PDA

View Full Version : Modification Intentions

Stormonu
July 17th, 2006, 02:11
I thought I would list here the modifications I'm intending to make to my copy of FantasyGrounds, in case anyone was interesting in duplicating them, or if they've already managed to get it working I could just use their copy.:)

Compartmentalize monster entries
Description: Break down monsters into smaller groups (by sourcebook) and add a search feature to the monster screen.
Thread: Monster Mash (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4631)
Reasoning: Make addition of monsters from others sources less unwieldy

Redesign Equipment Tables
Description: Make all equipment Drag & Droppable. Allow for equipment from other sources to be added and displayed under correct headings ("One handed martial", "Exotic weapon", "Goods", etc. Note: need to account for different character sizes on weapon damage & item weights.
Thread: None
Reasoning: Making equipment drag & droppable will cut down on typing and help reduce errors. Also, adding new content should be easier and compartmentalized.

Drag and Drop equipment - weapons
Description: Allow weapon to be dragged to attack block on character sheet to fill in weapon name, damage and critical range. Note: need to be able to account for character size when filling in damage
Reasoning: Reduce typing and chance of mistyping something

Armor and Shield box
Description: On the equipment sheet, create a block where Armor worn and Shield information can be entered.
Reasoning: Preparation for modification: Drag and Drop Armor

Spell Failure
Description: On the spell sheet, create a block where spell failure can entered
Reasoning: Preparation for modification: Drag and Drop Armor

Drag and Drop equipment - armor
Description: Allow armor to be dragged to an "Armor" box, filling in Armor Bonus, Spell Failure and Armor Check. Note: need to add checkbox for Masterwork and possibly "special materials" and enhancement bonus, as they affect final values.
Reasoning: reduce typing and chance of making errors

Modify Inventory sheet
Description: Change inventory sheet to have columns Item Name, Count, Weight. Add code so that if Weight is changed, encumberance is recalculated. Is it possible to recalculate weight if Count is changed?
Reasoning: Preparation for Drag and Drop Equipment

Drag and Drop equipment - equipment
Description: Allow equipment to be dragged to Equipment list on character sheet, filling in Weight and recalculating encumberance. Note: need to account for size of character when defining weight.
Reasoning: reduce typing and utilize encumberance.

Auto-fill Carry Capacity
Description: When Strength is entered, automatically fill Light Load, Medium Load, Heavy Load, Lift over Head, Lift off Ground, and Push or Drag. Note: need to account for size of character for these values. At very least, allow entry to be put into Max Load and system calculates other fields.
Reasoning: Increase usefulness of using encumberance rules

Drag and Drop Feats
Description: Allow feats to be dragged and dropped to Feat section on character sheet. Note: also allow feats to be dragged to quickbar for easy reference (especially good for complex feats).
Reasoning: reduce typing and preparation for Quicklink to Source

Drag and Drop Class/Race abilities
Description: Allows classes to be dropped to Class section on character sheet, and allows race to be dropped to Race section on character sheet.
Reasoning: Reduce typing and preparation for Quicklink to Source

Quicklink: Feats
Description: By clicking the Feat section, open detailed list of all the character's feats. By clicking on an individual feat, open detailed block of info on feat.
Reasoning: Faster in-play reference.

Quicklink: Race
Description: By clicking the Race on character sheet, open a detailed block of info on race.
Reasoning: Faster in-play reference.

Quicklink: Class
Description: By clicking on the Class section, open detailed list of all the character's classes. By clicking on an individual class, open detailed block of info on class.
Reasoning: Faster in-play reference

Autoroll
Description: Create a clickable link beside Fort, Will, Reflex, Attack, Spell Failure that will generate a roll with the appropriate modifiers already added in. Note: on Attack, must roll 1d20 for each attack, adding appropriate bonus to each and must be able to roll one attack (standard attack) versus all attacks (full attack).

heliopolix
July 17th, 2006, 05:36
Quite an ambitious list of modifications to be done, Storm. I'd be glad to help on some parts, but I'd also like to mention that a lot of the automated things (like the auto-save-roll button) will get a lot easier with 2.0/Lua.

I'll post further when I return from my trip.
helio

zambol
July 21st, 2006, 07:51
I have done at least some of these properties in my ruleset.
Ruleset is not totally SRD compliant, but you can copy needed features from it.

Redesign Equipment Tables: Make all equipment Drag & Droppable /w weight. -Done + "Make equipment tables"

Modify Inventory sheet: Autocalculate encumberance of drag&drop inventory list - Might not be possible in 1.05 or i haven't figured it out.

Auto-fill Carry Capacity: - Done

Link to ruleset:
https://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/zambol/d20%20ZMods.zip

Latest updates to ruleset: 21.07.06

Stormonu
July 21st, 2006, 20:01
Thanks Zambol, you mods are quite neat :D