PDA

View Full Version : Alphabetic (or other) sorting options for Character Selection Screen

monkeywork
November 8th, 2018, 15:40
Hi folks -

Not sure if this is an option and I'm missing it, or maybe an extension that someone can guide me to but Character Selection screen is getting a bit cluttered (we play west marches style game) would be nice if we could alphabetically sort (or sort by level even) players in there.

-Monkey

Moderator: Moved to extensions forum. See #3 for extension.

LordEntrails
November 8th, 2018, 16:24
Welcome to the forums.

No, you are not missing anything. I thought there was a suggestion for this on the wishlist, but a quick search can not find it. You are welcome to add it; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Trenloe
November 8th, 2018, 16:53
Not sure if this is an option and I'm missing it, or maybe an extension that someone can guide me to but Character Selection screen is getting a bit cluttered (we play west marches style game) would be nice if we could alphabetically sort (or sort by level even) players in there.
I wasn't aware of an extension.

The below extension is no longer needed - this functionality is included in FG v3.3.7.

But I've quickly made this one - it should work with any ruleset that is based on CoreRPG and will order both the GM and PC selection windows alphabetically.

Copy the attached file to your <FG app data>\extensions directory, restart FG (if it was running) and enable Character Select List Order by Name extension.

LordEntrails
November 8th, 2018, 17:16
Very nice T.R.E.N.L.O.E.!

Really appreciate it, as with so many things you do!

monkeywork
November 8th, 2018, 18:41
@trenloe Thank you! This will help quite a bit!

seeing how quickly you did that now has me looking into how to do extensions... like i need another rabbit hole :)
from the looks of it should be pretty easy to modify to allow sorting by levels

Trenloe
November 8th, 2018, 19:28
@trenloe Thank you! This will help quite a bit!
No worries - it was quite quick and simple. Otherwise I wouldn't have taken myself away from Pathfinder development.

seeing how quickly you did that now has me looking into how to do extensions... like i need another rabbit hole :)
from the looks of it should be pretty easy to modify to allow sorting by levels
Yeah, it'll just be a case of changing the sortby control being used by the windowlists. Some info on the windowlist XML here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowlist.xcp

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2018, 19:41
You could probably sticky this one in the CoreRPG list, Trenloe since it won't let me do it.

Trenloe
November 8th, 2018, 20:00
You could probably sticky this one in the CoreRPG list, Trenloe since it won't let me do it.
Way ahead of you!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20320-CoreRPG-Community-Extensions

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2018, 21:00
I’ve been thinking about doing this for all CoreRPG. I think it’s the last campaign list not to do this.

Can anybody think of a reason to preserve the old ordering?

JPG

Trenloe
November 8th, 2018, 21:02
Nope.

Trenloe
November 8th, 2018, 21:03
And while you're at it - maybe consider a text name filter field at the bottom? Please? :)

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2018, 21:03
I’ve been thinking about doing this for all CoreRPG. I think it’s the last campaign list not to do this.

JPG

None at all. I don't have many PCs ever but I can imagine that someone like the OP who has many could have a job finding the right character.

Talyn
November 8th, 2018, 21:20

JPG

Nope! Go full Devo and whip it! Whip it good! :p

LordEntrails
November 8th, 2018, 22:18
Gotta agree, No good reason not too :)

As our resident AI added, ability to sort by name and a search field would be great. Any possibility to add other filters? Like owned and un-owned and who the owner is?

Levels and class filters are ruleset specific, but those would be icing as well, but could just be done with community extensions if someone got anxious :)

Bidmaron
November 8th, 2018, 23:40
Hey, Trenloe let me thank you for all your hard work on PF2. You are doing a super job on that and my group is enjoying the heck out of it!