PDA

View Full Version : LFG - New Player - UK, GMT - D&D

IDAIN
November 13th, 2018, 11:04
FG License: Standard (Steam)
Time Zone: UK, GMT.
Frequency, and Time: I'd prefer a weekly or biweekly for a short run campaign played between 1200-1700 GMT but can easily adapt if needed. A one-shot game may also be good to help me build up experience and knowledge.
Voice and Language: English - Discord, Skype or TeamSpeak.

Preferred Game System: D&D
Game System Experience: New player no experience, aside from some homebrew games.
FG Experience: New to FG, but I have used R20 before.

Preferred Character: I'd like to play a charisma heavy human or dwarf with strong ability score in lore and knowledge. I'm happy to play in any class as long as it's not a magic user.
Preferred Playstyle: A GM how likes a heavy emphasis on role-playing and story over combat.

About me: I'm a new player and have only played a few homebrew games prior. I'm really wanting to get into a game that is heavily story and character driven. Due to my lack of experience, I'd need a group that's chill and willing to help me out a bit. About me personly, I am 23, English and ex army.

Need anything else just ask.

Von Stalhein
November 13th, 2018, 13:38
PMed you! :)

ProNobis
November 14th, 2018, 23:50
Hi Idain! You would be more than welcome to come and hang out with us in Explorer's Guild, however we are not a traditional campaign. We are based on "sequential one-shots" (each session can stand on its own, but connects to lore in a persistent world to give a sense of a campaign to regular players). Personally I prefer GMing games that focus on role-play, and have seen some pretty creative sessions (A group of player characters talking the head blacksmith for a military faction into turning sides, sabotaging her boss, then heading back to their base. Another time a bunch of low level players convinced a dragon that the army was coming and that he needed to get out of the area before they arrived. They got the reward for getting rid of the dragon, and a tip from the dragon for "slowing the advancement of the army" [that only existed in their minds].). That being said, when we have a bunch of players seeking to hack and slash, I tend to go with the flow rather than trying to railroad players onto a specific track. If this sounds interesting, head on over to our discord server https://discord.gg/YxR8r3y.