend (Martin Luther King Day is Monday, January 21, 2019), so it may help to increase turn out.

I'll plan to run a one shot (or two) for the next run of FG Daze.

This timing will be right in the middle of my time off.. Ill be able to make this one!

ProNobis
November 15th, 2018, 18:16
That sounds like it would be a blast. The Explorer's Guild now has enough players and GMs that we could probably make a pretty good showing at the next one.

Hector Trelane
November 15th, 2018, 22:29
This timing will be right in the middle of my time off.. Ill be able to make this one!

May we presume we will be hearing the lamentations of enemy's women on that weekend? (Boy that sounds retro and out of step with the times when I write that...)

That sounds like it would be a blast. The Explorer's Guild now has enough players and GMs that we could probably make a pretty good showing at the next one.

Excellent--glad to have new GMs and players!

ShotGun Jolly
November 16th, 2018, 10:00
May we presume we will be hearing the lamentations of enemy's women on that weekend? (Boy that sounds retro and out of step with the times when I write that...)

Excellent--glad to have new GMs and players!

Wow.. Yeah, I guess it does! lol.

ProNobis
November 17th, 2018, 16:15
It also sounds really weird to say "May we hear the lamenting of all your enemies husbands that weekend?" (implying female warriors and more in-step with the standard of female focused pronouns by Pathfinder 2.0). Maybe it would be better "May we hear the lamenting of all of your enemies spouses that weekend."
Personally I would rather focus on writing cool mechanics, but I guess publishers do have to focus on being at least somewhat politically acceptable.

Hector Trelane
November 17th, 2018, 17:50
It also sounds really weird to say "May we hear the lamenting of all your enemies husbands that weekend?" (implying female warriors and more in-step with the standard of female focused pronouns by Pathfinder 2.0). Maybe it would be better "May we hear the lamenting of all of your enemies spouses that weekend."
Personally I would rather focus on writing cool mechanics, but I guess publishers do have to focus on being at least somewhat politically acceptable.

It would be pretty hilarious to rewrite Conan for gender inclusiveness and diversity. “He flexed his mighty thews, but before beheading his enemies he sat in a circle with them to ask about their perspective and check his own cultural bias...”

ShotGun Jolly
November 21st, 2018, 10:18
It would be pretty hilarious to rewrite Conan for gender inclusiveness and diversity. “He flexed his mighty thews, but before beheading his enemies he sat in a circle with them to ask about their perspective and check his own cultural bias...”

LMAO...

Oh my sides are hurting!

Hector Trelane
November 28th, 2018, 20:59
Request for GM here: Hoping someone can run the City of Mist (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35156-MoreCore-City-Of-Mist-Starter-Set), as in past sessions. (I was even signed up once, but had to drop out due to RL.) It's free content (thanks, damned!) and well-reviewed. On my bucket list to play.

FG Daze can be a great "try a new thing" event. I'll plan to run GUMSHOE and (I hope) a second indie game to provide just those kinds of opportunities.

damned
November 28th, 2018, 23:26
Ok this weekend Ill make an official FGDaze post...

ShotGun Jolly
December 3rd, 2018, 01:07
Awesome!

Hector Trelane
December 10th, 2018, 17:12
Another scheduling option: Feb 16-18 is a three day holiday weekend in the states that could increase turnout, if that timing works better.

dmccoy1693
December 20th, 2018, 16:51
Where is FG Daze announced and where is the schedule? I've never seen it.

damned
December 20th, 2018, 23:19

<hangs his head in shame>
Coming soon!

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2018, 00:26
It is announced here in this sub-forum, and on the fg-con.com website.

But, as poor damned implies, he hasn't gotten around to it yet. As you may know, damned does a great deal for our community, so we try to morally support him and show our appreciation for all he does.

Hector Trelane
July 16th, 2019, 17:59
Rezzing this thread for second use: is it once again time to schedule an FGDaze? For sometime in August?

Would a survey be helpful to collect GM interest and assess best timing?

spelaspela
January 20th, 2020, 22:00
Thx!

damned
January 21st, 2020, 00:42
Thx!

Bye bye. Dont come back.